_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938200 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6225 on: August 31, 2012, 10:52:56 am »

((@Harry Baldman Well, it would be in-character for Timmy to start practicing and studying his 'magic' thoroughly and at some point that may bring him to science as well. Just mentioning that for your convenience. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: August 31, 2012, 11:10:45 am »

((You keep talking about AI and tech and forget the real question: Is Timmy going to test what he learned from with the television guy's magic wand on the women of the ship?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: August 31, 2012, 11:11:49 am »

((3.5 terabytes isn't really all that much in memory terms, particularly with futuristic tech like we're dealing with here. But still, the "speed of thought" is slower than the speed of sound. This will not do. And it could conceivably be improved by improving the nerve structure somehow through genetic treatments. Perhaps make it more similar to electrical wiring.))

((Yeah, it's not the best, but it is fairly efficient. 20 watts is enough to power a very dim lightbulb. You can't even run a regular computer on anything near 20 watts.

And while neurons may have a slower transmission speed,they're working in tandem to transmit massive amounts of information, the optic nerve, for example.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:14:05 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

((You keep talking about AI and tech and forget the real question: Is Timmy going to test what he learned from with the television guy's magic wand on the women of the ship?))
((Why only on the women? Everyone should get a taste of Timmy's magic!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: August 31, 2012, 11:24:24 am »

((Why only on the women? Everyone should get a taste of Timmy's magic!))
((Oh ok, I was about to comment it was a bad idea since he'd die pretty soon if he tried that. And he may end up with his magic wand shoved somewhere in his own body. :P

True story. Taricus' scot for example.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6230 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:06 am »

Observing the antics in the rec room has Brother Lars realize that his preaching appears to be rusty.

Practice preaching to the crowd, going over the central tenets of the Gazer*.

*Personal introspection, observing the world around you, self-knowledge, and doing as divinely commanded for the main ones.
[speech:6]
"HEY ASSHOLES! YOU BETTER LISTEN TO THE GAZER AND BE ALL INTROSPECTIVE AND SHIT OR I AM GONNA EMBED MY FOOT SO FAR INTO YOUR COLON THAT YOU'RE GONNA BE VOMITING DIVINE HAPPINESS!"

((Also, something from the OP drew my eye:

>Combat oriented

We've had, what, one mission that was truly combat oriented?  And CERTAIN PEOPLE decided that blowing up a dam and flooding millions of innocents was the solution when violence was needed?  [I'd say the first one was only tangentially combat oriented.] ))
Yeah, combat oriented may not be the right word or phrase. I'm not sure of a better one though.

Head to the rec room, find an unused computer and search for information on medical decompensators.

(What's the search engine of choice in the future?  Googleplex?)
Computer or VR machine? Because the computer connects to the civilian net, which might not have as much information as you want.

Zero-g gardening? Sounds fun!
Watch zero-g gardening. Pick up handy space-gardening tips.
Hmm the important parts seem to be a large supply or reaction mass and a manure resistant suit.

Examine body, especially mouth and jaws, in great detail.
'Hey doc, what exactly did you do?'
Your legs look fine, so do your hands and arms, and stomach and chest and..oh dear. Your head is cold and metallic. You run you tongue across your teeth and it makes a clinking sound. You carefully run your fingers over your face and mouth and find that your entire head is now mechanical, including a massive, bear trap of a jaw.

Go talk with mesk.

You walk over to Mesk and poke him a few times.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »

Well, I have half of the requirements. Too bad I can't be bothered to take care of another living being.
Change the channel to something with giant man-eating (or otherwise dangerous) plants or fungi in it. Delight in the glory of fatal plant and fungal life.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:08:33 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: August 31, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

"What you doing?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: August 31, 2012, 12:39:55 pm »

Let's check the computer first.
"What do you want?  I'm doing research.  For medical stuff.  Hey, just for future reference, how many ribs do you have?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: August 31, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »

"8, lost the rest same time I lost half my face."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: August 31, 2012, 01:00:35 pm »

(( Awww mine didnt get updated ill repost it. )) Brings up my suits coding and operating system and look for ways to make it as efficient as possible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: August 31, 2012, 01:03:37 pm »

"Eight, huh?  Fascinating..."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: August 31, 2012, 01:52:12 pm »

((You missed my question to the armory master and steve.))

"Ahh, fuck it."

Bishop waved his hands in disgust at the machine and left, heading to the armory.

"Hello again. I was wondering, since you are the resident weapons expert and all, what sort of gun do you prefer to use, if you had to use one? Also, Steve, has anything useful come out of the data that we brought back from the mission I was on?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6238 on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:36 pm »

Well, I have half of the requirements. Too bad I can't be bothered to take care of another living being.
Change the channel to something with giant man-eating (or otherwise dangerous) plants or fungi in it. Delight in the glory of fatal plant and fungal life.
You flip around, trying to find something about man eating plants. You find a stage recording of "Little Shop of Horrors".

Let's check the computer first.
"What do you want?  I'm doing research.  For medical stuff.  Hey, just for future reference, how many ribs do you have?"
You search "Decompensator" on the internet but can't find anything that isn't about penises.

(( Awww mine didnt get updated ill repost it. )) Brings up my suits coding and operating system and look for ways to make it as efficient as possible.
The suit's systems look fairly optimized, if only because they're so simple. All it's got running is a light amplification program and a rather standard recording program for the camera and microphones.

((You missed my question to the armory master and steve.))

"Ahh, fuck it."

Bishop waved his hands in disgust at the machine and left, heading to the armory.

"Hello again. I was wondering, since you are the resident weapons expert and all, what sort of gun do you prefer to use, if you had to use one? Also, Steve, has anything useful come out of the data that we brought back from the mission I was on?"
"Depends on the situation. When possible, the mission and situation should dictate the weapon."

>Nothing that resulted in a new system for your usage, unfortunately. Without a sample of the sound itself the scientists haven't been able to replicate any of it's effects.

We did, however, learn one important thing: Never fund prototypes for you.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:09:29 pm by piecewise »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: August 31, 2012, 02:09:50 pm »

Watch and sing along very loudly to the best of my ability.
((Genetic modification has gone very far in the future. Even penises need decompensators for those frequent sixes that endanger human lives.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:13:01 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 2101