_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936651 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6390 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:33 am »

((Good luck beating her behind that glass. Also, I don't think she does the whole medical thing.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6391 on: September 02, 2012, 06:00:09 am »

Well people, it was roughly 6 months ago, on april fools of all days, that I Copy pasted the rules this cobbled together RTD out of a text folder marked "space thing about rolling to die"  and onto these forums with the hope that I'd get at least a few players. Now we've reached the top of the hall of fame, we're rolling with something like 20 or more regular players, with more coming all the time, and we've still got a long way to go.

Thank you to all my players, insanely active to mostly comatose, for all the time you've spent here. Your willingness to roleplay, your desire to develop your characters and explore these rather poorly explained and ill defined worlds of mine, and your patience with my occasional ineptitude in running all this has been what made this game great, more then anything I could ever do.

I don't know what I could do for you all to mark this occasion, I don't really just want to start handing out gifts, but if you guys have any suggestions for the game, any questions about the mechanics, inspirations, conception, etc, or really anything to say, let me know. After all, without all of you I'd just be sitting here, typing snarky messages to myself.

((I think you're doing great. I know i've only just started, and have no experience with rtd's before this one whatsoever, but I can tell you for sure that I haven't had this much fun with a game of any kind in a long, long time. Major kudos to you. Only addition I could think of would be some event of sorts that happens on the ship, like that time Steve went offline. To entertain people not on mission, and give them a chance at horrible death too  ;)  ))

'Hmm, I wonder how strong this bad boy is. Let's try and find out'

Go to VR, select dual, and pull up a wooden bar, steel bar, human arm, synthflesh arm, and a plate of MK.III armor, and attempt to bite through them, one by one. After each test, reset jaw with no damage, and observe how easy/hard it is to bite through. Also try to see if there are any limitations or drawbacks to the jaws.

((Also, if mesor dies, who will we get extra for the mission? A vet, or another rookie? ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6392 on: September 02, 2012, 06:05:11 am »

((Well, mesor did mention that he had his next character all planned out. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that he'll just submit another character sheet immediately and still go on the mission.
EDIT: I wonder if Miyamoto's brain is still inside his head. If so, his chances of continued survival have increased quite a bit.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:02:36 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: September 02, 2012, 06:06:27 am »

((MKIII's have the same armor as MKI's. In other words, it's pretty much tissue paper and can even be ruptured by bullets.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: September 02, 2012, 07:17:12 am »

((MKIII's have the same armor as MKI's. In other words, it's pretty much tissue paper and can even be ruptured by bullets.))
((Correction, the MkIIIs have the exoskeleton over them too, which is the reason the bolo gun took longer to cut through them than the MkI. The "exo" doesn't help much against concentrated fire, but it can help avoid things like pressure in big areas.

@GM: You're doing great, I think it is hard for this to get any better. And I still remember the time when I joined. I was at my workplace at the time, read through the OP and decided to give it a try, since it looked interesting. I don't regret it a bit. :P))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6395 on: September 02, 2012, 07:47:10 am »

The door pad warmed and the hatch clicked. In you go Havel.

The large man stepped forward and walked through the portal, his steely gaze swept the corridor methodically, pausing occasionally as if searching for something.
Look at me for a moment would you?

Havel turned and the Guardsman spoke.
Try not to get yourself into too much trouble hey? He said softly. The corner of his mouth twitched pleadingly.
You're all I've got. He paused and averted his eyes, hesitating for a moment, then haltingly. Look, we're brothers, so just do me this one favour and keep safe this time alright?

Havel stared. The Guardsman sighed, palming the lock and removing the bands from his captive's wrists. He stepped backwards through the portal, eyes still down.
Please. The door eased shut, and Havel watched as the shuttle broke away from the docking band and drifted off into the dark, engines flaring.

The dream faded away and Havel awoke aboard the Mothership. He blinked once and strode out of the stasis pod, the image of the Guardsman still burned brightly in his mind's eye. Brothers..
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:21:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: September 02, 2012, 08:13:51 am »

((@piecewise Thank you for running this game! Well, I guess, that's it in a nutshell.
Spoiler: In long (click to show/hide)

As for suggestions/questions, I don't have many, and those are mostly side notes. Nothing major or really worth asking for.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for ship events, I think there are some already planned, and they can really turn not so well for characters whose players are absent at the time. Though if a solution came somehow, I think the concept would be rather cool.
Now that I think of it - maybe an open-space mission? Then again, probably already planned.
...It is indeed hard to think of something to make this game even more fun/Fun than it already is or planned to be. ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:05 am »

(( Yup my next char is all set i was just waiting for permission from Piece to make sure i could add a new character and since ive got that i decided to keep going. Im bleeding out which means rational thought is kinda hard plus the only place i can go for medical supply's now is the armory. Ive kept completely in character and will probably get killed soon preferably in s brutal and very bloody way. ))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:58 am »

(Six months!  Happy half-birthday!  How you keep this beast running so smoothly is beyond me.)

"Hey new guy, are you done with that hand?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:46 am »

((This game is so amazing Piecewise. I doubt you want to here my giant soap-boxd about how great it is, so I'll go ahead and simply say this universe is better than the Warhammer Universe. Eeyup.

Also, I'm glad Tiruin brought up the kitchen. I think it would be cool to have a kitchen. It would be semi-trivial, since you couldn't build or create anything that helpful, but on the other hand, FUCKING BACON & CUPCAKES.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:09 am »

FUCKING BACON & CUPCAKES.))
(Just make sure to do that away from where the rest of us are eating...)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: September 02, 2012, 10:09:28 am »

Oh, and can I throw a pecan pie for Jim just because?

(...Why a pecan pie? I mean it's all right but I prefer apple, strawberry, or turtle pie. Fuck. Now I want some turtle pie and I don't have any. >.< Thanks for the thought anyway though. ^^^)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:11:01 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: September 02, 2012, 10:09:50 am »

(( Haha yup a kitchen would be good. Expanding on that people could say make a special cake or make strips of dried meat and such to then take on assignments that provide a single turn bonus to a stat. Like sandwiches or dried meat that kind of thing would give a +1 to strength rolls because they give your body the energy it needs for a prolonged duration. Sweet things like sugar cakes would give a +1 to dexterity because they give you a very quick but also short lasting boost.
Or since missions could potentially take some time you could give a penalty to a stat if people do not eat or drink for a prolonged period.
))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:03:23 am by mesor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: September 02, 2012, 10:20:37 am »

((Also, I'm glad Tiruin brought up the kitchen. I think it would be cool to have a kitchen. It would be semi-trivial, since you couldn't build or create anything that helpful, but on the other hand, FUCKING BACON & CUPCAKES.))
((You go to the kitchen.
[Handiwork:1]
You make some tasty-looking bacon and cupcakes. Not being able to hold in your hunger, you immediately dig in. As soon as you sink your teeth in, the cupcake begins screaming. As do you. You jump backwards, dropping your creation. When you get your bearings, you notice that the bacon has gone missing in the chaos. Wonder where it could be.
[dex:1]
[bacon dex:5]
[bacon str:6+2]
[end:1]))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:25:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »

((It's well thought out, and just the right amount of restrictive and challenge to make you think, but enough leeway to keep it from being "You roll 1, you auto-die". The perma-death, temp-death with the med-bay is also very, very awesome. So yeah, it's really good. But the gambling guy still needs a title.))
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 2101