_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930738 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4575 on: July 20, 2012, 01:09:05 am »

(I'm saving up for the full synthbody, which is 20 tokens, so after the next mission I survive if I end up with like 18 or 19 I might bum one or two off you so I can get it. Other than that, I really don't like to borrow money/items (you can ask the people in my PTA game XD), so Jim won't be bugging Bishop about it any time soon.)

((You've already got the arms, so I think it'd only be 12 tokens for the rest of it, since the arms themselves are 8 tokens.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 20, 2012, 01:18:03 am »

((Wait, wait. What happened to Thrak?

What happened to Toaster?!

I liked the man! And I never even met him!  :'())

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: July 20, 2012, 01:19:33 am »

(I'm saving up for the full synthbody, which is 20 tokens, so after the next mission I survive if I end up with like 18 or 19 I might bum one or two off you so I can get it. Other than that, I really don't like to borrow money/items (you can ask the people in my PTA game XD), so Jim won't be bugging Bishop about it any time soon.)

((You've already got the arms, so I think it'd only be 12 tokens for the rest of it, since the arms themselves are 8 tokens.))
((Discounts might not work that way, though, since they're likely used to creating the entire body all at once. They're also apparently "modular," though, so maybe they do.

Of course, even if they're not he could possibly sell them to someone else. I'm sure there's someone out there willing to buy +1 Str synthetic arms.))

((I know, it was awful! D: Couldn't the Doctor have just had two subjects, or waited for one to die, or fused them into a two-headed ogrebot?! D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 20, 2012, 01:28:06 am »

Synth-flesh things
((Yeah. Actually, the full-body prosthesis is quite cheap. The Neurophotonic Spinal Column alone costs 14 tokens, the CamEyes 5, then Synth-Legs and Arms for 8+8...I think they come in pairs. Yeah, so Jim could sell his current arms sometime in the future and actually get the full-body prosthesis faster, with new non-gorilla arms.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 20, 2012, 01:36:36 am »

((I know, it was awful! D: Couldn't the Doctor have just had two subjects, or waited for one to die, or fused them into a two-headed ogrebot?! D:
((Two brains, working as one, literally.

Ahh well, just how it goes  :'(

Hmm...can any of you rich token convicts establish a memorial plaque to those who died? Officially established?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: July 20, 2012, 01:41:07 am »

((Two brains, working as one, literally.

Ahh well, just how it goes  :'(

Hmm...can any of you rich token convicts establish a memorial plaque to those who died? Officially established?))
((I'm thinking painting or carving their names on our armor is the closest we're going to get to a memorial for anyone. Steve... does not seem very sentimental.

And in his defense it'd basically just be names across the walls of every corridor in the ship.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 20, 2012, 01:43:56 am »

((Milno's would write everyone's epitaph:

"In memory of *****, who died as he/she/it lived: Like a complete idiot."))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 20, 2012, 03:05:06 am »

(( Alas, poor Thrak! I knew him, Steve; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy... :(

Actually, I thought Jim would go Erik's way - getting the full-body prosthetics AND keeping to extra arms. They are probably not giving the full price for the arms, so I think keeping those would be more effective.
Though it may get him the attention of Faith, so that might yet be a terrible idea. Or wonderful, depending on yout point of view.

As for the plaque - I don't think it is going to cost anything, or at least it is going be cheap - as long as we keep from using weapon-grade (or excessively rare) materials for it. Might want to spend a few tokens on AM's craftwork, though - it seems she is largely unaffected by the roll to fail/overshot mechanic. A big dynamic bonus for handiwork, perhaps? We'll probably never know, though. ))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:09:09 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 20, 2012, 03:42:37 am »

(Why would he get Faith's attention? Is she attracted to guys built like Goro?

...Oh, wait, I get it, nvm. Too bad though. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 20, 2012, 08:15:23 am »

((@Nikitian: Love Triangle? Faith x (Goro) Jim x Feyri. Who would murder the hypotenuse?

And the armory master is an Ace. If one of us had beaten 27 missions, our chosen stats and skills would also be very high, and I believe her stats may be distributed based on the RtD's system.))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: July 20, 2012, 08:34:52 am »

((It occurs to me I never properly congratulated Lukas.  Well done, and enjoy your tenure with Doctor Mephistopheles.

That said, character number two!))

Name:  Brother Lars
Appearance:  A 5'11" man of a slightly stocky build.  Has close-cropped brown hair with a touch of grey.  Hazel eyes and no facial hair.  Has a tendency to look around curiously with a faint smile on his face, as if he is regarding the world in silent wonder.
Personal information: Brother Lars, a Speaker of the unpopular Gazer Sek religious sect, is an extremely devout man who acts with the divine assurance that everything he does is backed up by divine will and command.  He fears little, as he knows that should he die in a horrible accident, he will go to the afterlife in the service of the Gazer. 
As a Speaker, he is charged with spreading the message of the Gazer to others, though he understands that many have no room for religion in this world of technology.  Instead, he sprinkles his speech with platitudes and distributes pamphlets to those he meets.  He also commits acts of savage violence in the name of the Gazer.
The Gazer is a god of personal introspection, following divine command, and acting always in the name of the Gazer.  Violence is not a central tenet, but divine retribution against those who directly act against the Gazer is, which is what led Brother Lars to the HMRC.  Lars was preaching his message in a public park, where he was roughly assaulted by a trio of officers who were tired of listening to him.  One of them made the mistake of ripping his prayer book to shreds.  Lars, standing back up after the beating, was filled with divine purpose.
Having trained in weaponry in his past, he assembled his weaponry, gathered a couple followers, and assaulted the local precinct.  After a drawn out gun battle resulting in the destruction of the station, many deaths, and the loss of all of his followers, Brother Lars was captured.  He was quickly processed, thrown on a prison ship, and sent off to the HMRC.
Reason assigned to HMRC:  Firebombing and shooting up a police station
Stats:
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 3
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: 3
Skills:
Speech: 1
Intuition: 0
Handiwork: 1
Conventional Weapons: 3
Unconventional Weapons: 0
Exotic weapons: 0
Auxiliary systems: 0
Medical tech: 0
Profession:  Grunt  (+1 Conventional, -1 Medical)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 20, 2012, 09:39:29 am »

(You'd have to get past Jim as well, because I don't look kindly on anyone attacking anyone else on the team while I'm around. Even if I do want to mug Bishop myself since as I remember Jim basically lugged the HDDSM around up and down the elevator shaft, fixed the elevator, and got the thing to the ship so he should have gotten more tokens out of its recovery than Bishop, who just hooked the damn thing up and told it to download. But that's neither here nor there. :3)
((This, on anyone trying to hurt Bishop.

Beware, muggers.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4587 on: July 20, 2012, 10:36:07 am »

He called us all Bro
Hunted a killer with booze
Fell by laser fire

Alas, we may never have a kegger mission again. :'(

Bad karma- he left the keg behind; a clear sin.

I assume Toaster will make another character. Perhaps this one can be a rocket scientist with a meth addiction as opposed to a drunk surfer :P

I guess that answers my question if the death was permanent or not.  And overdrive... well, I completely forgot about it.  Crap.  What'd it do?

I'll absolutely come back, given some time to ponder a new character.  I could always play the straight man against the other twisted insane freaks out there.
Overdrive would basically have boosted your strength and dexterity and made you move insanely quickly. So quickly that you would get a dexterity roll for dodging bullets. You could only keep it going for a short time but hey, there you go.

((They all know that if they mugged Bishop, he would promply snap their necks in their sleep/slice them open in the infirmary with a knife and take ALL their tokens as well as his own. The man is a serious kind of dude, don't mess with him.

Also, remember that I bought the extra fast healing treatment, so you may want to change the total number of tokens I currently have to reflect that, not to mention that I have also given tokens to Mesk, Feyri and Jim when I got back from the mission I was on with them. Make sure you check your totals again please.))

"Ballin'. Making money by doing nothing, that's how it's done! Lovely.

So Steve, about that gauss gattling gun... Mind if you can get a copy of those schematics for me? I'd like to take a look at that thing. Also, WHERE THE HELL IS THE DOCTOR?!"

>The one in Lukas is custom. You could always just look at lukas though.

Just as you're screaming about the Doctor, he steps in.

"Good. Now. Second phase." He says while walking to the machine. He hits a couple of buttons on the control panel, nods to himself, and walks out.

You're just about to yell for him to come back when Mesk crawls in through the open door. On the ceiling. He twists his head 180 degrees to face you and winks.

Choose Urban.
The program spits you out in the center of a ruined suburban living room, surrounded by dust, rotting furniture and broken windows. Light streams in through the windows to the west.

((The more we discuss it, the more it sounds like a good idea.))
And thus the seeds of anarchy are sown.

Wallow in self-pity.
You wonder why no one likes you.

((Discounts might not work that way, though, since they're likely used to creating the entire body all at once. They're also apparently "modular," though, so maybe they do.

Of course, even if they're not he could possibly sell them to someone else. I'm sure there's someone out there willing to buy +1 Str synthetic arms.))

Actually it's not just +1 str, It's +1 conventional weapons and +1 anything having to do with your arms.

((It occurs to me I never properly congratulated Lukas.  Well done, and enjoy your tenure with Doctor Mephistopheles.

That said, character number two!))

Name:  Brother Lars
Appearance:  A 5'11" man of a slightly stocky build.  Has close-cropped brown hair with a touch of grey.  Hazel eyes and no facial hair.  Has a tendency to look around curiously with a faint smile on his face, as if he is regarding the world in silent wonder.
Personal information: Brother Lars, a Speaker of the unpopular Gazer Sek religious sect, is an extremely devout man who acts with the divine assurance that everything he does is backed up by divine will and command.  He fears little, as he knows that should he die in a horrible accident, he will go to the afterlife in the service of the Gazer. 
As a Speaker, he is charged with spreading the message of the Gazer to others, though he understands that many have no room for religion in this world of technology.  Instead, he sprinkles his speech with platitudes and distributes pamphlets to those he meets.  He also commits acts of savage violence in the name of the Gazer.
The Gazer is a god of personal introspection, following divine command, and acting always in the name of the Gazer.  Violence is not a central tenet, but divine retribution against those who directly act against the Gazer is, which is what led Brother Lars to the HMRC.  Lars was preaching his message in a public park, where he was roughly assaulted by a trio of officers who were tired of listening to him.  One of them made the mistake of ripping his prayer book to shreds.  Lars, standing back up after the beating, was filled with divine purpose.
Having trained in weaponry in his past, he assembled his weaponry, gathered a couple followers, and assaulted the local precinct.  After a drawn out gun battle resulting in the destruction of the station, many deaths, and the loss of all of his followers, Brother Lars was captured.  He was quickly processed, thrown on a prison ship, and sent off to the HMRC.
Reason assigned to HMRC:  Firebombing and shooting up a police station
Stats:
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 3
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: 3
Skills:
Speech: 1
Intuition: 0
Handiwork: 1
Conventional Weapons: 3
Unconventional Weapons: 0
Exotic weapons: 0
Auxiliary systems: 0
Medical tech: 0
Profession:  Grunt  (+1 Conventional, -1 Medical)
Got it. Welcome back!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:48:19 am by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:38 am »

((Woo!  Now, to start pestering people when I roll out of the stasis sludge...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 20, 2012, 11:04:06 am »

Bishop stares back at Mesk, at first confused, but then very, very angry but decidedly calm and serious.

"When I'm done with this treatment, I'm going to cut out that eye you just winked at me with. Mark my words, I'll be coming for you soon enough."

Remember which eye he winked at me with. Make sure not to forget it.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 2101