_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937158 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 7 recruiting now.
« Reply #6120 on: August 30, 2012, 10:24:15 am »

(( Or strip out the AM personality file and replace it with one that will willingly work to assist you while maintaining the AM data and systems. Effectively ull have the armory master but without the chance of it refusing to help you. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: August 30, 2012, 10:38:39 am »

(([...] Even if you still couldn't get enough power, you could just get a link to the ships VR, and run it through that. [...]))
((That might be a practical suggestion, yes. That would make it unusable in alternate dimensions, but how many of those would you realistically encounter, anyway? Although hijacking a VR machine might be slightly complicated.))

((All you would need was the combat data. It would make conjectures based off of that. Or you could just take the tactical data from the AI, then run that.))
(( Or strip out the AM personality file and replace it with one that will willingly work to assist you while maintaining the AM data and systems. Effectively ull have the armory master but without the chance of it refusing to help you. ))
((But the AM's personality is fundamentally necessary, as it is the core of the solution. In mission 5, for instance, the team's willingness to raid, mutilate and destroy everything (as well as a lack of subtlety in doing this) was the main reason the killer got sufficient cover to escape. The AM's unwillingness to obliterate and destroy was probably one of the reasons her solution was a complicated, but ultimately successful plan. Our reservations and personal taboos are deciding factors in planning.))

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:51:57 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: August 30, 2012, 10:51:41 am »

Join fight using laser rifle as a club.

"Dibs on the hackers shoes!"

((jacks only fighting due to him also not wanting to die.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: August 30, 2012, 10:53:35 am »

Join fight using laser rifle as a club.

"Dibs on the hackers shoes!"

((jacks only fighting due to him also not wanting to die.
((A bit late now...))

"My statement doesn't change. Never would have happened. Now are you going willingly or not? Make up your mind now."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

"Damn fight ended."

go back to swinging rifle around.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:59:34 am by Tavik Toth »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: August 30, 2012, 10:58:08 am »

(( Hm thats a good point i guess i could probably upload an additional piece of coding to get it to obey commands ))

Nods For now atleast until i can convince you im not trying to kill you all.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »

"You're not the one who would kill us."

Bishop points at the ceiling.

"It would. Now get your ass moving."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: August 30, 2012, 12:11:15 pm »

Walks over to VR system and downloads the Jamming program to it then heads to the armory and gives the armory master the tablet to hold onto
There happy now?
Now can you tell me where the med bay is im making quite a mess dripping blood all down the corridors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: August 30, 2012, 12:17:11 pm »

"Aw, no fighting? Well, better get back to the entertainment."
Aside from this magic "oh baby" phrase, what other things can I glean from this program that could potentially improve my magic?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:20:40 pm by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: August 30, 2012, 12:20:40 pm »

(( Grow a long white beard and get a pointy hat :P
Getting a lighting bolt scar couldnt hurt either.)).

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: August 30, 2012, 12:47:53 pm »

"It's down the hall. Ask Steve if you can't find it. Now don't go getting Steve all pissed off again in the future, ok? It's bad for both your health and mine. Come on Jim."

Go back to the gym and exercise some more.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: August 30, 2012, 12:53:35 pm »

Laughs No promises pissing people off is my specialty.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:17 pm »

(( And here I feel obliged to mention that I have also thought over making an AI - or, well, semi-AI (VI, not-true AI, whatever) - to assist in a number of tasks. Probably going to start tinkering on it after the end of this mission - well, unless I die die, of course.
Care to allow me into your company of 'cool hackers'? :P
Oh, and the main problem with VR-like persona simulation, I think, is the hardware constraints. I suppose the original VR machines may be hooked directly onto spare parts of Steve's brain, and I'm not sure that, short of pooling tokens on a public project, we could afford a wetware computer. I might be totally mislead, though.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: August 30, 2012, 12:59:45 pm »

((When I saw that this had exploded, I figured it was a result of mesor's antics.

...now I'm a bit lost though, having skimmed most of it. Somehow beating mesor to death turned into a discussion about robots and something about an AM AI copy or something?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: August 30, 2012, 01:01:55 pm »

(( Ur not allowed to pool tokens.
Im gonna make up a basic one soonish and probly get a basic bot of some sort and then keep upgrading it from there to test in the bot.
Or i might just use it as an automated system on my tablet so i can continue working and allow it to do another job for me.
And i wouldnt mention cool hackers ( its true but Jimmy will probably end up stabbing you for it ) ))

(( It was 2 different talks at once. One about killing me thats been resolved more or less without me losing limbs.
And a second which came off multiple people all having had an idea to make an AI and it will probably end up coming down to a group effort to make 1 or several AI or VI systems. ))
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 2101