_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937561 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6330 on: September 01, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »

Smiles and puts the stand down  " Nope i was curious to see how far my reaction speed had increased and also wondered how good you are in a fight. Revenge is for being ruled by there emotions i myself am more evolved then that and am ruled by logic and logic dictated that as the one to give me the improvements you would be the best one to test them against to get a baseline for how effective they have been. "
Holds hand out to the doctor to shake "I considered asking you to sever my nervous system entirely to remove any feeling of pain but i realized if i did you'd probably just leave me in an even worse condition. So i may ask one of the inmates with a medical back ground to do it or alternatively ill simply use the VR machine to analyze my nervous system and then simulate every pain killers effect until i find the one that works unless of course you would care to tell me which one it is. "

(( Btw what increases did i actually get from the surgery besides the pain thing?
I know my reactions are faster so does that mean i get a dexterity bonus?
And did i gain any other bonuses from it?
Also nice one id considered quite a few side effects but i over looked that one it should make things interesting until i find a way to counter it. )).

(You'll get a bonus to dex once the pain killers in your system run out. Plus other things.)

The doctor looks at your outstretched hand, tilting his head to the side and seeming quite bemused.

"You try to murder me with an IV stand and now you try to shake my hand?"

He moves in a blur, an indistinguishable flicker white and glint of metal, and then he's holding your hand, severed at the wrist. You don't feel a thing, even though you're bleeding profusely. He takes a step forward and shoves the severed appendage into your remaining hand.

"From this point on you'll find this infirmary quite unwilling to treat you. Good luck out there."

He pats you hard on the shoulder and walks away.

"I considered asking you to sever my nervous system entirely to remove any feeling of pain[...] "
((Allow me to explain this, but remember that your character does not know this.[/i

I believe our resident medical practitioner may be a bit excited. I had hoped/assumed he was simply talking about wanting to induce an artificial Cipa, which is a whole new world of danger in and of itself, but isn't as bad as "Sever nervous system" which is basically asking to have your head cut off.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:10 pm »

Looks down at the stump then goes down to the rec room and asks absently "Would anybody care to attach this back on?" Holds up my hand "Or perhaps make a mechanical hand?"

(( On a side note shouldnt there be a dexterity roll to decide whether he's attack lands or i evade it? It's a little unfair isnt it if i have to roll to attack him but he can attack me freely ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: September 01, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »

((BWAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Ahem. You fucked up Mesor. Badly.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: September 01, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »

(( Pft im alive aint i? Which is more then i was expecting lol and also dam if i hadnt been under pain killers that would of been a tie and i might have knocked the sod out ill have to get back to him later and even things out a bit. See how he likes performing surgery with 1 hand. But ive got a few other plans for now.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: September 01, 2012, 08:17:14 pm »

((Sorry, was just pointing out the benefits of a nervous system. I'm bad at snarking...))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21:38 pm »

(( Haha its cool mate :) i already knew it was best to avoid that unless its the only possible way to save my life.
Plan A is to design a signal that dampens my pain receptors that i can run through my suit when and if i need it.
Plan B is to find out which pain killer still works.
I havnt worked out the next one yet but severing it is something like plan Z. ))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:39:11 pm by mesor »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: September 01, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »

((Mesor, I can only hope that the next mission is a hot drop, because if (when) you get hit, or even come near getting hit, you will likely die just from the pain. It would be so much of a shock to your nervous system that it will simply shut down, and for you, now, any death is a permadeath, because the only thing that will revive dead people with their brains intact? The medical bay, which you are now barred from.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: September 01, 2012, 09:09:51 pm »

((At this point I think mesor's best bet is to hire another inmate to transfer his brain to a robot body. I suppose theoretically someone with a good understanding of gene modification might be able to reverse engineer what the doctor did to the point of figuring out a painkiller that works, but that sounds extremely unlikely. ))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: September 01, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

(( Haha its possible ive got 1 or 2 idea's at the moment but i did not expect to survive anyway ive done hundreds of these game's and ive never lasted past 3 missions. I always get myself killed because i refuse to play normal and boring. )).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: September 01, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »

((Just a note: Normal and boring =/= Survival. I'll leave to let the analogy sink in.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: September 01, 2012, 09:19:51 pm »

(( Its a game i think ill be ok if i die. And anyway im not dead yet ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: September 01, 2012, 09:23:10 pm »

(( On a side note shouldnt there be a dexterity roll to decide whether he's attack lands or i evade it? It's a little unfair isnt it if i have to roll to attack him but he can attack me freely ))
((I'm thinking he was just so far above you that his rolls weren't necessary/shown. As a potentially similar example, on the mission Faith, who's noodle-armed and weak, had to make two strength rolls to successfully climb a rope. When several people got to the top and began hauling people up, each had to make only a single Str roll. When more than two people joined in, they just auto-succeeded.

In this case, it's likely his stats are so high, or that he's got other abilities affecting the situation, that there's literally no way he could miss you. PW also sometimes omits rolls when you fail them.

This does, of course, raise the interesting question of why he had to roll to dodge you, then. I really don't believe that he has no bonuses to getting out of the way, so the notion that he was using a decompensator to turn whatever he did roll into a regular 5 sounds plausible.

Also, I dunno if you're just thinking big or what, but you seem to have a pretty persistent strength estimation problem. As a newbie with just starting stats, most of the veteran players here could wipe the floor with you; threatening or attempting to bribe them would be pretty useless. Doing so to Steve or the ship's resident mad scientist like you have been is basically just volunteering for malicious entertainment duty, as you've seen with the Doc.))

((Bit boring to just kinda windshield yourself, though, don't you think?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:52 pm »

((Dude, I'm with Irony. First, you have to survive a good deal of missions to reach Armory Master or Doctor tier, then you have to create gear that neither of them could predict. Right now, you haven't gone through a single mission. Thomas, my character could beat Cloud, and his most persistent trait is getting horribly maimed.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: September 01, 2012, 09:26:35 pm »

((I'm thinking he was just so far above you that his rolls weren't necessary/shown. As a potentially similar example, on the mission Faith, who's noodle-armed and weak, had to make two strength rolls to successfully climb a rope. When several people got to the top and began hauling people up, each had to make only a single Str roll. When more than two people joined in, they just auto-succeeded.

In this case, it's likely his stats are so high, or that he's got other abilities affecting the situation, that there's literally no way he could miss you. PW also sometimes omits rolls when you fail them.

This does, of course, raise the interesting question of why he had to roll to dodge you, then. I really don't believe that he has no bonuses to getting out of the way, so the notion that he was using a decompensator to turn whatever he did roll into a regular 5 sounds plausible.

Also, I dunno if you're just thinking big or what, but you seem to have a pretty persistent strength estimation problem. As a newbie with just starting stats, most of the veteran players here could wipe the floor with you; threatening or attempting to bribe them would be pretty useless. Doing so to Steve or the ship's resident mad scientist like you have been is basically just volunteering for malicious entertainment duty, as you've seen with the Doc.))

((Bit boring to just kinda windshield yourself, though, don't you think?))

((I must agree, what you've done is effectively killed this character already. You've lost backup by alienating team members, which will spread like wildfire if anyone asks the right questions, you've gotten yourself a major disability, and you've gotten yourself kicked out of Medbay, permanently.

Were I you, I would start thinking up a new character. And, please, don't just carbon-copy this one.

I've only had about 1 actual combat roll with this character, and I could still likely beat yours, especially since all I'd need to do is...

Well, how would you like to burn to death in agony, or would you like to be mercifully knocked out by the pain of your flesh being slowly cut through? Both would spell death for you.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:28:40 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: September 01, 2012, 09:28:26 pm »

(( I dont intend to die just yet i just wanted to give myself a nice challenge and see if i can over come it or not.
In 1 of my old game's i was surrounded by several tanks and an attack chopper had 4 bullet wounds 1 missing hand and no weapon and then rolled 4 5's in a row and wiped them all out lol. I dont know who was more shocked me or the guy running it. Miracle's can happen and i aint giving up just yet.

hah well i wanted to have some fun :) im gonna mellow it a bit now and focus on finding ways to improve my odds of survival.

Am i allowed to make a new character?

The tech genius seemed like a fun idea at the time but ive done it so many time's its not as much fun as i expected.))
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 2101