_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937792 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6465 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:23 pm »

Reset to the initial testing conditions. Perform the procedure once more without firing the weapon and then determine what went wrong. Checking the wiring job is the priority at present, and this time utilise a method that is slightly less direct and graft in regulators on the line to the power source to discourage another meltdown. Inquire to the Tinker Program while uploading the procedure as to whether or not more durable wiring would produce a more favourable outcome and how I may acquire some. Afterwards, attempt the procedure undertaken on the hand laser on a simulated laser rifle, which may be able to better withstand the strain on its hardware.

((I do believe we've caught another good tinkerin' man. It'll be neat once you put that together and go on a mission with it. Free prototyping is so useful for live exercises, eh?))
((Definitely. This game is way cool for allowing me to live out my laser-building dreams. :D))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6466 on: September 03, 2012, 07:41:42 pm »

Reset to the initial testing conditions. Perform the procedure once more without firing the weapon and then determine what went wrong. Checking the wiring job is the priority at present, and this time utilise a method that is slightly less direct and graft in regulators on the line to the power source to discourage another meltdown. Inquire to the Tinker Program while uploading the procedure as to whether or not more durable wiring would produce a more favourable outcome and how I may acquire some. Afterwards, attempt the procedure undertaken on the hand laser on a simulated laser rifle, which may be able to better withstand the strain on its hardware.

((I do believe we've caught another good tinkerin' man. It'll be neat once you put that together and go on a mission with it. Free prototyping is so useful for live exercises, eh?))
((Definitely. This game is way cool for allowing me to live out my laser-building dreams. :D))

((Big reason I joined - building cool new stuff in a fairly hard-science environment.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »

(( Hah well if you make your laser remember it can explode and its attached right above your shoulder. And on this game if something can go wrong it probably will at some point and you may lose that arm if it does. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6468 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:13 pm »

(( Hah well if you make your laser remember it can explode and its attached right above your shoulder. And on this game if something can go wrong it probably will at some point and you may lose that arm if it does. ))
((Perfectly aware of that!
I played Paranoia at one point I'll have you know! Except in that one people die so often they need clones. :P))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: September 03, 2012, 08:06:49 pm »

(( Hah ok try not to get blood on my suit when your arm gets blown off :) or im gonna make you clean it with your tongue :P. ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: September 03, 2012, 08:24:29 pm »

(that bonus only applies for actually modifying or repairing, not looking up any hidden features. Also, you can't reroll to look for them again unless something changes, ie you get new information about what you're looking for or something similar)

It looks like there are several people who have logged designs that change something on the Mk series of suits. Most of the schematics appear to be locked though.
((I thought that taking it apart would let me re-roll. Oh well, I'll try again later.))

'Hmm, I really want to see what people have found before. Guess I'll just have to ask everybody. How... archaic.'
Send following to everybody on-board:

Hello fellow inmates, my name is Miyamoto De Bergerac, and I hereby humbly request that everybody opens up their past, present and future tinker projects for public use. Just saying so out loud will suffice, I think. I am doing so officially starting now, and I hope you will too.
Salutations,

Miyamoto De Bergerac

Open up tinker projects for public use.

'Probably best if I keep myself busy while waiting. Steve, could you download any and all info you have on the previous missions to the VR machine? Briefings, debriefings, video-recordings, the works. Thanks '
Ask for above.

((Also, could you guys please answer this message? This way, we won't need to deal with this in the future, probably saving the resident tinkerers some trouble. :) )))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: September 03, 2012, 08:30:05 pm »

((Sorry, but this resident tinkerer who has 5 creations under this character and at least 2 under another, previous character (Though... I think those may have been unlocked, if only on Nikitian's previous character's datapad (And I think only a few of us know where that is)) and am currently on-mission, and even if you were to send it through Steve, Steve can't contact us. Anomaly and all that.

And there's a reason for designs being locked: Steve has mentioned before that if a prototype does a good enough job in a mission, it will become standard and the inventor gets a bonus from it in tokens. I will not be opening my designs to just random people before my stuff is out of prototyping, for the aforementioned reason.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:35:23 pm by PyroDesu »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: September 03, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »

((Sorry, but this resident tinkerer who has 5 creations under this character and at least 2 under another, previous character (Though... I think those may have been unlocked, if only on Nikitian's previous character's datapad (And I think only a few of us know where that is)) and am currently on-mission, and even if you were to send it through Steve, Steve can't contact us. Anomaly and all that.

And there's a reason for designs being locked: Steve has mentioned before that if a prototype does a good enough job in a mission, it will become standard and the inventor gets a bonus from it in tokens. I will not be opening my designs to just random people before my stuff is out of prototyping, for the aforementioned reason.))

((I see why you would want to protect inventions like that, but i do hope you could make them public once the prototype has been approved. Also, I was thinking more in the general modifying area, like certain upgrades to suits and all that, not really the 'patent-able' stuff. For example, the 'Weak Spot Tracker' isn't really something you can patent, I think. So yeah, don't worry, i'm not trying to steal away your hard work  :P  ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: September 03, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »

(( Im sure they'll become public later but once thats done you'd have to buy the part's and make it yourself no free prototype because it will already have been made. ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: September 03, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »

(( Im sure they'll become public later but once thats done you'd have to buy the part's and make it yourself no free prototype because it will already have been made. ))

((Actually, I believe Steve said it would be stocked in the armory, pre-assembled and all.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: September 03, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »

(( Well you'd still have to pay for it my main point was that if its something good it will probably cost you a lot and making little changes to the designs will not get you a free prototype. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6476 on: September 03, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »

It appears, and the Tinker computer backs this up, that the standard power generated by the suit is too high for the hand laser to handle. It looks like you could use a transformer to reduce the power into a more manageable form, or a capacitor bank to store the energy and release it over time. However the hand laser's wiring and laser source appear to be very fragile and not designed to take anything except the specific power output of it's battery. It would be possible to replace this wiring and laser source but doing so would cost more then the hand laser is worth. The Laser rifle appears to be a better fit, still requiring a bit of power conversion, but significantly less.

(( Ah, sure. Thanks for pointing out. Looking forward to using these new ranges :) ))
I'll probably try to get those all done tomorrow, but I won't implement them till after mission 6 ends, so that all the mechanics stay consistent throughout at least that mission.

Save all the modifications then take them to the AM and request that my rifle be upgraded with all 3
You save your modifications to your wristpad and then walk to the armory master. You show her the upgraded schematic and ask her how much it would cost.

"Focusing chambers are a token each, not sure how many you want. Wiring is also a token. And the work to do it all is, oh, I guess another token. So 3 tokens if you just want the 1 chamber."

(that bonus only applies for actually modifying or repairing, not looking up any hidden features. Also, you can't reroll to look for them again unless something changes, ie you get new information about what you're looking for or something similar)

It looks like there are several people who have logged designs that change something on the Mk series of suits. Most of the schematics appear to be locked though.
((I thought that taking it apart would let me re-roll. Oh well, I'll try again later.))

'Hmm, I really want to see what people have found before. Guess I'll just have to ask everybody. How... archaic.'
Send following to everybody on-board:

Hello fellow inmates, my name is Miyamoto De Bergerac, and I hereby humbly request that everybody opens up their past, present and future tinker projects for public use. Just saying so out loud will suffice, I think. I am doing so officially starting now, and I hope you will too.
Salutations,

Miyamoto De Bergerac

Open up tinker projects for public use.

'Probably best if I keep myself busy while waiting. Steve, could you download any and all info you have on the previous missions to the VR machine? Briefings, debriefings, video-recordings, the works. Thanks '
Ask for above.

((Also, could you guys please answer this message? This way, we won't need to deal with this in the future, probably saving the resident tinkerers some trouble. :) )))

>Already on there.

As per the open modifications on the MK suits, I'm not really sure which are open. Milno never said his were, and his are the only ones that spring to mind as being specifically suit upgrades.

Also you guys are getting 1 prototype per character paid for. At least until you prove that your current one works. Otherwise you'd all be getting free superguns like the one E is currently idling with.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: September 03, 2012, 11:38:04 pm »

"Thank you ill decide a bit later"
Returns to the VR machine and bringing up the tinker program begins working on a fully automated and portable sentry turret

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:11 pm »

Get a bag of ice and put one of the fingers in it, throwing the rest away, then put the finger on ice in my locker or whatever storage unit I have.
Then head over to VR, load up the Claws of Life system in Tinker, and review my current progress.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6479 on: September 03, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »

Perform the documented procedure, replacing the laser rifle as the chief component. Then install a subsidiary capacitor of the suit's reactor that regulates the amount of energy utilised when the laser is fired to manageable levels, and connect the completed system to it. Subsequently perform efficiency tests on a simulated target. Afterwards, draw up a program that will allow you to designate targets for the laser to track and fire upon for a specified duration via the Atmosphere Suit's HUD. Test the system for bugs and efficiency. Determine the amount of charge the weapon will now have following modification. Determine the cost of the required components.

((Can I return the hand laser for a refund on the token?))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:04:12 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 2101