_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937684 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6345 on: September 01, 2012, 09:29:51 pm »

((My first character was incinerated in the heart of a miniature star he created by accident when he tried to use his manipulator in a way that it was not designed to be used.

I'll say you can make a new one.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: September 01, 2012, 09:31:18 pm »

(( Hmmm i did think of one that would of been much more fun yesterday but i dont think its actually realistic. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: September 01, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »

((Dude, you would have to go through each mission near perfectly. Have you seen what happens when you mess up in this game? Miniature star is just one example. Alien possession, loss of limbs, all from one roll and one bad choice.

If you make a new character though, I don't reccomend your suicidal rebel personality again.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: September 01, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »

(( Haha dont worry it will have the rebel personality still but not to such an extreme degree. That bit is hardwired into me on every game i have ever played if there is an option to be a rebel or renegade ( See mass effect ) i take it straight away.

My idea was to join as an experimental robot with multiple AI inside it giving it multiple personality's all fighting for control over the body.
But i really doubt that would be allowed. ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: September 01, 2012, 09:35:31 pm »

((Playing for the sake of dying is never a good idea, IMO. Doesn't do good for games, especially for forum-based ones as it increases the posts needed to catch up and also interrupts practicality. This all makes sense for Mr. Strife in context, but the reasoning is...particularly flawed.

Just making characters without learning any benefits sounds like a waste of time. Unsure here if you're goals have failed or you're going on back-up plans, but that character is as good as dead with that.

Better go out in style -- not with any friendly casualties. Know that this game deals with heavy realism. You won't go out in that kind of style rolling 5s... Thus the whole fun of this game comes from such.

Request: Read the whole thing. You can Roleplay it instead. :P))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: September 01, 2012, 09:37:40 pm »

(( I didnt play for the sake of dieing i just generally like to play characters that kind of hang on the edge but this is the first time ive played one that was realistic ish. The others have all been the kind of game where you get your leg blown off and hop down the street perfectly fine. Im gonna make my new character a lot more realistic then this one was is there any kind of character that there's a specific lack of? ))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: September 01, 2012, 09:41:05 pm »

(Can we have a third thread for OOC discussion?  It's getting a little ridiculous in here.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: September 01, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »

(( I didnt play for the sake of dieing i just generally like to play characters that kind of hang on the edge but this is the first time ive played one that was realistic ish. The others have all been the kind of game where you get your leg blown off and hop down the street perfectly fine. Im gonna make my new character a lot more realistic then this one was is there any kind of character that there's a specific lack of? ))
(("Competent ones." :P

More seriously, it depends on how you define "kind," as in skills or personality or what. I'm also completely ignorant of what the, what, seven or eight newbies are like, so I could really only tell you about the veterans. Though on that note, a lot of people get a better grasp on their characters on their first mission than they do when they're freshly-made, so we might see some interesting choices there.

Also, I am curious if/what conditions the Doctor would rescind his blockade under. I disagree that your current character is already dead on most factors, but if the medical wing won't treat him he's going to die pretty soon pretty much guaranteed; there's just no way to get through these things without occasionally losing a hand or taking a chest wound or something.))

(Can we have a third thread for OOC discussion?  It's getting a little ridiculous in here.)
((Think we've had this discussion before, and I stand by my statement that if you need a third thread, you're probably going to end up with a fourth and fifth.

Besides, it's pretty much silent otherwise. Nobody's really tinkering or VRing much recently.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: September 01, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »

(("Competent ones." :P

More seriously, it depends on how you define "kind," as in skills or personality or what. I'm also completely ignorant of what the, what, seven or eight newbies are like, so I could really only tell you about the veterans. Though on that note, a lot of people get a better grasp on their characters on their first mission than they do when they're freshly-made, so we might see some interesting choices there.

Also, I am curious if/what conditions the Doctor would rescind his blockade under. I disagree that your current character is already dead on most factors, but if the medical wing won't treat him he's going to die pretty soon pretty much guaranteed; there's just no way to get through these things without occasionally losing a hand or taking a chest wound or something.))

((Think we've had this discussion before, and I stand by my statement that if you need a third thread, you're probably going to end up with a fourth and fifth.

Besides, it's pretty much silent otherwise. Nobody's really tinkering or VRing much recently.))

((Definitely, except that I don't think Herr Doktor will be letting him in again, period. Nor any of Herr Doktor's staff, for that matter.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: September 01, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »

(( I think this one kinda is for off topic. By kind i meant a specific skill set that is missing or that there is very few of. Im gonna wait for the GM to decide if im allowed a new character or not then ill work out what im going to do next. ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:15 pm »

(( I think this one kinda is for off topic. By kind i meant a specific skill set that is missing or that there is very few of. Im gonna wait for the GM to decide if im allowed a new character or not then ill work out what im going to do next. ))
((What? Where do skill sets come into this?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »

((He'll allow anyone a new character, I'm sure. Anyone, of course, includes you. But don't take that as carte blanche to go suicidal with this one, you are expected to act in-character, going suicidal now would be Metagaming, which is most frowned upon.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: September 01, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »

(( If im allowed to make a new character i want one that will be useful to the group. And the one ive got now there's already a lot of others that are similar to it so if there's a gap in the group ill make the new character to fill that gap plus that way it'll be one thats different from any of the character style's id normally pick.

I dont really need to Meta game if i stay in character how much longer do you think he's going to last lol? Ive already annoyed Steve got myself exiled from the med bay and annoyed several of the character's far stronger then me.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:52 pm »

(( If im allowed to make a new character i want one that will be useful to the group. And the one ive got now there's already a lot of others that are similar to it so if there's a gap in the group ill make the new character to fill that gap plus that way it'll be one thats different from any of the character style's id normally pick.

I dont really need to Meta game if i stay in character how much longer do you think he's going to last lol? Ive already annoyed Steve got myself exiled from the med bay and annoyed several of the character's far stronger then me.))
((Well... We don't really have a full-on tank character. If Thomas goes down, that's my plan, but I would prefer to continue using him, of course.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: September 01, 2012, 10:08:19 pm »

((Actually, you've dug yourself into a hole there, as your character, from what I've seen so far, doesn't care about all of that. So, yes, it would be metagaming to just go suicidal...

Well, suicidal as in, you just start actively trying to kill yourself, not suicidal like you've been doing.))
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 2101