_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938110 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6195 on: August 30, 2012, 09:25:46 pm »

((If I protest now, that would be doing meta gaming, which isn't fair. Unless Bishop finds out somehow, then I won't do anything. But I suggest being careful with what you try to hack, especially if you are integrating computers into your brain. You REALLY don't want to get a virus or get counter hacked.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:55 pm »

((If I protest now, that would be doing meta gaming, which isn't fair. Unless Bishop finds out somehow, then I won't do anything. But I suggest being careful with what you try to hack, especially if you are integrating computers into your brain. You REALLY don't want to get a virus or get counter hacked.))

((Remember the sentient soundwave.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: August 30, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »

((That was logical deduction, nothing more. I had the same info that Bishop did.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: August 30, 2012, 10:17:26 pm »

(I think Pyro meant 'remember when that happened to Jim and that was totally a bad thing you shouldn't let happen to you?' and not 'you totally metagamed that,' Zako. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6199 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:57 pm »

((So, question about exercising: What do you mean exactly by "using it for several mission?" As in, at least once per mission, or a certain number of times per mission, or a number of times total that's so large you'd need several missions' worth of updates to achieve it, or something else?))
Just once per mission over the course of is fine. I may rework that system to be a little less realistic but a little more useful.

Begins looking at how to fit the processors in and connect them to the suits systems.
And leave a message for Steve.

Would you be interested in a deal that involves dangerous and highly invasive surgery on my brain?
>Thats more the Doctor's realm then mine.

Looks like the processors can just fit into some of the empty spaces of the helmet and connect straight to the computer system from there.

((Aaand exactly as expected, even my imaginary avatar in a fictional universe couldn't do a cartwheel to save his life. ))

'AAAhw Fwuck, Fwat was a sfupid fing fo do. What the hell was i finking?'
Go to medbay.

'Hey Doc, could you fix up my feeth? And no monkey business, okay?' He said, while pointing AT HIS TEETH  (no waking up with tracks-for-feet for me, thank you very much)
Ask doc to fix up my teeth.

((also, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't i the only one right now with a guaranteed +1 to aux right now? All the others, i think, have +1 to handiwork. Also, do melee weapons like the tesla sabre use the uncon stat in battle, or only dext?

And mesor, if i read your char sheet correct, right now you seem to have -2 to both uncon and exotic weapons, and -1 to conv. And you also don't have a weapon. I suuuure hope we won't encounter to many hostiles next mission, or else we're boned))
The doctor looks up at you from his datapad and then nods distractedly.
"Yes, monkey teeth. Ok."

He hits you in the throat with a syringe while you're in the middle of protesting.

[doctor surgery roll:6]

You wake up in a bed in the infirmary with a sore jaw. Oh dear.

@piecewise Are we allowed to bring up sentient companions, and how are those to be treated? And what degree of control may we have over such companions whose personality is based on our own? (e.g. making a robot governed by a VR simulation of yourself/another player, or by an AI you specificly wrote to be as close as possible to your own mind (in terms of categories, ethics, hopes and wishes, frequently used lines of reasoning, etc.)) ))
((Companions as in 'equipment/sidekicks you bring on a mission'; asking mainly out of roleplaying concern for those - whether they'll be treated exactly as npcs, as semi-chararacters (controlled by the player), or something in between. ))
Well, you're not gonna get a robot that can run a human level AI running with you unless you get an arbiter. But it all kind of depends on the situation; an ai clone of you would usually do as you ask but might fight back with you. Basically, if they're sentient or even semi-sentient then they're NPC's.

"Hell yes!" Roger takes a moment to admire his handiwork.  Beautiful.  He always told them he could have been an engineer. He returns the saw and any excess metal to the Armory, and sticks the glue gently places the glue bottle in his pocket, if any is left. He leaves out the duct tape, you never know when someone might need it.
You gather up your remaining supplies, leaving the tape on the table, and return them to the armory, except for the glue.

Go do some endurance training.
[end:2]
You sit down on the rowing machine but when you reach out to use it you somehow completely forget how it works. You grasp randomly at the air around the machine for a few seconds and then just step back, embarrassed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:47 pm »

"Ahh, fuck it."

Bishop waved his hands in disgust at the machine and left, heading to the armory.

"Hello again. I was wondering, since you are the resident weapons expert and all, what sort of gun do you prefer to use, if you had to use one? Also, Steve, has anything useful come out of the data that we brought back from the mission I was on?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: August 30, 2012, 10:44:45 pm »

Observing the antics in the rec room has Brother Lars realize that his preaching appears to be rusty.

Practice preaching to the crowd, going over the central tenets of the Gazer*.

*Personal introspection, observing the world around you, self-knowledge, and doing as divinely commanded for the main ones.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: August 30, 2012, 10:45:39 pm »

((Can you even practice skills?  If not, I guess that could count as charisma as well.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:01 pm »

((Also, something from the OP drew my eye:

>Combat oriented

We've had, what, one mission that was truly combat oriented?  And CERTAIN PEOPLE decided that blowing up a dam and flooding millions of innocents was the solution when violence was needed?  [I'd say the first one was only tangentially combat oriented.] ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: August 30, 2012, 11:05:44 pm »

((He didn't decide to actually blow up the dam, he tried to use a manipulator on an area too big and far for him to do the maths for, and it went critical when he just hammered in random stuff instead of maths. He was standing on the dam itself when it went off.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: August 30, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »

((Well, most of the "difficult" parts have involved things trying to kill you. The first mission was mainly just a fetch quest without the combat, for instance. The worm mission is the only thing that comes to mind as having no non-party-inflicted combat at all. Well, and the serial killer one, but that's only because they never found him. :P

That said, yeah, a lot of missions have a fairly strong non-combat bent to them.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:20 pm »

((Let's be frank, if this was really "combat-oriented", it would probably be a bit predictable. The GM's Player VS Environment and our own Player VS Team's Stupidity keeps being more deadly and more insteresting than shooting things up, although I think the next mission may be a combat-oriented one unless the GM decides it'll have 99% chances of ending up with the greenhorns' corpses strewn everywhere and feels it might be appropriate to change it.

If the mission is definitely set in stone, then, well. Good luck for the first-timers!))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: August 30, 2012, 11:54:13 pm »

Head to the rec room, find an unused computer and search for information on medical decompensators.

(What's the search engine of choice in the future?  Googleplex?)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: August 31, 2012, 12:40:16 am »

Zero-g gardening? Sounds fun!
Watch zero-g gardening. Pick up handy space-gardening tips.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: August 31, 2012, 03:08:12 am »

Begins looking at the suits coding looks for ways to bring the suit up to optimal efficiency
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 2101