_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935094 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4935 on: July 28, 2012, 08:29:54 pm »

Oh, for some reason I thought it was rigid.  Well, how flexible is it?  I'm going to spawn a smaller rod with a loop on the end to attach to the motor, then attach one end of the filament to the handle, loop it around through the eye, and secure the other end when the razor's taut enough not to move but not so tight it'll cut through itself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: July 28, 2012, 08:58:48 pm »

Focus.  Stop with the rage and lost control, and focus.

Listen for my quarry.  Move to the sound and engage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: July 28, 2012, 09:09:55 pm »

Jim felt that was good enough and waited for cheezburgers :3 customers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: July 28, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »

Oh, for some reason I thought it was rigid.  Well, how flexible is it?  I'm going to spawn a smaller rod with a loop on the end to attach to the motor, then attach one end of the filament to the handle, loop it around through the eye, and secure the other end when the razor's taut enough not to move but not so tight it'll cut through itself.
((I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but remember that the wire has to be taut to function, and if it's touching something it'll tend to cut through it just like whatever you're trying to use it on.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: July 28, 2012, 09:50:27 pm »

(I'm trying to make something more like a scalpel.  I'm not entirely sure how it'll work if the sharp bit is a wire, but I'll try different things.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: July 28, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »

((Ooh! Epic idea!
A mono-atomic flail, with the monofilament attaching the spiked head to the haft! What can go wrong?!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: July 28, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »

((Why not just make Tesla Saber Chucks?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: July 28, 2012, 10:05:37 pm »

((Ooh! Epic idea!
A mono-atomic flail, with the monofilament attaching the spiked head to the haft! What can go wrong?!))
((I wanna say "everything," but the fact that it wouldn't work at all in the first place actually greatly limits its ability to cause us harm.))

((Why not just make Tesla Saber Chucks?))
((See, now THIS is an idea that would work well enough to murder us all!))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: July 28, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »

((Ooh! Epic idea!
((I like flails and morning stars, but I think you could go with kinetic amps in the spiked ends instead. Although it would be even more of a risk, since flails were...tricky. They were as dangerous to the user as to the enemy.

And Tesla Saber chucks would probably net a Darwin's Award for the user the first time he made a mistake.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: July 28, 2012, 10:20:10 pm »

((Actually, I think it would work. Not very well, but at least well enough to endanger the user. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:53 pm »

((Actually, I think it would work. Not very well, but at least well enough to endanger the user. :P))
((It might work in that the filament is strong enough, but I don't think the vibrating part would do anything, so it'd basically just be a very thin-chained morningstar. I could also be wrong about the filament strength.

Though now that I think about it, it might actually function while being swung, since then it'd be pulled taut by the force of the ball on the end... or not, if that's not taut enough, but alarmingly I guess this might be worth looking into. ???))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:46 pm »

((It might work in that the filament is strong enough, but I don't think the vibrating part would do anything, so it'd basically just be a very thin-chained morningstar. I could also be wrong about the filament strength.

Though now that I think about it, it might actually function while being swung, since then it'd be pulled taut by the force of the ball on the end... or not, if that's not taut enough, but alarmingly I guess this might be worth looking into. ???))
((Get a protective gauntlet, make the head some nasty substance. You could bust armor and flesh.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: July 28, 2012, 10:29:23 pm »

((If you make any of those, I am staying the hell away from you at all times. Also, Bishop is now more hardcore than anyone I've ever played in a game. Holy shit...))

Bishop was stunned, to say the least. He had never realised just how powerful this therapy was, and now that it hit him, the odds of him surviving the corps had just drastically increased. He still had little chance of surviving, but it was a lot better than when he started.

"Very cool, and just a little bit disturbing... Hey Steve, is there something like a secondary heart that I can get implanted into me, like a tougher, more mechanical or synthflesh heart that will keep working if my primary heart is destroyed? And the same thing for my lungs? Also, can you tell me the downsides to the therapies I've had so far?"

Ask again!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: July 28, 2012, 10:30:11 pm »

((Told ya. :))
You guys are gonna steal my idea, aren't you...?!  >:())
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: July 28, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »

((Pfft, I was considering using wires in combat before it was cool. :P

Plus, it'll be a while until I get back to the ship. Assuming I don't get eaten by sand worms, that is.))
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 2101