_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936715 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4710 on: July 23, 2012, 03:05:24 am »

((@Remalle, Caellath Now that you say it, I think a have an idea about where to apply the concept. I've had thoughts on making a kinetic amplifier-tipped heavy lance for airborne charges, and it should probably benefit from the idea the most - just strap on some thrusters on its back end, carefully aligned along the weapons axis, designed to kick-in when it is thrust (or possibly manually triggered), and there comes to be not so much need for 'precise maneuvring', especially that the user is supposed to be wearing a Mk III and that should do the job. So, will Milno tinker the prototype, or shall I do that?
@Zako Be careful, Mesk seems to be under Jim's protection. Surely, it won't stop Bishop, but he might lose an eyeball as well.
@piecewise Have a good rest!  :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 23, 2012, 03:11:59 am »

((Sweet dreams, piecewise. Possibly dreams of all the things we're going to inflict upon ourselves. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:01 am »

((@Nikitian: Yeah, the idea of a piercing weapon is actually the one I'd rather put a kinetic amplifier on. I was thinking about it, hence the "piledriver" design, which takes it to extremes. The problem of that lance is that it could be a little expensive for something you may need to/are going to throw at the enemy. I'd add a very long dettachable reeling mechanism with a chain connected to the spear glued to the forearm.

In fact, I'd say Jim could spend part of his scrap metal with piercing weapons, since they are simpler and very effective.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:46:36 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 23, 2012, 03:38:05 am »

((He might be, but he would probably be the most understanding about what Bishop's going to do as well. If there was one person he would turn a blind eye to when they call for help, it's probably Mesk.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 23, 2012, 03:50:08 am »

((@Caellath Actually, why throwing? Just make sure the arm is very tightly secured on the handle, possibly protected by a shielding of sorts, leaving not a chance of moving and thus breaking it, and make the whole weapon out of an advanced material, also less likely to break or deform.
Then get high into the air, and dive for the target, assisting yourself with the rocket pods and correcting your course in order not to crash into the ground.
Just like the regular knightly charge, only instead of a heavy horse supplying you with momentum I suggest using the Mk III suit and, possibly, gravity.

And yes, piercing weapons should also have better weight to token ratio, so I agree with your advice to Jim. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 23, 2012, 04:00:28 am »

((@Nikitian: Because throwing an amp-tipped spear may save me a possible aux. roll for a melee charge with the MkIII depending on the needed speed. As mentioned, "may need to throw": since a spear with an amp and rocket pods must be expensive, having the possibility of throwing and recovering it if the swiftness needed for the melee charge would ask for an aux. roll is a good option. Less movements and less problems.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:43:35 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 23, 2012, 04:14:17 am »

(( Well, you are probably right. Either going that way or maybe a program can be devised to take all the calculations of the dive and the thrust for you, so it could all be wrapped up in a single Aux roll. Still, that would make it even more expensive, you are right. ))
Past Sigs

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: July 23, 2012, 05:11:57 am »

((Hey, just returned from my trip. I learned about Thrak's end. I don't feel good about it :(. How's the mission going? Any permadeaths yet? [Too lazy to read 20+ pages right now]))

After the doctor fixed the damage that Lukas incurred during his battle to the death with Thrak he went back to grab his weapons and put them back in his locker. In his way over to the locker he kept replaying his battle with Thrak in his thoughts. He felt relieved that he was still alive but at the same time he felt uneasy about the fact that he just killed a teammate. He didn't know what the others would think. Did they even know about what happened back there?

After putting his weapons back in the locker, Lukas walked back to the infirmary to see if he could find the doctor.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: July 23, 2012, 05:14:10 am »

(Zako, I never knew a person could be so wrong. :P Mesk is the person that, even above Milno and Feyri, Jim would rush over to aid. He already broke the dude's spine twice, so he feels pretty guilty about it and is trying to look out for him, as a sort of reparation for wrongdoings. Besides... as I just said, Mesk's already had his back broke twice, why do you need to take an eye from him, too? I'm surprised he's not also addicted to painkillers given how many he's probably taken after the two missions he's been on. XD

@Ninja Prosperus: Nope. Some UST between Simus and Mason, as well as Mason and the guide, but that's about it. Oh, and Thomas sliced his hand open on a tree.

EDIT: wait, just caught up on the thread myself, I didn't realize Feyri got pwnt. Goddamnit. >.< Now I'm making swords for no reason since I don't have any buyers... that's two tokens wasted.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:18:39 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: July 23, 2012, 05:31:01 am »

((Guilty about temporarily crippling a person who does horrible things to other people, which include killing a childs family infront of her, addicting people with overdoses of drugs, false medical treatment to seriously injured people and overall general dickery? I think he should not feel guilty in the least. Also, he was also partly responsible for shutting you down on the asteroid base, and jim seems to HATE that.

Plus he can recover fine from a broken spine, but he'll need a replacement for a missing eye. Something to remind him to think before he acts, as Bishop see's it. Plus, he is seriously pissed off at him so he needs to let off steam before he does something to someone who doesn't deserve it.

And you could always sell those swords for more tokens than you bought the metal for. ;) ))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 23, 2012, 05:34:48 am »

((You know what? I am going to try and catch up anyway. :)))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 23, 2012, 05:38:58 am »

I don't have any buyers

(Feyri was the only person who wanted a sword, and she's dead since the medics on the team are gonna just loot the corpse and move on instead of doing their damn job. So yeah, wasted purchase. >.< As for the rest... Jim's also partly responsible since he said 'yeah go ahead and check them medically' knowing full well Mesk's doctoring style, and he didn't do anything to stop him after the first one, so I can't put that one on him. I can't say anything about the second, that was a mistake yeah. The next is at least Remalle is staying in character; I'm not going to take a moral high road just because the dude got shitty rolls for Int and Medical and is staying true to the character.

And I don't think he was the only person wanting me shut down on that mission, or at the very least no one else protested which is the same as agreeing with it. And the first time I broke his spine was payback for that, so we're equal on that score. I suggest - if it's really about Bishop blowing off steam - you make your own simulation in VR and just mutilate Mesk repeatedly in a variety of interesting ways that you can't do while on the Sword. Taking one of his eyes is only going to make him have worse medical skills than he already does. >.> Do you really want him trying to assist without any depth perception?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: July 23, 2012, 05:48:12 am »

((I don't want him assisting at all to be honest. You won't have these problems, thanks to your robot body, but having your dislocated limbs kicked by an idiot who calls himself a doctor is kinda useless as a medic, depth perception present or not.

Still, if you REALLY feel that way, then fine. I won't do any permanent damage. Just superficial. He'll function normally, as well as someone who's had their spine put back together twice that is, but he'll be scared shitless cause he'll know Bishop will go through with it if he goes over the line. Would be kinda interesting for Bishop, storywise, for him to resist the inner temptation literally telling him in person to kill Mesk now that I think about it...))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:07 am »

(Don't worry, if Jim gets killed then like I said before I'm age-progressing that little girl and playing her next. And I'll be the only actual damn medic on the ship apparently. >.< But I'm sure if you still want to hurt Mesk by then you could easily talk her into it... :3

Anyway, say what you will about Mesk's doctoring style, but at least he has one. That's more than you can say for literally every other fleshtech on board. Well, I guess Maurice did break Mesk's nose, but that's about it.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:52:18 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: July 23, 2012, 05:51:29 am »

((Charro would probably buy a sword, if only to remind him of his aristocratic earlier life.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 2101