_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937315 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6420 on: September 02, 2012, 03:29:30 pm »

Find out if I can use my magic for extrasensory perception (see things through walls, sense people's movements without line of sight and so on).

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6421 on: September 02, 2012, 03:34:20 pm »

((Looks like Radio shouldn't be biting Jim's arms or anything, because not only will it piss Jim off, it'll glue him to the pissed-off Jim.

Or anyone who gets synthflesh, for that matter.

Also, brilliant new idea for armor stuff, it's not protection, but it is interesting. Triphenylphosphinbis(pyridine)thiocyantocopper(II) layering on the outside of the armor, it'll produce a bright blue flash when it gets hit. Whether said flash would actually be useful, I dunno, but hey, who knows? Could end up with your armor acting like a flashbang sans bang when it gets hit.

Oh, and Nyars sounds good for random artifact man.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:38:41 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: September 02, 2012, 03:39:59 pm »

check systems

"They have no idea who they are messing with!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: September 02, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »

(( Mission 7 is gonna be really interesting lol were gonna have 10 rookie's and no veterans :D. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6424 on: September 02, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

"Hey new guy, are you done with that hand?"
Havel shook his head, pushing the strange man gently out his way and stepping into the barracks. He eyes his surroundings warily and moves towards his locker, retrieving his Mk. 1 and donning it, then he pockets the tokens and heads off, looking for the armoury.

((Am I issued standard equipment or cash or anything of that sort to the end of requisitioning supplies? I'd very much like to be armed in the eventuality that someone tries to eat my hands. And yes..ahem..stasis dementia..*EMBARRASSED*))

EDIT: ((Actions altered accordingly))

(don't worry about it, I don't expect every new player to read the entire thread before signing up, and you wouldn't know about where you spawn unless you did. Welcome, by the way.)

You walk to the Hanger and retrieve your MK I suit. You slip it on and lock the helmet in place before heading to the armory. When you get there you find a man  yelling at the lady behind the desk. The lady looks kind of annoyed. She notices you walk in and and motions for you to come to the window.

Shouts angrily at the AM "Come out here right now and fight me you coward or ill kill us all."
Goes to the nearest airlock and attempts to access its controls if the AM refuses to come out
You continue shouting at the armory master when you notice her looking over your shoulder. You turn around and another man has walked into the room. The armory master is motioning for him to come over.

((I have only one question, what does the name mean?))
Ahh sorry missed that.

Well,it's a few things. It's related to a quote from Eisenstein about how the only way to consistently win at roulette is to steal money when the dealer isn't looking, ie lateral thinking which I like to think this game requires, and that the only way to beat the system is to do it deviously and in unexpected ways. It's also related to the Eisensteinian concept of time dilation, which is in full effect for the prisoners, and Russian Roulette, another very fatal game with few winners.

You have an MK I suit in your locker and 5 tokens to purchase equipment from the AM but i wouldnt waste ammo on the ship you might need it.
((Whats there to shoot aboard the ship anyhow? :))))
The VR machines will let you shoot pretty much anything you want in your free time. Or you can just murder your teammates for giggles.

((I do indeed vote Nyars for his real name, but I meant as a profession name, like the Armory Master, or the Doctor.

You have an MK I suit in your locker and 5 tokens to purchase equipment from the AM but i wouldnt waste ammo on the ship you might need it.
((Whats there to shoot aboard the ship anyhow? :))))
Eachother))
Junkseller? Merchant? Gambler? I am open to suggestion. Or really, I guess you can call him whatever you want and something should take hold eventually.

Find out if I can use my magic for extrasensory perception (see things through walls, sense people's movements without line of sight and so on).
You want to try a specific action? Such as going behind a wall and trying to see someone specific or the like?

check systems

"They have no idea who they are messing with!"
The system check runs for a few more seconds before reaching 100%  The cockpit vanishes as you suddenly begin seeing through the Avatar's eyes, your body running on life support inside the machine's chest. The rail system drops the cargo in front of you and then slides you into place above the open bay doors.

"Systems ready?" A voice asks over the radio.

(( Mission 7 is gonna be really interesting lol were gonna have 10 rookie's and no veterans :D. ))
This is the current roster of guaranteed spots on the 7th mission. The few open spots will either be filled by the winners of the drawing or any more newbies we get.

Jack (tavik)
Karen (Taricus)
Roger (draxis)
Timmy (harry)
Miaymoto (radio)
Cloud (Mensor)
Havel (Guninanrunin)

Ok, so here's what I've been thinking of as a new range system. Firstly, here are the actual ranges

0-3 meters: Melee range
4-20 meters: Short close range
21-40 meters: Mid close range
41-70 meters: far close range
71-120 meters :close mid range
121-160 meters: mid range
161-199 meters: far mid range
200-700 meters: short long range
701-1200 meters: long range
1201-1600 meters: far long range
1601-onwards: extreme long range

I tried to make them actually in line with a more realistic take on weapons. Did you know that AK-47's have a range between 200-300 meters? Because I didn't.

Anyways, here's how the new system world work. Guns would have 2 measurements in terms of range: Optimal range and effective range. At it's optimal range a gun would get +1, and +0 anywhere in it's effective range. Ranges above and below the effective range would begin incurring penalties, -1 for the first, -2 for the second,-3 for the third and so on.

So say I have a pistol that the effective range is between  short close and mid close range, with short close being it's optimal range. That means that anywhere within 40 meters will be +0 while anywhere in 20 will be +1. At 41 meters to 70 it will be -1, and so on. If you have a sniper rifle with it's effective range between far close and far mid, with optimal at short mid, that means that mid close will be -1, as will short long.

What do you guys think?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:48 pm »

Turns round and bellowing angrily charges into the new guy and lunges for hes throat

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: September 02, 2012, 05:02:00 pm »

((How would scopes effect that? I assume you would still have the option to not look through the scope though, of course.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: September 02, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

Ranges look good. Can't wait to get my hands on a proper firearm to test them more than once XD
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: September 02, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »

(( Wow! Now that's the depth :P
Well, the ranges seem to be mostly good, with the only question about the medium group. Maybe the range spans in that group should be a bit expanded (shifting/compressing the long range group along the way, I suppose)? Or, say, could you give examples of effective and optimal ranges for laser and gauss rifles for a comparison?
Asking mainly because of the current short long range - are they supposed to cover it, or not? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: September 02, 2012, 05:29:55 pm »

'Awesome. I suuuure do hope someone tries to strangle me, 'cause then it's wrist-munching time.
But yeah, I'd better go buy me something from the armory, I bet I can't take on all the horrors down there with just this bad boy.'

Go to armory. If I see mesor still acting up to the AM: 'Hey Steve, can I have his stuff if he bites the bullet here?'
If not, tell AM: 'Hey there, i'd like to buy a Microwave Field Manipulator.'

If she asks about the jaw, just say: 'The Doc happened.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: September 02, 2012, 05:45:13 pm »

((Yeah... that will make things exceedingly complex, and do a bit of turning this into a numbers game. Personally, I prefer the simple system. We can infer what range is what, I believe, and ask if we're unsure.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:49:36 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6431 on: September 02, 2012, 05:50:07 pm »

Grimaces and drops to a ready stance, then lunges forward and grabs the stranger in a front head lock with his right arm and tightens the grip in order to crush his neck and throat. Subsequently brings his left elbow down directly on his upper back in an attempt to damage his ribs and spine.

To the AM: Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:44:26 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: September 02, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »

((In my personal, raw opinion, I prefer the old system of firing. This game doesn't have any 'defined distances', it fits more to general descriptions. I foresee a problem trying to decide what distance a character actually is from any given object, and it might become a headache (both for you and the players)

I'd prefer adding a "Far" range that only a few weapons can fire at, such as the Lesho Rifle))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:27:49 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: September 02, 2012, 06:41:30 pm »

((Oh wow, happy semibirthday, ER! It's truly a masterpiece.

Thanks for running it, piecewise. It's pretty obvious from the speed and quality that it's a project you care about.

Also, people keep joining the forums just to play it. That's a pretty good sign. :P

Anyway, a kitchen sounds good, and my vote goes for Nyars the Gamblin' Man. Gambler is fine for a shorter, slightly more serious title. Any euphemism for an illicit supplier of goods and/or services (like "Guy," as in "I know a guy") could also work.

Bit concerned about those ranges, since they're not very intuitive, and I'm not sure using hard numbers is wise. With a looser system I'd think it'd be easier to tell if something's within a given range, whereas now we might have to worry about whether something's 60 or 65 meters away.

That said, I suppose having hard numbers does have its advantages, and I'm guessing the system's fairly easy to track once you get the hang of it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6434 on: September 02, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »

((Yeah... that will make things exceedingly complex, and do a bit of turning this into a numbers game. Personally, I prefer the simple system. We can infer what range is what, I believe, and ask if we're unsure.))

Yeah thats the real problem. Some people want everything nice and quantized while other people don't like that. I'd prefer less numbers myself but the big problem is that the weapons have such variable distances that asigning a single short, medium or long value would end up with either very short range sniper rifles or pistols you can hit someone with from a million miles away.

I'm not really sure what to do when it comes to making the ranges make sense in the real world yet not making everything number heavy. I'm tempted to just do away with the bonuses all together but that would make even less sense. It's a pickle.

((How would scopes effect that? I assume you would still have the option to not look through the scope though, of course.))
Well, if we end up using this system, it would basically shift the effective range and optimal range up one.

Turns round and bellowing angrily charges into the new guy and lunges for hes throat
Grimaces and drops to a ready stance, then lunges forward and grabs the stranger in a front head lock with his right arm, and subsequently bringing his left elbow down on his directly on his his upper back in an attempt to damage his ribs and spine.

To the AM: Sorry.
Cloud and Havel move to attack one another but never get more then a few feet before something catch's Cloud and rips him up straight into the air.  He starts to yell something before suddenly going still and falling to the ground in a heap. The armory master presses a button on the wall and then looks over to Havel.

"It's all right, I was just gonna tell you that he might try to attack you."

'Awesome. I suuuure do hope someone tries to strangle me, 'cause then it's wrist-munching time.
But yeah, I'd better go buy me something from the armory, I bet I can't take on all the horrors down there with just this bad boy.'

Go to armory. If I see mesor still acting up to the AM: 'Hey Steve, can I have his stuff if he bites the bullet here?'
If not, tell AM: 'Hey there, i'd like to buy a Microwave Field Manipulator.'

If she asks about the jaw, just say: 'The Doc happened.'

You walk into the armory and find Cloud laying, ostensibly dead, on the floor.

"Can I have his stuff?"

>Go for it.

Alright, so we're gonna go for a looser system. I just have to figure out how to make it make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 2101