_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5818666 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5145 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:38 pm »

((The shuttle in the mission won't leave and return to let those still in it recuperate, right?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 07, 2012, 09:09:36 pm »

(Your assumptions are correct, PW. Let's narrow it to pure combat, quadrupedal, if that helps.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 08, 2012, 07:02:37 am »

Use, mixed.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 08, 2012, 07:56:58 am »

Lars studies the areas, and comes to a conclusion.  It'd be better to clear this tower upward, and then head back down- that way he can know it's clear behind him once he hits the top.

Head upward, searching for workers.  Demand the surrender of any encountered- return fire if fired upon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:18 am »

((This is kind of a bullshit idea, but let's try it anyway))

Spawn two small metal pipes.  Grab one, and heat the tip of that one to just below melting point.  Then, grab the other pipe and cool it to just above freezing (appx 274 Kelvin).  Throw the cold pipe up, and then smack it with the really hot pipe.  I'm trying to create a large amount of kinetic force through inter-molecular disparity.

((I don't really know why I think this should work, I don't remember anything about molecules working like that....))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5150 on: August 08, 2012, 11:07:57 am »

"Thanks. Maybe I'll finally get it working this time..."

Head back to the VR machine and bring up the helmet again, this time with armor layers consisting of 1 inch thick industrial plate and 1 inch thick battle suit plate, with a fused frame of industrial plate metal on the inside. Test for strength, crushing resistance, temperature resistance and weight.
Well, thats gonna be a bit heavy, and that battle plate is gonna shatter under significant crushing, but the industrial plate should hold up well against crushing and temp. Basically what you have there is a outer ballistic layer designed to survive weapons and an inner layer for things like bombs, crushing and the like.

((The shuttle in the mission won't leave and return to let those still in it recuperate, right?))
Shuttle will wait till the mission is done and then head back.

Use, mixed.

You get a book called "Principles of Modern Swordplay."

Lars studies the areas, and comes to a conclusion.  It'd be better to clear this tower upward, and then head back down- that way he can know it's clear behind him once he hits the top.

Head upward, searching for workers.  Demand the surrender of any encountered- return fire if fired upon.
You follow the ruined stairways up as far as they'll go, exploring several levels. There are signs of habitation, burn marks of fires, refuse and waste, even a corpse, but there's no one here now. They must have moved lower in the tower or out into the debris fields below.

((This is kind of a bullshit idea, but let's try it anyway))

Spawn two small metal pipes.  Grab one, and heat the tip of that one to just below melting point.  Then, grab the other pipe and cool it to just above freezing (appx 274 Kelvin).  Throw the cold pipe up, and then smack it with the really hot pipe.  I'm trying to create a large amount of kinetic force through inter-molecular disparity.

((I don't really know why I think this should work, I don't remember anything about molecules working like that....))

Well, that doesn't really do anything. I mean, if the metal is cold enough and you hit hard enough you can shatter things easier, so you might end up smashing the cold pipe and bending the hot one if you hit it hard enough, but it's not gonna go rocketing off or explode or something.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 08, 2012, 11:25:42 am »

Check if I can access VR in here.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 08, 2012, 11:36:48 am »

Start readding it
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 08, 2012, 11:50:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good enough?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:00:34 pm by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 08, 2012, 11:52:11 am »

I've been lurking here since the second half of Mission 2, finally decided to register on the forums to sign up for this RTD. It is that good.

Here's the character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

((Welcome to both of you. I guess hell has no population caps, from what I'm seeing here.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 08, 2012, 12:13:09 pm »

((Hell?No, this is heaven! Or its RTD equivalent anyway.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 08, 2012, 12:16:38 pm »

((Hell?No, this is heaven! Or its RTD equivalent anyway.))
((How did you discover Einsteinian Roulette, by the way?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 08, 2012, 12:18:52 pm »

(( Was reading the TVtropes RTD and one of the players mentioned this game.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 08, 2012, 12:23:07 pm »

((In fact, this RTD is good enough for me to go against my so far unbroken lurker habits - up until this point, I hadn't actually posted anything in any forum. Ever.
I discovered Einsteinian Roulette in is approximately this order - GameBanshee forums --> Stworca's LPs on Bay12 --> Ehndras' now-dead LCS LP --> this thread when I checked up on Ehndras' activities. From here I learned of RTDs and proceeded to read Multiworld Madness and now Roll to Roll to Dodge. I can say that this one's my favorite of the three, although RtRtD is pretty close.))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:30:38 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 2101