_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937149 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6480 on: September 03, 2012, 11:59:05 pm »

Oh, how wonderful! I can violate people's brains with impunity! Why, my lungs are all aflutter. Must be... inspiration!
Approach an empty VR unit.
Okay, virtual reality. Makes sense. You can do this, Timmy. This won't be like that time in Big Tim's house. That was an accident, and will never happen again. Damn, was he pissed when he found out.
Enter VR. Upon receiving the program options, choose Tinker. Get a magnetic field manipulator and try to replace its battery with a generator (say, a 4-token one). See how usable it is under those circumstances (not by myself, but by a perfect (all fives) unconventional weapons user) - how many times can it be used in a row before needing to recharge, mostly. Repeat with less expensive and more expensive generators.
((Couldn't take it anymore. The Tinker Fever is contagious.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6481 on: September 04, 2012, 01:01:53 am »

"Thank you ill decide a bit later"
Returns to the VR machine and bringing up the tinker program begins working on a fully automated and portable sentry turret
The tinker program suggests you look at the Gunner Bot.

Get a bag of ice and put one of the fingers in it, throwing the rest away, then put the finger on ice in my locker or whatever storage unit I have.
Then head over to VR, load up the Claws of Life system in Tinker, and review my current progress.

You get some ice from the Armory master and put your chilled finger in your locker before heading back to the VR machine. You load up the claws of life and ask the Tinker program to display your progress.

"Mired in failure"

Oh dear.

Perform the documented procedure, replacing the laser rifle as the chief component. Then install a subsidiary capacitor of the suit's reactor that regulates the amount of energy utilised when the laser is fired to manageable levels, and connect the completed system to it. Subsequently perform efficiency tests on a simulated target. Afterwards, draw up a program that will allow you to designate targets for the laser to track and fire upon for a specified duration via the Atmosphere Suit's HUD. Test the system for bugs and efficiency. Determine the amount of charge the weapon will now have following modification. Determine the cost of the required components.

((Can I return the hand laser for a refund on the token?))
(as long as you haven't used it, yes. )

You replace the hand laser with a laser rifle, stripping off the rifle butt and adding  a larger, motorized gimble for it to attach to. That done, you connect it to a capacitor bank and then connect the capacitor bank to the main suit power. Preliminary tests with manual control look good, the laser fires well and manuvers fairly well, though it has a significant blindspot to one side because of the barrel of the rifle smacking into your faceplate.

[aux:6+1]
You create a program that you hope will function as the semi-automated firing system, however when you test it you discover that it has a nasty habit of randomly firing upon any moving targets, including your feet.

Oh, how wonderful! I can violate people's brains with impunity! Why, my lungs are all aflutter. Must be... inspiration!
Approach an empty VR unit.
Okay, virtual reality. Makes sense. You can do this, Timmy. This won't be like that time in Big Tim's house. That was an accident, and will never happen again. Damn, was he pissed when he found out.
Enter VR. Upon receiving the program options, choose Tinker. Get a magnetic field manipulator and try to replace its battery with a generator (say, a 4-token one). See how usable it is under those circumstances (not by myself, but by a perfect (all fives) unconventional weapons user) - how many times can it be used in a row before needing to recharge, mostly. Repeat with less expensive and more expensive generators.
((Couldn't take it anymore. The Tinker Fever is contagious.))
When attached to a generator the manipulator seems to run happily and seemingly indefinitely, as long as the user holds out.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: September 04, 2012, 01:30:16 am »

((Is there a 2-token or 1-token generator? Does the manipulator run indefinitely on that as well? Also, what kinds of calculations are performed to operate the MagFM?))
Summon up a claw (like a claw-machine claw without the wires, plus with a clawspan of about 1 meter and 4 digits to grasp with, all of it made of a strong, lightweight ferromagnetic metal or fancy alloy). See if the manipulator user can lift it and hold it up indefinitely at a certain height while still being able to move it on a horizontal plane. Also see if the claws can be gently opened by the MU without damaging them at the same time as the first two movements are taking place.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:07:05 am by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6483 on: September 04, 2012, 01:52:09 am »

You create a program that you hope will function as the semi-automated firing system, however when you test it you discover that it has a nasty habit of randomly firing upon any moving targets, including your feet.
((This is d6 right? Was that a bad roll just now or a good one? I'll assume it was a good one for now and that I just need to make some more changes.))

Attach a laser-designator to right side of the suit's helmet with a link to the weapon system. Add a cursor to the Suit's HUD that indicates where the laser-designator is pointed. Make an addendum to the weapon system's program that orders the gimbal to point the weapon towards the target designated by the laser. Test the weapon on simulated targets for accuracy, and determine how far the weapon can rotate to the left((I forgot to specify that the weapon is located on my right shoulder)) before being unable to fire upon targets. Add a three-dimensional object recognition software to the mount in order to facilitate more effective targeting capabilities, and upload data on all known hostile entity anatomy((the laser-designator serves to indicate a target's silhouette, which the 3D sensor locks on to, and then I indicate the amount of time the weapon should fire)). Update the weapon's software as needed and subsequently test the weapon on simulated targets for accuracy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: September 04, 2012, 01:57:38 am »

((This is d6 right? Was that a bad roll just now or a good one? I'll assume it was a good one for now and that I just need to make some more changes.))
((Rolling a 6 (or even a 5 in your case) means you overdid it. There are some cases (such as intentionally dealing lethal damage) where an overshoot might be desirable, but it usually means you technically accomplished what you wanted to do, but with certain quirks that ultimately make what you did a bad thing. For instance, a 6 in med tech means you misdiagnose a patient, kick a patient half to death to fix his skeletal trauma or amputate your hand when it's merely broken.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:00:01 am by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6485 on: September 04, 2012, 02:00:23 am »

((Rolling a 6 (or even a 5 in your case) means you overdid it. There are some cases (such as intentionally dealing lethal damage) where an overshoot might be desirable, but it usually means you technically accomplished what you wanted to do, but with certain quirks that ultimately make what you did a bad thing. For instance, a 6 in med tech means you misdiagnose a patient, kick a patient half to death to fix his skeletal trauma or amputate your hand when it's merely broken.))
((I see. Thank you.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: September 04, 2012, 02:32:29 am »

Lukas takes a look at all the new guys walking around, wondering whether he should introduce himself. "Aaaw, fuck it."

Go watch television with Bishop instead. Attempt to sit on the couch.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:37 am »

Ignore the tinkerer programs suggestion.
Begin building a sentry gun system from scratch that must be carried into place and then deployed

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: September 04, 2012, 04:59:50 am »

((The reason that I'd like approved weapons to also open up for the public is that, if you're building something else but run into a problem, you could ask the computer to search in past projects for similar problems, and how their designers dealt with it.))

'Aah, perfect, thank you Steve.'
Watch mission information from the previous 5 missions. Take notes as to what went wrong each time, and how it could have been done better.

((Also, I don't know if this has been proposed before, but i'm going to start a project to build a generator with multiple 'slots' to recharge weapons. The idea would be that it remains on-station, to refuel your weapons between missions. That way, it wouldn't be overly expensive, seeing how we can make the generator as big as it's needed to be. If it succeeds, then you would only need to buy a weapon, and maybe 1 spare clip, and you'd be set. And I think we could pool tokens, seeing how it would be a project that benefits everybody. What do you guys think? I'm gonna start working as soon as i'm ready with the mission material, and I'll announce it over the ship 'coms so that you can come help me, if you want. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: September 04, 2012, 05:37:26 am »

((The reason that I'd like approved weapons to also open up for the public is that, if you're building something else but run into a problem, you could ask the computer to search in past projects for similar problems, and how their designers dealt with it.))

'Aah, perfect, thank you Steve.'
Watch mission information from the previous 5 missions. Take notes as to what went wrong each time, and how it could have been done better.

((Also, I don't know if this has been proposed before, but i'm going to start a project to build a generator with multiple 'slots' to recharge weapons. The idea would be that it remains on-station, to refuel your weapons between missions. That way, it wouldn't be overly expensive, seeing how we can make the generator as big as it's needed to be. If it succeeds, then you would only need to buy a weapon, and maybe 1 spare clip, and you'd be set. And I think we could pool tokens, seeing how it would be a project that benefits everybody. What do you guys think? I'm gonna start working as soon as i'm ready with the mission material, and I'll announce it over the ship 'coms so that you can come help me, if you want. ))

((Excellent idea there, and it probably wouldn't even need to be that powerful of a generator, because missions are so long.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: September 04, 2012, 05:51:15 am »

((Excellent idea there, and it probably wouldn't even need to be that powerful of a generator, because missions are so long.))

((This is why I requested the open info thing, 'cause i believe we'll run into problems regarding generators, capacitators and/or transformers, and if i recall well, there have been projects who have dealt with that sort of stuff before. I'll start designing when next turn comes around.

@ GM: is it possible for this generator to be my 'free prototype', or does that count for weapons and armor only? Alternatively, what do you think the chances are of the AM building this for us, seeing how we'd be taking away some off her revenue.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:26 am »

((I don't think you would get a free prototype, since the generator wouldn't really be an innovative invention that needs testing, more of a money-saving mundane utility.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:27:27 am by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: September 04, 2012, 06:18:01 am »

((Good luck writing that book.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:59 am »

((Good luck writing that book.))

((It's simply so that my character knows about what happened before, not actually expecting gm to write a synopsis for every mission that has passed already.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:47:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: September 04, 2012, 07:00:27 am »

Give Lucas the remote and go to the armory master. Ask if she has hand to hand combat manuals that are useful to read.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 2101