_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933119 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Meskspotting
« Reply #4635 on: July 20, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »

Jim sighed. "Damn it. Well, thanks anyway. They cost two tokens if I remember correctly? I'll just wait until I have enough for both that and the synthbody, then come back. See you later." The feeling of nakedness without it, having his face exposed - even though he technically didn't have a face - was really starting to set him on edge. He didn't know what to do with himself at the moment, so he returned to the barracks and lay down on the bunk that he thought of as his. I wonder if there's another way to earn tokens. I just need twelve more, but that's three missions. Maybe two if I can rack up enough bonus objectives.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:12 pm »

I wonder if there's another way to earn tokens. I just need twelve more, but that's three missions. Maybe two if I can rack up enough bonus objectives.
(Enter and win my bed race for some quick tokens?)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 20, 2012, 08:38:21 pm »

I wonder if there's another way to earn tokens. I just need twelve more, but that's three missions. Maybe two if I can rack up enough bonus objectives.
(Enter and win my bed race for some quick tokens?)

((Fix'd))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 20, 2012, 08:47:49 pm »

(I'm not going to break Mesk's spine that way, you can forget about it. :P)

EDIT @ IO: (Nope. On the other hand I'm not much for tinkering, though... >.>)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:51:02 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 20, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »

((Anyone else noticed that being on missions gives you all sorts of awesome ideas to try out in VR or ask someone about?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 20, 2012, 08:50:17 pm »

((Kinda. I should have put a grip on my blade-hat to allow for close-quarters-combat. Since I would really rather not throw it, miss, and lose the thing in the endless darkness.
Also bed-racing! Damnit Mesk, why'd you have to wait til I was on-mission?! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 20, 2012, 08:53:35 pm »

((Damn.  Looks like that Handiwork thing is coming to bite me in the ass.)) 

Seeing as barricading isn't going to work, take inventory of house.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 20, 2012, 09:16:42 pm »

Bishop stares back at the thing on the ceiling and raises an eyebrow.

"This must be the drugs kicking in. Huh. I'd say you look better than you normally do, but that would be a lie. You never look good."

Relax. These things can't do anything to you, so you might as well chill out for awhile and wait until the proceedure is done.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 20, 2012, 09:46:06 pm »

((Grappling hook gun. How do? Can any of you guys help?))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 20, 2012, 10:01:43 pm »

((Quick idea: Take average gun, expand barrel, put a 'plate' with a hole in the center, then put a grappling hook in it! Have a very strong 'rope' ((Those carbon nanotubes come to mind. It is the future, they should be used in many constructions, or there might be something even better)) attached to it, going through a hole in the back and collecting in some container. When you fire the gun, the force pushes the 'plate' out, which fits almost perfectly in the barrel, pushing the grappling hook out with it. Eventually the grappling hook will go faster than the plate, due to air friction, and the plate will slide back to the inside of the gun. The grappling hook will keep going and hook up on whatever. Could use gunpowder for the burst, like an old flintlock. - Note: I know next to nothing about guns. I may not even be correct in my understanding of a flintlock))

Just brainstorming is all. Forming the 'burst chamber' will be the trickiest part, I'd imagine

"Edit" Or you could do something using the magnetic rails or whatever the Gauss guns use. But I don't know how Piecewise envisioned them, so I can't help you there. Plus, there wouldn't be that many style points.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:09:10 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 20, 2012, 10:17:35 pm »

((Quick idea: Take average gun, expand barrel, put a 'plate' with a hole in the center, then put a grappling hook in it! Have a very strong 'rope' ((Those carbon nanotubes come to mind. It is the future, they should be used in many constructions, or there might be something even better)) attached to it, going through a hole in the back and collecting in some container. When you fire the gun, the force pushes the 'plate' out, which fits almost perfectly in the barrel, pushing the grappling hook out with it. Eventually the grappling hook will go faster than the plate, due to air friction, and the plate will slide back to the inside of the gun. The grappling hook will keep going and hook up on whatever. Could use gunpowder for the burst, like an old flintlock. - Note: I know next to nothing about guns. I may not even be correct in my understanding of a flintlock))

Just brainstorming is all. Forming the 'burst chamber' will be the trickiest part, I'd imagine

"Edit" Or you could do something using the magnetic rails or whatever the Gauss guns use. But I don't know how Piecewise envisioned them, so I can't help you there. Plus, there wouldn't be that many style points.))

((Gauss is another name for a coilgun, which works with electromagnetic coils switching on to pull a bullet down the barrel, then turning back off as it passes.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 20, 2012, 10:23:21 pm »

((So, magnetic bullets then? Interesting. A lot of research going into that right now.

I suppose it might work with a magnetic grappling hook, but it'd have to be small or you'd need a long barrel. Probably both))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:24:59 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: July 20, 2012, 10:38:34 pm »

((I was wondering if pressurized gas would work, because that would most likely be much cheaper than using gunpowder, in the era of lasers and gauss rifles.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:46 pm »

Brother Lars surveyed his handiwork.  Well, it was handmade clothing, at least- the Gazer would approve.  Lars discarded his shirt and donned the robe.

Now dressed appropriately, he set out on his next quest.  Accessing one of the computers, he set to work writing a pamphlet.  It was a standard one, describing a people without hope who had come to find the Gazer, and the wisdom and understanding following him brought.  On the back page was the following parable:

Three men were walking in the woods one day, and came upon a treasure concealed in the dirt.  The men agreed to split it three ways.

The first man took his share and spent it all on wild parties and fast living, and equally fast had spent it all; indeed, driving him into debt by spending more than its value.

The second man invested the wealth, but did so without wisdom; his venture failed, and he was left with nothing.

The third man trusted in the will of the Gazer, and left the treasure where it was found; he continued his walk in the woods, and came upon a waterfall.  Living there was a wise old man, who took the man into his home and shared the true treasure of wisdom and contemplation, a treasures whose glint would not fade.

He finished up, and printed enough pamphlets to put two on every table and keep a handful for himself to distribute.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4649 on: July 20, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »

((Damn.  Looks like that Handiwork thing is coming to bite me in the ass.)) 

Seeing as barricading isn't going to work, take inventory of house.
Whenever you lack a skill, it shall always come back and bite you. This is just the nature of things.

The house would be pretty small even if half of it wasn't collapsed. Besides the room you started in there's a bedroom and half a kitchen remaining, the rest is all rubble. The kitchen looks like it was pretty heavily looted, lacking anything but bare counters and stripped cabinets; not even the stove has been left behind. The bedroom is a bit less picked over, probably because of the skeleton lying in the bed. Even so, from a quick glace, you can't see anything of value as a weapon or barricade, save for the bed itself.

Bishop stares back at the thing on the ceiling and raises an eyebrow.

"This must be the drugs kicking in. Huh. I'd say you look better than you normally do, but that would be a lie. You never look good."

Relax. These things can't do anything to you, so you might as well chill out for awhile and wait until the proceedure is done.
The 7 eyed, 7 horned sheep clops into bed with you and stands over you, face to face.

"He's going to kill you."

((Grappling hook gun. How do? Can any of you guys help?))
An int roll may serve you here.

((I was wondering if pressurized gas would work, because that would most likely be much cheaper than using gunpowder, in the era of lasers and gauss rifles.))
As long as you have a Sabot, anything can work if it fits in the barrel.

Brother Lars surveyed his handiwork.  Well, it was handmade clothing, at least- the Gazer would approve.  Lars discarded his shirt and donned the robe.

Now dressed appropriately, he set out on his next quest.  Accessing one of the computers, he set to work writing a pamphlet.  It was a standard one, describing a people without hope who had come to find the Gazer, and the wisdom and understanding following him brought.  On the back page was the following parable:

Three men were walking in the woods one day, and came upon a treasure concealed in the dirt.  The men agreed to split it three ways.

The first man took his share and spent it all on wild parties and fast living, and equally fast had spent it all; indeed, driving him into debt by spending more than its value.

The second man invested the wealth, but did so without wisdom; his venture failed, and he was left with nothing.

The third man trusted in the will of the Gazer, and left the treasure where it was found; he continued his walk in the woods, and came upon a waterfall.  Living there was a wise old man, who took the man into his home and shared the true treasure of wisdom and contemplation, a treasures whose glint would not fade.

He finished up, and printed enough pamphlets to put two on every table and keep a handful for himself to distribute.
[Handiwork:6]
"That wisdom of course being that you shouldn't trust creepy old hermits living in the woods because they'll club you to death in the night and eat your body."

Done. You print that out and start spreading them out. Hmm. Wonder if you should have proof read that.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 2101