_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938180 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5205 on: August 10, 2012, 03:14:00 am »

Roll up beside the guy watching TV.
"Hey, man.  *cough cough cough* Spare a token for a veteran?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: August 10, 2012, 04:31:43 am »

"Steve, what's going on right now?"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:27:53 am by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: August 10, 2012, 08:06:18 am »

"Veteran, huh? A veteran of what?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5208 on: August 10, 2012, 08:45:11 am »

Keep up the pursuit!
[dex:2]
[worker dex:6]

The worker starts pulling very far ahead as you stumble through a field of warped and blackened melted glass. He's got a good 10 meter lead on you now and is heading for one of the still standing buildings.

(Because he can? :P)

(Let's go for just canine and feline for now, with an option to see what exactly a shimmer-slasher is. ^^^)
I won't bore you with their real, technical names, so here we go.
For canine there is:
Hound
Hunter
Stalker

Feline:
Can opener
Scaler

And a Shimmer-slasher? Well imagine a giant weaponized starfish with bladed legs that moves very very quickly.

"Now that's quality entertainment!"
Watch competitive knife catching, try to learn something about dodging and intercepting projectiles in the process.
As it turns out this is the amateur edition and they're not so good at dodging or intercepting things except with their organs.  Still, it's funny at least. Heh, dirk to the liver. Classic.

Roll up beside the guy watching TV.
"Hey, man.  *cough cough cough* Spare a token for a veteran?"
You roll up behind the couch and panhandle.

"Steve, what's going on right now?"

>Oh, you know, playing with the lives of men, keeping all of you alive, the usual.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:20 am »

Weep profusely at the tragic state of the cripple beside me and the tragedies of life in general. Give Mesk a hug once a good cry has been built up. Pause occasionally to laugh at competitive knife catchers.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:11:18 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 10, 2012, 10:03:04 am »

(Hmm. Let's see both the Hunter and the Stalker.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 10, 2012, 10:31:49 am »

Continue reading and leave Renen on auto-reading (even after I'm offline, make him read one chapter per turn).
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: August 10, 2012, 10:51:11 am »

"Lessee, I'm a veteran of, um, three, no, four, no, two, um, missions.  Actually, I don't know what my, um, official count is, any more.  All the different times that uh, Jim has broken my back, have started to run together, in my head.  Oh.  Hey there.  I'm, uh, the Kickboxing Doctor."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:55 am »

".... --- .-- | .. ... | - .... . | -- .. ... ... .. --- -. | --. --- .. -. --.|"

Tap out the message.

((Translation: How is the mission going?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: August 10, 2012, 11:31:33 am »

"Who else is there apart from me?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: August 10, 2012, 12:20:13 pm »

Lars briefly considers the merit of firing a warning shot over his head, but that will likely give any buddies he has in that building more warning.  It's likely too late for him to not get inside, anyhow.

Keep up the pursuit!  If he goes inside, follow carefully.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5216 on: August 10, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »

Weep profusely at the tragic state of the cripple beside me and the tragedies of life in general. Give Mesk a hug once a good cry has been built up. Pause occasionally to laugh at competitive knife catchers.
Weep at mesk, laugh at catchers, weep at mesk, laugh at catchers, laugh at mesk, weep at catchers, laugh at mesk, laugh at mesk.

(Hmm. Let's see both the Hunter and the Stalker.)
Hunter is basically nothing but massive forearms and chest with practically vestigial back legs and a neckless head with a head like a bear trap that can open just as wide. They're designed for a combination of ambushing and chasing, running very quickly over long distance. They generally attack by leaping onto their prey and either pummeling and tearing them apart with their giant claws and muscles or just biting huge chunks off whatever they're attacking.

The Stalker is designed for more stealthy work; it's got some very long, razor tipped fingers and a body like an emaciated yoga expert.  Practically all it's joints are either ball or double joints and it's got poison glands. It attacks by, well, stalking its target, slithering and crawling around on ceilings and through vents and everywhere else before killing with a single poisoned bite or slash. They're a smaller cousin of the Onslaught, which is designed for more face to face combat.

Continue reading and leave Renen on auto-reading (even after I'm offline, make him read one chapter per turn).
The next chapter is about the monoatomic sword, you want to read it? It's not gonna tell you much about katana usage.

".... --- .-- | .. ... | - .... . | -- .. ... ... .. --- -. | --. --- .. -. --.|"

Tap out the message.

((Translation: How is the mission going?))

>I'm not in contact with anything except the shuttle, and it's got two dead people in it already.

"Who else is there apart from me?"

>All the people on this ship really. What, you want the names of all your perspective teammates?

Lars briefly considers the merit of firing a warning shot over his head, but that will likely give any buddies he has in that building more warning.  It's likely too late for him to not get inside, anyhow.

Keep up the pursuit!  If he goes inside, follow carefully.
[dex:5]
[worker dex:2]
You catch up to the man just before he gets into the building and manage to catch his right arm in mid stride.
[str:3]
You can't keep hold of him but the momentary force of being caught throws him off balance.
[worker dex:5]
He rights himself an instant later but you're still within arms length of him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: August 10, 2012, 12:48:13 pm »

Jim decided to table the 'new body' thing for now. He had to get the decompensator first, and then he'd have to get another 20 tokens to buy a body with... but the decompensator was far more important, since it meant he could throw as much force as he wanted into his amps and not have to worry about accidentally killing his teammates. He logged out of the VR and sat in a corner with his swords, taking inventory.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: August 10, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »

Slam him to the ground and collar him!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: August 10, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »

Roger walks over to the TV and inspects the knife catching.  He then looks over at the other two watchers.  "What is the going on?"  He introduces himself and asks Mesk, who seemed to be in a better mental state, what is wrong with the other guy and how thing work around here.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 2101