_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935644 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5070 on: August 02, 2012, 12:57:13 am »

((Glad to see you back man.))

The temptation to scratch was incredible, but Bishop knew better than to do that. He was glad to feel the effects though, it meant that the therapy really was working.

"Hey Steve, did the eggheads get anything from the stuff we brought back from the mission I was on, that we could use?"

Eat some more and ask Steve while eating.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: August 02, 2012, 06:31:50 am »

"Blurble."

Wait for skin to finish regrowing.

"Gurgle."

((Whew. Skin is growing back.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: August 02, 2012, 08:10:31 am »

A book on strategy, please.
Get a strategy book and start reading, don't stop until it is finished.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5073 on: August 02, 2012, 09:53:04 am »

(Do it in VR. :D)

"Ah, I see. I don't suppose they have any large dog genomes, would they? Like... German Shepherds, Great Danes, that sort of thing?"

>There's the standard "Hound", but it's about 6 foot at the shoulder and has thumbs, among other things.

((I was in the VR last right?  Anyways, do those manuals cost tokens?  I looked through the thread and I couldn't find any reference))

Exit out of VR.  If manuals are accessable by broke men like me, check out a book on the safe usage of Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifiers (If they have one).  If not, I have absolutely no idea what to do.  Cry and wait until the current mission is over, I guess.
There's no manual for that unfortunately, but you might be able to figure things out by just playing with them in vr or asking someone who is good with them for advice.

Scrap the monoscalpel, then.  Disconnect myself from VR and go to see if I can get my spine back already.

(I had an idea for an extending/retracting titanium quarterstaff, using something like an umbrella mechanism to pop open and close, but couldn't figure it out.  Anyone want to pick up the idea?  There's not many situations where an extending rod isn't useful.)
You roll to the Infirmary.

"Can I get out of this bed yet?"

The doctor sticks his head out from behind a privacy curtain. "No."

((Glad to see you back man.))

The temptation to scratch was incredible, but Bishop knew better than to do that. He was glad to feel the effects though, it meant that the therapy really was working.

"Hey Steve, did the eggheads get anything from the stuff we brought back from the mission I was on, that we could use?"

Eat some more and ask Steve while eating.
>The P-box one? Not yet. Still working on it, but without the actual earworm itself it's going to take a while.

"Blurble."

Wait for skin to finish regrowing.

"Gurgle."

((Whew. Skin is growing back.))
Hurb gurble gurb hurble. You're out of commission till the next mission.

The armory master gives you a copy of "On War", By Clausewitz.

[int:1]

"Further, according to a division of the subject in AGREEMENTS WITH ITS NATURE, the difficulties are not everywhere the same, but diminish the more results manifest themselves in the material world, and increase the more they pass into the moral, and becomes motives which influence the will. Therefore it is easier to determine, by theoretical rules, the order and conduct of a battle, than the use to be made of the battle itself. Yonder physical weapons clash with each other, and although mind is not wanting therein, matter must have its rights. But in effects to be produced by battles when the material results become motives, we have only to do with the moral nature. In a word, it is easier to make a theory for TACTICS than for STRATEGY."

You collapse to the ground, gurgling and foaming at the mouth.

"Perhaps a bit above your reading level?" The armory master says, looking down at you from her desk.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: August 02, 2012, 10:00:17 am »

The armory master gives you a copy of "On War", By Clausewitz.
[...]
You collapse to the ground, gurgling and foaming at the mouth.
((In Einsteinian Roulette, everything is weaponized.

Our books are lethal.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:08 am »

((Jesus... The pen is indeed mightier than the sword...))

Bishop shuddered for a moment, as he recalls what he found out on that rock.

"Better for them NOT to have it, I would think. Rather not have everyone who can listen to sound be driven to suicide or mass murder or some shit like that."

As he finished eating his massive meal and stood up, he stretched and breathed deeply. He needed the break from that P-Box mission, but it was time to get back to work.

Head back to the VR machines, hop in and create a new project. Bring up the design for a MK 3 helmet and replace the armor of the whole thing with 2 inch thick battlesuit plating with a thicker reinforcing plate on the bottom, and adjust the faceplate to being a much smaller section over the eyes. Increase headspace inside the helmet to accomodate a strengthening frame like that of the industrial helmet that's fused into the base plate of the armor. Then incorporate the sensor suite of the cameyes implant into the helmet cameras, upgrading the computer if need be, and see how it works out.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:42 am »

A little. I may be just tired because of the last reading session. Going to rest a little before continuing to read.

Walk and rest a little, then get the book and read it again.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:56:44 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: August 02, 2012, 10:58:12 am »

((Oh. Ah well, worth it. Maybe. Or not. Why do I have the feeling Herr Docktor is going to shoot me after this is done?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: August 02, 2012, 11:32:49 am »

Poilitely ask Jim for tips and tricks upon the activation and usage of the Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier.

"Hey, I had heard you were the best exotic weapon user on this ship.  Would you be willing to give me some advice?  I would certainly appreciate it, and having stronger team mates would only help you as well."

((I don't want to just ask for general amp use, because I want to not die on my first mission.  Gaining ability in something I can't use won't help with that.))
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:35:12 am by Baradine »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: August 02, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

"Oh.  Oh, well."
Find a cardboard board and a sharpie.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:47 am »

((@Baradine: The AM is probably the best amp user of the ship.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: August 02, 2012, 11:43:09 am »

((@Baradine: The AM is probably the best amp user of the ship.))

((Well, I know that Meta.  I probably shouldn't even be asking for Jim without searching for the best amp user. 

Also, I'm fairly certain that the AM wouldn't give a rats ass about helping me)).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »

((Also, I'm fairly certain that the AM wouldn't give a rats ass about helping me)).
((She answered the pervert's questions about amps.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: August 02, 2012, 12:46:26 pm »

Hunter.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:53 pm »

((Also, I'm fairly certain that the AM wouldn't give a rats ass about helping me)).
((She answered the pervert's questions about amps.))

((But was it really that helpful?  I don't know, I skipped around these threads quite a bit.  I only read consistently up to mission three or four, and on this thread, up to when Tiruin got her ass kicked by the AM.))
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 2101