_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931917 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4620 on: July 20, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »

((Shouldnt she be in her older teens by now?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: July 20, 2012, 04:03:24 pm »

((Great, let's rob a small child of her innocence and youth, then make her work for us, ripping people apart and being turned into robotic monstrosities.))
((Well, she is already an orphan, as well as the only survivor of her village from a murdering former black ops psychopath whose existence was covered up. That kind of backstory just screams elite soldier!

Sure, it'd be "saner" and "healthier" and generally just better for her to forget about it and move on, but where's the drama in that? :P))

((I'm not sure an exact age was ever given.

But, teens is fine for being a murdering psychopath. That's the way we did it in the old times!

I also doubt the Sword would make precisely the right distance trip to go pick her up. I kind of doubt the Sword would make any adjustments to its movement at all, actually.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »

((Yeah. She's either forgotten completely, or has been dwelling upon it. Mesk should go say hi.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:42 pm »

(( If for some reason she didn't go into stasis during the jump and the life support systems in other areas of the ship aren't turned off at that time either, then - yes.
Oh, if that was true, then it would mean that Mesk should probably await a friendly hug visit soon. Jim, take heed!  ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: July 20, 2012, 04:10:14 pm »

((Yeah. She's either forgotten completely, or has been dwelling upon it. Mesk should go say hi.))
((She is in the ship. The crew enters the stasis pods as well when travelling, so she is still a child.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: July 20, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »

((She is in the ship. The crew also enters the stasis pods as well when travelling, so she is still a child.))
((Yeah, I guess they would, because Steve does as well, or his equivalent of.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: July 20, 2012, 04:13:40 pm »

((Also I don't think we've been in stasis for fourteen of our years, I think we've been in stasis for thirty seconds or whatever but 14 years have passed objectively, similar to how normal really fast travel works. Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Found it.))
>Now, the problem is that, though the jumps are instantaneous for us, they're not so for the outside world. We “lose time”, so to speak. How much time varies and seems random at times but for the jump between here and the nearest point to the Abyss we estimate that we will lose between 12 and 15 years.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:15:33 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: July 20, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »

((Yes, relativistic space travels. We may spend one month, one week or even one hour making the jump through these holes in space, but in a planet 20 years may have passed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: July 20, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »

((Yes. Reminds me of when you start reaching the speed of light. As you get closer, time for 'you' slows down, while time for 'everyone' speeds up. It's been theorized that if some astronauts went careening on a spaceship for like 50 years going let's say 10,000 mph faster than Earth, they would have had only 49 birthdays in that time.. All rough estimates, of course))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4629 on: July 20, 2012, 05:19:23 pm »

((Why yes.  Yes I do.))

Heat metal, pound and seperate into nails with hard thing.
[Exo:4]
[Handi:4-1]

You successfully heat some scrap metal to a reasonably hot temperature and then begin smacking it against the floor with a brick, trying to shape it into a nail. The end result is a lot of noise and a handful of vaguely sharp chunks of metal.

Brother Lars fell out of the stasis pod onto the hard ship floor.  He stood, shook the remaining fluid off, and kneeled, offering a quick prayer of thanks for a safe trip.  Rising, he searches the containers and puts on the basic ship clothing, and wanders out into the hallway.

When someone passes by, he inquires as to where he could find basic supplies, and is directed to the armory.  Thanking him, Lars heads on to the armory.  He approaches the woman at the counter.

"Blessings of the Gazer to you!  I presume this is where we get supplies?  I would like some simple cloth and a sewing kit- these garments provide cover, but I believe I could be wearing better.  Also, do you have something I could use to produce pamphlets?"

Ask for the above.

Brother Lars fell out of the stasis pod onto the hard ship floor.  He stood, shook the remaining fluid off, and kneeled, offering a quick prayer of thanks for a safe trip.  Rising, he searches the containers and puts on the basic ship clothing, and wanders out into the hallway.

When someone passes by, he inquires as to where he could find basic supplies, and is directed to the armory.  Thanking him, Lars heads on to the armory.  He approaches the woman at the counter.

"Blessings of the Gazer to you!  I presume this is where we get supplies?  I would like some simple cloth and a sewing kit- these garments provide cover, but I believe I could be wearing better.  Also, do you have something I could use to produce pamphlets?"

Ask for the above.
The armory master hands you a tough, rather rough cloth and a sewing kit as wall as a stack of paper.

"There's a printer attached to the computers in the rec room. Go nuts."

Call over a doctor.

"Hey!  Lesser medic!  I need a robot arm!  And an estimated time of recovery!  And, and, and a spine!  Oh, and I need, um, to be connected to the VR machine.  Stat!"

A doctor, looking rather annoyed and mumbling about losing a bundle on that robot freak, looks over at you.

"Your bed moves and you should have feeling and movement back in your arms at least. "

She's still on the ship with you, just with the crew. You're all moving around in the same relative time.

((Yes. Reminds me of when you start reaching the speed of light. As you get closer, time for 'you' slows down, while time for 'everyone' speeds up. It's been theorized that if some astronauts went careening on a spaceship for like 50 years going let's say 10,000 mph faster than Earth, they would have had only 49 birthdays in that time.. All rough estimates, of course))
Actually, you can see the effects of it if you take a just a normal passenger plane over long distances. You end up being a second or two "behind" the rest of the world.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Meskspotting
« Reply #4630 on: July 20, 2012, 05:22:22 pm »

((Meh, the noise doesn't matter if I can block up the windows.  I want it to come anyways, I just want to fight on my terms.  No sniping for whatever I'm being hunted by.))

Board up windows.  After which, take an inventory of house.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: July 20, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »

"Thank you. Only one more question." Jim would have run his hand through his hair, had he any hair and his hand not so monstrously large that he might have accidentally ripped his head off with the motion. "When I was sent out on my first mission I was wearing my gas mask, and as far as I am aware it wasn't damaged when I was killed and was still on me when I was brought back on board. That must mean it's still around somewhere. If you have it, can I have it back please? If you don't, can you tell me where it is so I can go get it?" he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: July 20, 2012, 06:25:16 pm »

See how much movement I've regained.  If enough to control the bed enough to move around, wheel around the ship yelling "Hey everyone!  I'm setting up a bed racing league!  Head to the medical wing and get your bed if you want to get in on this!  Just a one token entrance fee!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:49 pm »

Smiling, Lars bows to the Armory Master.  "Thank you, kind lady.  May the Gazer guide your path.  For is it not written that when one with helps one without, two are blessed?"

He heads out into the halls, searching a flat place to work.  He finds his way to the rec room, where he sits at the table and begins to make a simple robe for himself.

((This kind of robe))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4634 on: July 20, 2012, 08:03:53 pm »

((Meh, the noise doesn't matter if I can block up the windows.  I want it to come anyways, I just want to fight on my terms.  No sniping for whatever I'm being hunted by.))

Board up windows.  After which, take an inventory of house.
[handi:3-1]
You take some loose wooden debris and try and nail it up over the remains of the windows. You succeed only in standing around, smacking wood with a brick for several minutes as the boards fall off almost as quickly as you put them on.

"Thank you. Only one more question." Jim would have run his hand through his hair, had he any hair and his hand not so monstrously large that he might have accidentally ripped his head off with the motion. "When I was sent out on my first mission I was wearing my gas mask, and as far as I am aware it wasn't damaged when I was killed and was still on me when I was brought back on board. That must mean it's still around somewhere. If you have it, can I have it back please? If you don't, can you tell me where it is so I can go get it?" he asked.
"If you were hurt badly enough to need that body then they probably just cut you out of your suit and tossed it and any other clothing you were wearing. Its probably been incinerated by now. Sorry."

See how much movement I've regained.  If enough to control the bed enough to move around, wheel around the ship yelling "Hey everyone!  I'm setting up a bed racing league!  Head to the medical wing and get your bed if you want to get in on this!  Just a one token entrance fee!"
Your arms do indeed move, so you begin hotroding around the ship in your bed at a blistering 3 miles an hour.

Smiling, Lars bows to the Armory Master.  "Thank you, kind lady.  May the Gazer guide your path.  For is it not written that when one with helps one without, two are blessed?"

He heads out into the halls, searching a flat place to work.  He finds his way to the rec room, where he sits at the table and begins to make a simple robe for himself.

((This kind of robe))
[handi:3] The thing you end up sewing...well its kinda like a robe...and kinda like a potato sack. It covers your junk at least.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 2101