_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936128 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 7 recruiting now.
« Reply #6105 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:23 am »

((Oh god. Karen is the Demowoman.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:47 am »

(( Somehow i dont think Steve would like us playing around with the Armory Master. ))
((Not her personally, the data that's stored of her in the VR. And I don't think Steve would really care. Why would he?))

((Nah, she's not drunk enough.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: August 30, 2012, 10:02:31 am »

((Somehow, I DON'T think they'd allow booze on the ship, for obvious reasons :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: August 30, 2012, 10:03:12 am »

(( Hmm well i dont think the armory master has any programing that would be overly useful outside of the armory ))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04:15 am »

((They do. Thomas is a heavy drinker, and they don't really care about that.))

(( Hmm well i dont think the armory master has any programing that would be overly useful outside of the armory ))
((You haven't seen the combat data they have on her then. She takes down Arbiters single-handed.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: August 30, 2012, 10:06:38 am »

(( Hmmm in that case i may have to do some tinkering with those programs and see if i cant adapt them for use in other combat bots
That'll have to be 4th on my list.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: August 30, 2012, 10:07:41 am »

((Well, to see how the AM would handle a situation, you would need to first model the situation on-the-fly (when our knowledge of the forces and factors at work is incomplete at best), then model the AM's personality, getting an AI of sorts. Then you put those two together and get a solution (that might not always be the best way to handle the situation, at least not in a way favorable to teammates, as the simulation of mission 5 shows). That would probably be unfeasible in the field due to the processing power required, and not entirely useful due to our lack of knowledge during the mission - you would get the AM's solution to the situation you think you're in, which might not be what the situation actually is, providing dubious advice.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:12:22 am by Harry Baldman »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: August 30, 2012, 10:09:22 am »

(( Somehow i dont think Steve would like us playing around with the Armory Master. ))

((Nah, Steve wouldn't care much, I believe. The Armory Master herself, on the other hand, might... depending on what you do.

That said, I doubt the wristpad is powerful enough to run an AI of that complexity - I wanted to see if I could backup the camera onto it, but couldn't due to the amount of data. A custom helmet could work, though. Or maybe some kind of fibertronics suit below your regular suit, but the AM may very well object to being worn.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:46 am »

((I take it you haven't read up to Mission 5 yet.  Hint: Check my action about halfway down.))

Lars studies the unfolding carnage to see what he can learn from it.
You believe the moral of this story is not to fuck with the gorilla armed cyborg holding a sword.

((Excellent advice.))

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: August 30, 2012, 10:12:30 am »

((Right, let me recant that: DECENT booze :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: August 30, 2012, 10:15:58 am »

(( Hmmm can you explain in more detail your idea? I dont mind adding it to my list of things to look into if you want Im already upto 5 things at this point one more wont hurt.
I dont like the advice wheres the fun in life if you dont make a few enemies along the way?)).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: August 30, 2012, 10:16:40 am »

((Speaking of AIs and stuff, I had a rather interesting idea. What if you took the Armory Masters AI from the VR, then put it into your wristpad, or built a helmet that had a computer in it. You would give it a camera feed, and that would feed data to the programs environment. When you ran the AI, it would put the virtual AM into that situation, then you could see how she would handle it.))
((We actually already had that idea earlier, about AIs inside our suits. But I doubt the AM AI would even accept giving any tips or help.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: August 30, 2012, 10:18:46 am »

(( You dont need the full AM AI though you can remove the personalty from the program relatively easily and keep all the information intact. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: August 30, 2012, 10:20:41 am »

((But then you'd just have the AM's biography and exhaustive psych profile (her information) to read and apply to your problems. For problem solving, you'd need an AI with the AM experience and personality attachment.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:22:15 am by Harry Baldman »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:02 am »

((Well, to see how the AM would handle a situation, you would need to first model the situation on-the-fly (when our knowledge of the forces and factors at work is incomplete at best), then model the AM's personality, getting an AI of sorts. Then you put those two together and get a solution (that might not always be the best way to handle the situation, at least not in a way favorable to teammates, as the simulation of mission 5 shows). That would probably be unfeasible in the field due to the processing power required, and not entirely useful due to our lack of knowledge during the mission - you would get the AM's solution to the situation you think you're in, which might not be what the situation actually is.))
((We wouldn't need to model the AM personally, there is already an AI of her on the computer, and that would work. If you were to drop extraneous information, like her favorite color, and only keep the data about the combat she's done, the AI wouldn't be too big. Even if you still couldn't get enough power, you could just get a link to the ships VR, and run it through that. Also, you wouldn't use it to solve big, mysterious problems, you would use it to solve individual problems. Like what's going on on the mission right now. You could ask it "How would the AM scale this wall?" and you could get a less risky option than the rappelling that they tried.The biggest issue is certainly the data collection and how it puts them together. Maybe if it took a feed from all the team members cameras, it would work better. But, we don't really need to understand the circumstances, she didn't back when she did missions, so she wouldn't now. It's really just a way to get the AM with you on the mission.))

((Nah, Steve wouldn't care much, I believe. The Armory Master herself, on the other hand, might... depending on what you do.

That said, I doubt the wristpad is powerful enough to run an AI of that complexity - I wanted to see if I could backup the camera onto it, but couldn't due to the amount of data. A custom helmet could work, though. Or maybe some kind of fibertronics suit below your regular suit, but the AM may very well object to being worn.))
((The wristpad probably wouldn't work, so maybe you could get a wireless link to the ships VR. If not, you could just custom build something to run it. Also, the AM didn't object to Elisaz's... Virtual "Bonding" session, so I doubt she would mind being used for tactical advice.))

(( Hmmm can you explain in more detail your idea? I dont mind adding it to my list of things to look into if you want Im already upto 5 things at this point one more wont hurt.
I dont like the advice wheres the fun in life if you dont make a few enemies along the way?)).
((You take the combat data of the Armory Master from back when she was a convict. You put that in a computer, then you build a VR situation for it from camera and microphone data. You run the VR, and it shows you what she would have done in that situation.))

((Speaking of AIs and stuff, I had a rather interesting idea. What if you took the Armory Masters AI from the VR, then put it into your wristpad, or built a helmet that had a computer in it. You would give it a camera feed, and that would feed data to the programs environment. When you ran the AI, it would put the virtual AM into that situation, then you could see how she would handle it.))
((We actually already had that idea earlier, about AIs inside our suits. But I doubt the AM AI would even accept giving any tips or help.))
((It's less having the AI inside your suit, its more putting the AM into that situation. It creates a miniature VR to place the AM into, taking data from the cameras, microphones and any other sensors you may have on you.))

((But then you'd just have the AM's biography (her information) to read and apply to your problems. For problem solving, you'd need an AI with the optional AM-info attachment.))
((All you would need was the combat data. It would make conjectures based off of that. Or you could just take the tactical data from the AI, then run that.))
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 2101