_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933885 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5340 on: August 15, 2012, 06:28:06 pm »

Don't break the seal just yet.  Head to the medical bay.  First, check if my spine is ready for reinsertion.  Second, find a spare X-Ray machine or similar to take a peek inside the capsule.
You head back to the infirmary to get your spine checked on and to see if you can get a peek into the capsule. A helpful doctor informs you that your spine isn't healed yet and takes the capsule to get xrayed. He comes back with a sheet and hands it to you. The result of the extra is nothing but a picture of a white sphere; apparently the capsule is made of a dense enough metal that xrays can't penetrate it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: August 15, 2012, 06:29:14 pm »

((Oh god...

OH MY GOD, YOUR RIGHT!))

Second type of numbers. Just a physical description of the forces they can both take.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: August 15, 2012, 06:33:30 pm »

Hmm.  Try ultrasound, MRI, any and every technique I know of for looking inside of things.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: August 15, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »

((No I meant the kitchen. Besides the implant is on my brain stem. I don't think having shock proof skin would help with that.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: August 15, 2012, 07:03:48 pm »

How much for the first alien thing?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5345 on: August 15, 2012, 07:32:22 pm »

((Oh god...

OH MY GOD, YOUR RIGHT!))

Second type of numbers. Just a physical description of the forces they can both take.
Well, the heavy but more protective one is maybe a a quarter more protective then industrial suit metal, so the difference between taking a pickup truck and an suv to the head, and the lighter crystal matrix one is about as protective as the IS metal, but only half as heavy.

Hmm.  Try ultrasound, MRI, any and every technique I know of for looking inside of things.
You have the doctor run the object through every scanner they have but the only information they get back is that it has a roughly cylindrical mass in the center surrounded by a low density material, probably foam.

((No I meant the kitchen. Besides the implant is on my brain stem. I don't think having shock proof skin would help with that.))
Ah, yeah I was wondering what you were thinking.

I will neither confirm or deny if your friends will be eating you. But if you wouldn't mind hitting yourself with a meat tenderizer a few times, that would be really helpful.

How much for the first alien thing?
"Small, medium or large? It's 3, 5 and 10 respectively."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: August 15, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

How much heavier is the first one? Would I have any trouble doing strenuous activities in it? How much heat can it take, both hot and cold?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: August 15, 2012, 08:16:52 pm »

How many tokens do I have?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: August 15, 2012, 08:21:13 pm »

"--.- --- ..- .-. | - ..- .-. -. | - . .-.. .-.. | -- . | .- | .-. .. -.. -.. .-.. . |"

((Your turn. Tell me a riddle.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5349 on: August 15, 2012, 10:51:55 pm »

How much heavier is the first one? Would I have any trouble doing strenuous activities in it? How much heat can it take, both hot and cold?
Well you had trouble with the industrial plate, so something heavier is gonna give you more trouble. As per heat and cold, it seems fairly resistant. It won't take a nuke or anything, but will take molten steel.

How many tokens do I have?

"--.- --- ..- .-. | - ..- .-. -. | - . .-.. .-.. | -- . | .- | .-. .. -.. -.. .-.. . |"

((Your turn. Tell me a riddle.))
I am insidious as the worm,
infecting large and small,
And spread as quickly as the germ,
for there are none who don't heed my call.

Kingdoms, upon my power, grow,
With blade and bomb and promised death,
But their own undoing, with my aid, they sow,
For revolution, by my hand, takes first breath.

Some would say I am the greatest darkness,
instinct and arrogance planted with hateful seeds,
but I am just an agent of progress,
and, in me, the truth of your nature breeds.

What am I?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:21 pm »

One down, many to go.

Do I have to drag this guy back, can I make him walk, or is leaving him here acceptable?  In any case, get him back to the starting point or wherever he needs to be.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: August 15, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »

Head to armory, sell current armor, buy MK III suit, count tokens, return to scientist man.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: August 16, 2012, 12:25:23 am »

"I'm... gonna regret this, aren't I...?"
Carefully crack open the capsule.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: August 16, 2012, 12:44:23 am »

Price check on both of them, then go ask the armory master for her preference of small sized suits. Ask Steve how the idiot that went for the skin therapy is going and what the results are.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5354 on: August 16, 2012, 01:21:15 am »

Head to armory, sell current armor, buy MK III suit, count tokens, return to scientist man.
Your current armor was free so it would sell for nothing, and the MKIII is 13 token so...yeah you'd have nothing left.

One down, many to go.

Do I have to drag this guy back, can I make him walk, or is leaving him here acceptable?  In any case, get him back to the starting point or wherever he needs to be.
You activate the beacon in your camp and press a button on the collar. The man stands up and starts walking back toward your camp.

"I'm... gonna regret this, aren't I...?"
Carefully crack open the capsule.
You tear open the seal and open the sphere, tossing aside the foam lining within. The object at the center is a large, metallic cylinder with what looks to be a brand sticker on it's side that has been badly damaged and almost entirely scratched off. You can make out a "BE" and a "TEC" but not much else. It looks very old. You don't see any way to open the container, it seems to be a solid cylinder, but the ends are larger then the center, like pipe caps, and there is a button marked "View" near the bottom of the container. Atop the cylinder is a compact machine of sorts, it has the same dimensions as the canister, though not as tall, with a few buttons and faded stickers. The stickers are each beneath a button and read, in order. "1.Prime" "2.Sample" "3.Process" "4.Inject" "5.Activate".

Price check on both of them, then go ask the armory master for her preference of small sized suits. Ask Steve how the idiot that went for the skin therapy is going and what the results are.
The vr machine doesn't have their prices listed. Hmm, must be non-standard.

You head out and ask the armory master about her personal armor preferences.
"MK III."

>He's healing. Won't know if it was successful till his skin grows back.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:23:57 am by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 2101