_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934412 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5040 on: July 30, 2012, 12:22:16 pm »

((Well, the whole proceedure WAS a test. This might be how you are going to look like if the therapy is a success though, so it's hard to tell if it went wrong or right. You'll have to wait for the doc.))

"Right, so basically: Keep my heart, a bit of my lungs and my brain safe and I'll be more or less fine, give or take an inch or two around the heart for safety, and make sure to eat well while healing. Great. That's definately better than where I was before."

Bishop nodded and looked around, not seeing the asshole that tried to freak him out anywhere. He shrugged and left, heading to grab some new clothes and then heading to the mess hall.

"Huh. Guess he's still in therapy. Let me know the doc's results when he gets them, would you Steve? I'd like to know how well the new therapy went."

Get and wear new clothes then head to the mess hall and get a large and varied meal, making sure not to mash it all together when it's being served, cause that's gross.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

(( I think the skin is going to grow back, though it will probably take some time which can't be affected by an effort of will alone - I believe that is what piecewise meant. Also, good news, it looks like they have some kind of storage for our body parts so that if you voluntarily give them up for an upgrade of sorts, they are still there in case you don't like your new body.
Or yes, maybe those are someone else's.

@piecewise Are we allowed to keep the 'free' equipment after we've purchased an upgrade replacing it? Such as could Milno keep his Mk I suit even though he bought a Mk III, or can Jim still have that robotic body (which is a whole lot of a problem to re-calibrate for a new user, after all, as he'd been told) after he switches it for a brand-new synth-flesh one? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: July 30, 2012, 01:03:47 pm »

((I received confirmation that the MkIII's Enhanced Movement Mode doesn't work without the rocket pods. I'm overjoyed (not) by that, especially because now the chances of Maurice and Simus being rescued are even lower.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: July 30, 2012, 01:07:00 pm »

((EMM is basically skimming around using the rockets, in my mind that is. No combustion = No rockets = No EMM.

I'd think that they would be available, but as to why you would want to downgrade is beyond me...

And did you really think that you can grow all your skin back by thinking hard about it? Come on man...))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: July 30, 2012, 01:07:41 pm »

((I received confirmation that the MkIII's Enhanced Movement Mode doesn't work without the rocket pods. I'm overjoyed (not) by that, especially because now the chances of Maurice and Simus being rescued are even lower.))

((The Shades haven't actually tried to kill us... yet...

If they had, we'd be dead.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

((EMM is basically skimming around using the rockets, in my mind that is. No combustion = No rockets = No EMM.))
((Yeah, but since there is a bonus to strength, I supposed the fuel could be consumed by overdriving the exoskeleton instead of relying on rockets. Made sense for me, since it hadn't been explained in detail.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: July 30, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »

((OH! I didn't know about that part! I thought it was just moving faster. I guess that you would be right then, since that's the only real explaination I can think of right now.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: July 30, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »

((Do you think Maurice and Simus will be safer if I don't try to help them? I have the impression the shades will keep cutting up both of them, even if not deliberately.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: July 30, 2012, 01:24:35 pm »

((Do you think Maurice and Simus will be safer if I don't try to help them? I have the impression the shades will keep cutting up both of them, even if not deliberately.))

((No, I'm saying that the shades aren't actively trying to kill us. In fact, I'm surprised we're both relatively undamaged, considering that we could both be hamburger meat by now.

Even so, assistance would be helpful, because I don't think Simus would be able to get Maurice out on her own with that tendon severed. After all, an Achilles tendon rupture is a partial or complete break in the tendon; it requires immobilization or surgery. Simus won't have it that bad with it synthetic, but it's still bad.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: July 30, 2012, 01:33:17 pm »

Brother Lars sighed.  Perhaps he should try another, more realistic, simulation?

Load up Hunter or Poacher or whatever that other one was called.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:38 pm »

((It wasn't so much to actually grow my skin faster, it was more to get an action out. Although if it did work, that would have been nice.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: July 30, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

((I wonder how valuable this research camera is going to be, post-mission. If it's anything like that HDDSM from mission 3, the post-debriefing will be interesting, depending on who turned it in...))
((Presumably it'll be roughly evenly divided, or maybe divided amongst whoever got/helped with the most interesting footage. I doubt whoever gets it into the endzone first will take the prize. :P))

((You're assuming that it'll survive? You're quite the optimist.  :P))
((Surely they knew what kind of people they were handing it to and planned accordingly, right? :I))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: July 30, 2012, 03:55:22 pm »

((Surely they knew what kind of people they were handing it to and planned accordingly, right? :I))
((That's why we only got one. Less high cost high tech thrown to the dogs this way. :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: July 30, 2012, 06:49:53 pm »

((Wow, love is in the air at Bay12.))

Lukas resets the simulation so he can use his bullseye-mode and particle cannon again. He then spawns an idle tank a few hundred meters away from him, digs in and charges his particle cannon again.

Do the above

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: July 30, 2012, 06:51:02 pm »

((Try a distraction and leg it away from them, hoping to get all them bad shades after you? Use sound or something to attract them?

. . .

I deeply regret my death, now.))
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 2101