_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937764 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 7 recruiting now.
« Reply #5910 on: August 27, 2012, 07:53:14 pm »

((Hey Piecewise, I had a question about the Level Up system.

What is the incentive for boosting Attributes and Skills high to +2 +3, since it seems overshoots are going just as badly as low rolls, I.E., Faith rolled a 7 and cut off her hand.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: August 27, 2012, 08:14:49 pm »

What is the incentive for boosting Attributes and Skills high to +2 +3, since it seems overshoots are going just as badly as low rolls, I.E., Faith rolled a 7 and cut off her hand.))
((Decompensators or I forgot their names. They help you avoid overshots.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:54 pm »

((Decompensators or I forgot their names. They help you avoid overshots.))

((Ah, where are they mentioned? They sound good but I might have just glossed over them reading the rules.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: August 27, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: August 27, 2012, 09:51:52 pm »

((I believe Bishop, or myself in other words, speaks in brown. You can always speak in a color and do it in italics if you want it to stand out more.))

Having watched an angry woman promptly break Mesk's jaw and some other dude kick him in the guts, and him having no problem with either, he simply shrugged back at the sheep and popped a pill again.

"Hey lady. You might want to save that enthusiasm for the missions. You're gonna need it."

Pop a pill, check how many I have left and see if the sheep is still there.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »

((Or use a different font.

'S what I did.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:26:26 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: August 27, 2012, 11:06:14 pm »

(( Or speak in a different font and in italics and in a different font size. In addition to your chosen colour, that is.
Bonus points for using a manually inputed colour or font size.
Though, believe me or not, it is such a headache to speak that way... :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: August 27, 2012, 11:57:18 pm »

(This colour is mine, not that I use it.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:25:52 pm by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: August 28, 2012, 12:14:58 am »

((Nobody take this color, because my signature is it.  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: August 28, 2012, 12:17:12 am »

((Nobody take this color, because my signature is it.  :P))
((What was that again?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:55 am »

((Ooh ooh pick me! I shall put my name in that hat, assuming I survive the mission. That's... A pretty big assumption. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:36 am »

"That could, admittedly, come in handy sometime in the future. Hey, you okay, man?"
Check up to see if there's anything seriously wrong with Jack. If so, drag him to the med bay by his feet. If I can't, ask for help from a nearby person.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:39:30 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5923 on: August 28, 2012, 01:03:41 am »

I get dressed then look deciding to make my presence known i look for the controls for lighting on the ship.
You get yourself some clothes and then look around for some sort of control panel, or at least a light switch. You don't see one. How odd; to think that they wouldn't put the controls to the ship in with the inmates.

Roger goes to the Armoury.  "Could I get some small pieces of sheet metal, some duct tape, and maybe some strong glue?
"What kinda metal?"

Lars frowned.  This was all well and good, but how much time had he spent in here?  Perhaps he was getting losing focus.   The time and distances involved with the ship... was he losing his personal touch with the Gazer?  This was very distressing.  He needed to be back among real people.

Save progress in simulation and exit VR.  Assess situation in rec room.
You save your game and hop out of the vr machine. You put your hands on your hips and look around, assessing the situation in the Rec room. Lets see here...In your professional opinion it looks as though the situation in here could be considered "Bananas".

'HMRC? never heard of it. And are you the captain of this plac...'
he suddenly realized something
'Mind telling me what year it is?'
((insert Steve snark here ))
'Really? Goddamn, that's just... '
Miyamoto stares for a while, realizing everybody he knew was long dead by now

After this, Steve just convenialy explains away everything Miyamoto needs to know before embarking on a mission

((trying to cull chit-chat here so others don't need to wait for briefing. If you feel like typing however, don't mind me, just fill in my characters undoubtedly witty quips as you see fit))

(( hey gm, i got a question: is there a limit to the amount of times those Psychokinetic Amplifier can be used? 'Cause they are usually just as expensive as the normal manipulators. Sorry if you explained this a bazzilion times already, but i'm still plowing through the library's worth of reading material in these threads ))

(Amps are limited in use only by the will of the user. But thats a sort of invisible stat that does drain, so using them a lot all at once can end very badly. Field manipulators have a limit like that as well as a battery, but they're marginally safer plus you can have as many as you want. With Amps (and any brain implants really) you can only have 3.)

>Everything you need to know? You need to survive 10 missions to be free. And you probably won't.

((I believe Bishop, or myself in other words, speaks in brown. You can always speak in a color and do it in italics if you want it to stand out more.))

Having watched an angry woman promptly break Mesk's jaw and some other dude kick him in the guts, and him having no problem with either, he simply shrugged back at the sheep and popped a pill again.

"Hey lady. You might want to save that enthusiasm for the missions. You're gonna need it."

Pop a pill, check how many I have left and see if the sheep is still there.
You pop a pill, checking how many are left as you do. Looks like you got plenty, way too many to count without pouring them out at least.

The sheep is still there, though everything else is starting to feel a bit strange and slow, like you're walking through tar and your brain is only working at 50%.

"That could, admittedly, come in handy sometime in the future. Hey, you okay, man?"
Check up to see if there's anything seriously wrong with Jack. If so, drag him to the med bay by his feet. If I can't, ask for help from a nearby person.
[med:5]
Yeah, all that foaming and twitching can't be very good.

You grab Captain twitchy by the feet and drag him all the way to the infirmary, dropping him in the middle of the floor and yelling
"YO, twitchy man needs medical attention. Stat."

A pair of nurses come and pick your test subject up and drag him off to a bed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: August 28, 2012, 01:09:02 am »

"You know, while I'm here..."
Find the Doctor.
"Hi, Doc, I have a question. You said I'm not entirely human. Got any not-entirely-human food for me? I'm feeling kind of hungry. I tried the mess hall, but stuff tastes like ash there."
Ask.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:27:31 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 2101