_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936257 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4740 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:55 pm »

(Do I have any say in whether or not my character gets mutilated?  >__>)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »

((I don't know what the rest of you are packing, but I've got an advanced medical kit. If it's possible to save Feyri at all, it's probably possible with what I've got.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: July 23, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »

((No.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: July 23, 2012, 04:01:19 pm »

((No.))

((This is the HMRC. No is the only answer to that question.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4744 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:12 pm »

"Hey Steve, how loud a noise do the MkI's block out? And is there any kind of earplug that actives and blocks out noises above a certain threshold?"

Exit VR.

"What the hell are you doing."
You hop out of the Vr machine and go to ask whoever just molested you with literature what the hell they are doing, but they're already gone, along with your dignity.

>Not much. And the only earplug that will activate is ones you put in yourself.

Look around the house for something that could be used as a reflective device.
There's half a mirror laying over near a gutted bedroom maybe 5 feet from your position. It may not be in cover though, you can't tell from here.

Jim buys 30 pounds of scrap metal and attempts to make a reiterpallasch with his amps. Whether or not he succeeds, if he has enough scrap left over he attempts to make another one, and so on until he runs out of scrap metal.
[Exo:6+1]
[Exo: 1+1+1]
Your first attempt renders the metal you're using nothing but a puddle of white hot slag, but you manage to shape it back into a bar shape as it cools, so it's not entirely ruined.

[exo:3+1+1]
[exo:5+1+1]

The metal hovers in mid air as you heat and reshape it at the same time; the metal screeches as  it stretches and compresses,  being forced into the shape of a thin, stabbing blade. The result is a good foot and a half longer then you intended, but is sharp as a razor and weighs only a few pounds. The handle, handguard and the blade are all formed from a single piece of metal and though they are far from pretty, they are effective.

(It has a dex requirement of 8 because of the awkward length, but if that requirement is met it gets a +1 str on stabbing damage rolls.)

((You that sword will be like four pounds at most, right?  Swords are light.))

Lars ponders.  It'd need to be fairly light and yet provide some protection.  Protection could be sacrificed for lightness and mobility, since this would not be a primary means of defense.  Really, it'd just need to be able to deflect and slow rounds more than absorb them entirely, unless it was a shotgun blast or similar.  Hmmm... what about laser weaponry?

Narrow search for fabrics that provide low to moderate protection against bullets, while not heavy enough to impair the mobility of the user.  Run a separate search for fabrics capable of diffusing laser beams that fit the above mobility requirements.

A Civic Defender's longcoat would work fine for the bullets, but when it comes to diffusing lasers very well, thats a bit harder. The defender longcoat will defend against lasers for a few seconds, but not much better.
Bishop paused in thought as the doctors words hit him.

"Hang on... YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ANY SIDE EFFECTS!! GODDAMMIT!"

He sighed and refocused. He had things to do.

"Whatever. I have to find a certain lunatic..."

Go look for Mesk.

You find mesk in the rec room, whining for someone to plug him into a VR machine. He appears to be bedbound and completely immobile, save for a slow roll in his bed. Sometimes things just go your way.

(I've had a couple ideas for tinker gadgets - a light and sound sensitive mask or hood that automatically generates a phase-shifted signal whenever the signal passes a user-defined gate, and a sort of mace or club that holds MkIII rockets that fire counter to the direction the weapon is moving, increasing the force of blows.  I don't feel like tinkering them up, though, so someone else can feel free to cop my ideas.)

Mesk suddenly feels his doom sense tingling, and stops screeching around in the Rec Room.
"I have to go.  My planet needs me."
So saying, he flees to the cafeteria, where he hopes to find kitchen staff at the very least.
"He-hello, I just had a, a spidey-sense tingle, um, could you people, uh, be, be witnesses?  To a crime?  That's about to happen?  I'm, talking about my own death."
You roll, very slowly, away from Bishop, looking for a witness. The only witness you can find in the kitchen is an automatic food dispenser. Oh dear.

((Hey, just returned from my trip. I learned about Thrak's end. I don't feel good about it :(. How's the mission going? Any permadeaths yet? [Too lazy to read 20+ pages right now]))

After the doctor fixed the damage that Lukas incurred during his battle to the death with Thrak he went back to grab his weapons and put them back in his locker. In his way over to the locker he kept replaying his battle with Thrak in his thoughts. He felt relieved that he was still alive but at the same time he felt uneasy about the fact that he just killed a teammate. He didn't know what the others would think. Did they even know about what happened back there?

After putting his weapons back in the locker, Lukas walked back to the infirmary to see if he could find the doctor.
You head out of the infirmary, weapons in hand, and store them back in your locker before heading back to find the doctor standing around in the middle of the infirmary.

danm. .. . .  ok. .. .  I am thinking of trying to make my character an NPC, if the GM will allow.
In what way?
Go to the armory room. Ask the AM:

Hey, I was looking at the armory list and saw that there isn't a amp for magnetic fields. Are they still researching or did they stop?
Is there any research for a new amp?
Is there any amp that can manipulate kinetic forces?
Can I have some books to read?

"There is a magnetic amp, it's just not listed. Costs the same as the Manipulator. "
"If new data becomes available, yes. A new amp was actually just invented recently."
"The vector amp does that, more or less."
"What subject?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: July 23, 2012, 05:00:25 pm »

Jim set that aside and continued making swords, according to this list...

1. Another reiterpallasch
2. A katana, because someone probably wants one
3. A claymore
4. A macuahuitl
5. A kilij
6. A bolo knife
7. A gladius
8. A xiphos
9. A falcata

(I'm not sure if I have enough scrap metal for all of them, but hopefully I can make a few.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:23:29 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: July 23, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »

Jim set that aside and continued making swords.

(Can I just pull a PyroDesu here and just get all of this forging condensed into a single turn? Otherwise it's just going to be me quoting this post for actions until I run out of metal... >.>)

((Try making several different kinds of swords, too. Have a selection.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: July 23, 2012, 05:06:37 pm »

((I wouldn't mind a small sword also, but preferably used for slashing. Rapiers, I think they're called. Just something to hang at my belt if I get into close combat

I'd only pay a token though, maybe 2 if it was really good.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:08:25 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: July 23, 2012, 05:08:01 pm »

(@Pyro: I s'pose I could.

@Orb: You'd want that reiterpallasch then. It's basically a rapier with slashing capabilities.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: July 23, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »

(@Pyro: I s'pose I could.

@Orb: You'd want that reiterpallasch then. It's basically a rapier with slashing capabilities.)

((I would request a sword myself, but it wouldn't stay original for long. And I already have some half-decent melee capability.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:38 pm »

(Either I have deja vu or you made that exact same post awhile back, PD. O.o

@Orb: Sure, I don't expect more than two tokens for anything I make. Unless I get explicitly told that this sword is so good it merits more, anyway. ^^^)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: July 23, 2012, 05:29:04 pm »

Risk it.  I could probably do the cover shot thing, but I don't want to waste more laser.  Also, it makes it more exciting!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: July 23, 2012, 05:51:15 pm »

"Oh- oh good, it's Bishop.  Bishie, help me!  I'm about to, to, something bad's about to happen to me!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: July 23, 2012, 06:43:11 pm »

"You're damn right about something bad. That would be me. And don't call me Bishie or I'll gouge your eyes out."

Bishop calmly walks over to stand next to Mesk's bed and leans over to stare at him before calmly speaking again.

"Tell me, do you know what you've done?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:26 pm »

"Oh dear.  Yes... let's see... should I start with, with my birth?  Or just the f-first thing I can remember?"
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 2101