_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938721 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Kinder Surpise of Death
« Reply #5640 on: August 21, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

((Goddamnit, AM. Even if the ship somehow exploded, the only thing remaining would be the AM, floating in a bubble of oxygen and idly reading her magazine.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: August 21, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »

((Of course, what can move faster than the speed of thought? Of course she would win, her weapons rely on thought and not her body.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:05 pm »

((@piecewise 'Matter manipulator'=Matter Converter PK amp or Mass Manipulation PK Amp? Asking because Jim has the same ambigous entry in his inventory in the cheatsheet, and somehow I doubt that one is the same device as which the Armory Master was using. ))

((Goddamnit, AM. Even if the ship somehow exploded, the only thing remaining would be the AM, floating in a bubble of oxygen and idly reading her magazine.))
(( So true... :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »

(Keep in mind that this uses the last battle records it has on her, which have her looking several years younger then she currently does.)
Victories
Surprise
1: AM
2: AM
3: AM
4: AM

Battlefield
1:AM
2:tie
3:AM
4:AM

Deathmatch

Kinetic Shunt and automated field manipulators played a major role in the Armory master's defense. Matter manipulator Amp was main method of attack. 2 instances of nuclear fission.
Kyle sat staring at the results in disbelief. He'd heard a couple of tales regarding the armory master, but still, being able to take down an arbiters of peace was just a completely different level.

Watch the first battlefield video in full.

((There's only two other AM simulations I can think of at the moment... one pitting her against the doctor, and one seeing if she could escape/blow up the entire HMRC ship. And I'd be surprised if the info needed for the latter simulation wasn't classified.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:24 pm »

"- .... --- ..- --. .... - / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / ... .- -.-- / - .... .- - .-.-.- /"

((Thought you would say that.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: August 21, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

Roger looks around for any immediate threats: If there are any, shoot them, if not move over to the wounded man.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5646 on: August 21, 2012, 09:27:36 pm »

((@piecewise 'Matter manipulator'=Matter Converter PK amp or Mass Manipulation PK Amp? Asking because Jim has the same ambigous entry in his inventory in the cheatsheet, and somehow I doubt that one is the same device as which the Armory Master was using. ))

(( So true... :P ))
Matter converter. This is what happens when I try to remember the name of something I haven't used in months from memory. Jim's is the mass manipulation one.

(Keep in mind that this uses the last battle records it has on her, which have her looking several years younger then she currently does.)
Victories
Surprise
1: AM
2: AM
3: AM
4: AM

Battlefield
2:tie
3:AM
4:AM

Deathmatch

Kinetic Shunt and automated field manipulators played a major role in the Armory master's defense. Matter manipulator Amp was main method of attack. 2 instances of nuclear fission.
Kyle sat staring at the results in disbelief. He'd heard a couple of tales regarding the armory master, but still, being able to take down an arbiters of peace was just a completely different level.

Watch the first battlefield video in full.

((There's only two other AM simulations I can think of at the moment... one pitting her against the doctor, and one seeing if she could escape/blow up the entire HMRC ship. And I'd be surprised if the info needed for the latter simulation wasn't classified.))
The battle footage is roughly 3 seconds long and consists of the armory master making a gesture at the unaware arbiter and the air around the arbiter turning into a solid block of metal, encasing it.

Roger looks around for any immediate threats: If there are any, shoot them, if not move over to the wounded man.
You straighten up a bit and look around. There's nothing threatening in the trench itself, at least not yet. Out of the trench is another matter entirely, but you try not to think about that. You slink across the trench, half crawling through pools of brownish red blood and what you think were people once, till you reach the man. He's stopped trying to pull the bone from his stomach and is now sitting silently, his chest rising and falling in a slow rhythm. His eyes move move lethargically to look up at you as you move beside him.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: August 21, 2012, 09:40:45 pm »

Inspect the wound.  If it is through the actual stomach, inform him that it is certainly fatal.  If not, or if unsure, try to clean it to some extent and stop the bleeding.  In any case, leave the spike in.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: August 21, 2012, 09:52:50 pm »

Ask one of the doctors how the tissue subdermal armor results look, and if it seems viable for use on internal organs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5649 on: August 21, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »

Inspect the wound.  If it is through the actual stomach, inform him that it is certainly fatal.  If not, or if unsure, try to clean it to some extent and stop the bleeding.  In any case, leave the spike in.
[med:4]
You inspect the wound, running your fingers around the injury and finding where it hit. You're about to tell the man that he's probably going to die when you notice that he's already dead.

Ask one of the doctors how the tissue subdermal armor results look, and if it seems viable for use on internal organs.
"The guy we tested it on is still recovering" the doctor you flagged down says, "We have to wait till he's done before we know how well it works."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: August 22, 2012, 02:28:14 am »

"Well, if you say so. I trust your medical expertise, Doc."
Follow the doctor's instructions.
"If you plan on cutting me up, could you please put me back together afterwards as well?"
((Okay, so a Matter Converter essentially makes a person into a god, provided that said person doesn't turn its head into pudding by accident.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:33:19 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:49 am »

((Okay, so a Matter Converter essentially makes a person into a god, provided that said person doesn't turn its head into pudding by accident.))

((Which means you need 20 tokens for the amp and 20 more tokens for the good overcompensator, plus at least a guaranteed +1 to the skill so protect against both 1s and 6s which could both easily be horribad fatal.  Plus, extensive practice to know what is within the scope of possibility without frying the amp or your brain.

I don't think that's unreasonable.))

Lars groaned.  That really, really, did not work.  He needed to work on his own body strength.

First, though, he needed to not die.

Run for the rifle and shoot the man.  Not worth saving this one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: August 22, 2012, 11:07:21 am »

Change laser rifle power supply.

((Better?))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:58:05 am by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: August 22, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

((Laser machine guns would be unfeasible - laser weaponry doesn't rely on making an impact, just heating stuff up. It also doesn't have rounds to fire, therefore no rate of fire. You can change the diffusion (affecting range bonuses) as well as the rifle's power supply (possibly affecting the beam's ability to heat stuff up), though. Think of the laser rifle as a magnifying glass with your very own sun to power it.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:52:11 am by Harry Baldman »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: August 22, 2012, 12:00:47 pm »

Change laser rifle into a laser machine gun.

((does that work?))
((The laser gun can shoot a laser beam as long as you keep pressing the trigger and happen to have enough ammo. So you could just press the trigger maniacally and it would keep turning on and off, or create a system for doing it. If the intention is making them look like hellguns from W40k, you could also search for a way of making the laser visible and getting a power pack to maintain the constant use of energy. I don't think anything aside from the power pack would be practical, but it would most certainly be good-looking and nice to watch.

Also, laser cannons anyone?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 2101