_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931634 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4545 on: July 19, 2012, 12:33:44 pm »

((Is the mission already full?))

If not, join mission, purchasing a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier, Painkillers and a Hand Laser.

If so, cry deeply.  And buy junk anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:21 pm »

((It's full, but that gives you time to catch up to the thread/flavor, and mess around on ship.  The last couple missions didn't take that long.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: July 19, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »

Well, I suppose I'll go and test out the limitations of the Microwave Amplifier with the Artificial Reality Simulator doohickey.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: July 19, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »

"Steve, where's the doctor?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4549 on: July 19, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »

Why, I can fix it. If that is what you really want me to do.
Fix it. (Then go on with the deposited action)
See you soon!
(( Awesome Medicine time! ))
[med:2+1] You pull his now very broken nose off his face and shrug. Good enough!

After buying an emergency kit from the armory you hop into a stasis pod.

Alright, new plan.

First create what are essentially brass knuckles, consisting of a force generator, kinetic amps, and channelers.

Test out two methods for actually generating the force- some sort of mechanical device that fires on command, and the weight-punching method of the bat.

Test out the design with one, two and three kinetic amps along the surface, with matching force generators, of course.

Test out three different shapes for channeling the resulting shockwave. The first in a thin straight line, like the Doctor's bat. The second in a highly focused point, and the third in a much more diffuse, generally unshaped pattern.

It's alright if the design becomes less "brass knuckles" and more "oversized gauntlets," but they have to remain feasible for someone like me to wield as part of an exoskeleton, at least.

Then attempt to build a long-distance shockwave sword/baton thing. Essentially a rod of whatever length it needs to be. At the tip, there's a mechanical device, likely a piston or similar, that fires rapidly against an amplifier aimed straight up and through a channeling thing. The piston is activated and deactivated by a switch on the handle.

The intended effect, then, is that the user can activate the device to start generating shockwaves from the tip, and can further swing this around to "throw" shockwaves in a particular shape, similar to how one might create arcs of water with a hose.

As with the fist-mounted project, this can get kind of big, but has to remain feasible using mechanical support, and preferably without.

Then, at long last, get in the pods. Save work first, and set it to unlock/become available on my death, if that's not default.

Lets see here...your gauntlet thing works and can be kept reasonably small using the same sort of actuators the doctor's gun used. As per the directional stuff, the point is probably the most destructive of the 3 because it's gonna drill holes into things.

Your sword idea is interesting though it has problems. First being that the amp has a battery, but that can be overcome with a good generator. Second being that that thing is gonna have to fire like crazy to get a semi-continuous "Blade". That means massive energy consumption plus parts breaking down after a while. Now, if you were to make something along the lines of a thrusting weapon, such as a spear, that could work like the gauntlet to basically create a "shockwave spike" with each thrust.

Thats my last post for tonight. Y'all get one more post before I huck you in the pods, so make it good.

((PW, I wanted to remind you that I will be gone for four days from tomorrow and I won't be able to post. Maybe Caellath wants to help me finish the fight with Thrak and after that Lukas should recover for a few days? - if he wins, of course. Otherwise, there won't be a problem...Other than this empty space in my heart :'())
You can let Caellath finish the fight if it goes that long. The after fight can wait, basically, till you get back.

"Alright, I'll bet 2 tokens on Lukas. That seems reasonable enough. What other weapons do each of them have?"

>Lukas has a bunch of guns, gauss Gatling gun, shotgun, tesla arc, etc. Thrak...well now he only has half as many guns.

Do a quick hop into VR to check basic suit functions, then log off, get my gear in order, and get stasis'd.
The basic suit's only real functions are that it has a camera, lights, and light amplification systems. That and the fact that it's pretty much perfectly insulated against cold, and pretty well against heat.

Stasis'd.

Charro sighed at the ship's surprising lack of haberdashers. "Well, great." He glanced at the time on his wrist computer.
"Looks like I'll have to do this myself. Hope this works." He frowned, placed the materials on the counter and tried to work out how to thread a needle. "Ugh. Why don't we have robots to do this sort of thing?"

>Assemble throwing-blade-hat myself! It can't be too hard, right?!

>Then head to stasis. Quickly.

[handi:3-1]
You stare at the hat in confusion.
[handi:5-1]
You manage to get it together, though it doesn't look pretty. The catches are easily noticeable, the blade is equally obvious, and the entire thing is kinda crumpled looking. But it works.

Stasis'd

((Frack. . . . . really. . . . . 200+ pages to catch up with. . . . .))
Victor scurries around quizzically, looking for some junk metal, a loose sheet, a few screws and screwdrivers, and a glue like substance. Once he locates them all and gets some of them, into the vents he goes.
Gonna have to ask the armory master for that kind of stuff, it's not just laying around.

Also yeah, this game moves a bit fast, especially compared to other games around here.

"Damn, bro!"

Use the cleaver to chop off his weaponry, starting with arms.
Lukas spots the spherical capsule in Thrak's chest. I guess I have found your little hiding place...Whoever you are.

Lukas shoots both his gauss gatling gun and his cutting laser at the spherical capsule in Thrak's chest. He orders the laser drones to do the same. If Thrak gets close again, use tesla arc.
[thrak dex:4+1]
[lukas dex:1-2]
[thrak str: 4]
[Lukas end:5+2]
[drone con:4
[Lukas con:6+1]
[thrak end:3+1]
In a last desperate attempt, Thrak lashes out with his blade, embedding it in Lukas' hand and blocking the Gatling gun's barrel. Lukas wraps his hand around the blade, holding it in place as he takes aim with his other hand. His drones converge their fire on Thrak's chest, their concentrated beams heating his core red hot. Lukas thrusts his hand into the remnants of the cyborg's chest and places the barrel of his cutting laser directly against the core as he fires. The core glows yellow then white and melts away. Thrak's body flails randomly as it's organic controller burns and then goes limp.

Lukas drops the body and rips the blade from his hand as the Doctor walks up beside him.

"Good. Very good." He says, looking at Thrak's remains. "I wonder why he didn't use his overdrive? No matter." He turns and walks off toward the door "The doctors in the infirmary will fix whatever minor damage you've received."

(Thrak is dead.)

>Maurice has lost 2 tokens. He is broke.
>Bishop and Thomas have gained 6 tokens. Their totals are 25 and 7 respectively.

"I wanted it to stop something around the size of a gauss cannon round, since that last one worked well up to things a little bigger than a softball...I'm leaving soon but since you have your special types of gauss ammo, do you have anything you created you are fond or proud of?"

Check the price of the avatar cloak, Chem-off paint and common EMP grenades (also check if any of them has a "sticky" mode with focused disruption). After that, send a request for the techies to create an "auto-dodge" module for the suit, to be turned on and off separately from the "counter-impact" feature.

Buy the Cloak from the armory if I happen to have enough tokens.

((I'll post the rest of I what bought after Milno is thrown into the stasis pods, so no time is wasted.))

If Thomas still isn't in stasis: Milno walks to Thomas, grinning widely, and gives the latter his laser rifle-and-backpack thing.
"Hey, here it is. Tested it and it is useful. Try not to be a hero next time or you may end up leaving your 'girl' dissatisfied."
((VR Milno told him stuff.))
The avatar cloak, shrunk to your size, is 13 token, Enough chem-off paint to completely coat your suit is 4 token, and EMP grenades are (I feel like I priced these elsewhere...) 2 token each, with no sticky.  How would you like that auto-dodge to function, exactly?

"Well, one that would stop a gauss cannon, assuming non-nuclear tipped, obviously, would cost, oh, 8 to 10 and be good to stop maybe 5 things that size before it needs a new battery. When it comes to ammo...well I have these, but don't let anyone know I let you have em. They'll all want free shit too."

She gives you a magazine of shells with a G inscribed on it.

"Make sure to shoot from a bit of distance."

Requesting stats on the Modded Gauss Rifle, Feyri's Carry Weight, and current appearance.

And wait on Jim's response.

Well, you still have to attach that barrel and scope, but if you attach the barrel it gives you +1 medium, -1 short (thats on top of the normal stats, so 0 short all together.) and the scope gives you +1 to long when you use it.

As per carry weight....we don't really use that...but you're not carrying a stupid amount yet so you don't take penalties from it. 

And your appearance is...well the same as it's always been. You've not been injured beyond that broken leg from the first mission.
((Well, I'm glad I've a +1 to conventional weaponry rolls!

Also, I'm more glad that my shoulder bone has been fixed since the third mission!

Alsoalso, yay to non-stupid carry weight!))

((At least give her the hat, and candy, i want her to know were not all serial killers.))
((My friend, you only say that because you haven't yet entered the web of madness surrounding the ones who survive long enough.))
(^^)

Feyri walked through the hallway with a cheer in her step - after all the time in the V.R., at least she gleaned something from it, albeit unpractical and a deal most would scoff at for the lack of time. The Combat Shield would work well, perhaps like a pavise, maybe?

Not finding Jim in the usual Rec-sparring room, she moved to his personal Quarters and placed her final and last token on his pillow, just for him to find, before heading back to the stasis pods.

But before all that, attach that barrel and scope. If possible, detail the rifle with a greenish camouflage color coating.

Examine Combat Shield for it's sturdiness, and probability for an impact weapon, including it's flexibility and overall friction resistance.

"Rest well, Jim. We've passed the Styx, and our payment has returned. Hope to see you and the others soon," she said to nobody in particular - due to the fact that nobody else was there to hear her at the moment.

Looking at the Rifle, perhaps she should've spent more time in modifying than creating. "I'm really starting to wonder what technologies are available to the HMRC."

((None of us are...dying of old age, right?))

You give your last token to jim, assemble and paint your rifle, and look at your shield. The shield looks like it's fairly sturdy, probably able to stop a gauss round or two, and could be used to beat someone over the head with. It's pretty smooth as well.

((Oh. The reason I call the rec room the wrec room, is because I believe Jim and Milno had their wrestling match in there, the pile of molestery, someone tripping balls, plus whatever else I forgot. After that and however many years of other convicts, I think it's a little bit trashed. Plus Holes reference.))

"Wait, can I see through this?"

Check to see if the activated cloak blocks vision.
You can't see through it.

Great!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got it. Thanks for actually filling out your zero'd categories too, it helps.
((Is the mission already full?))

If not, join mission, purchasing a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier, Painkillers and a Hand Laser.

If so, cry deeply.  And buy junk anyway.
Well, we're full up, but you buy your items anyways.

Well, I suppose I'll go and test out the limitations of the Microwave Amplifier with the Artificial Reality Simulator doohickey.
You log on to one of the VR Machines. It pops up available programs
>Battle of Hexbarax
>Poacher
>Punch many things
>tinker
>duel

"Steve, where's the doctor?"

>He's in the back. I believe he should be back out in a moment.

Alright, everyone who is on mission, consider your asses thrown in stasis. Check over in the other thread. Lets get underway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: July 19, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »

Jim went back to his room and found the token on his pillow. He had no clue who left it there, but took it anyway. A token was a token, after all. He then checked to see how much he actually had.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: July 19, 2012, 05:58:13 pm »

Select Poacher.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: July 19, 2012, 06:12:48 pm »

((Disregard this.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:16:18 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: July 19, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »

((Oh, nice. Free ammo, and thanks to my badly-worded dialogue. I was actually intending to ask if she had created any weapon she was proud of (but forgot to put the "weapons" mention in it), in the hopes of hearing a nice tip or a short story. Worked better than expected. :P

@autododge: Can work using the same system as the "counter-collision" one, but this time, it can have two modes:
1 - one that essentially causes the suit to be paranoid and avoid any contact or collision, even with the ground (keeping that one to be activated if I think Milno'll fall unconscious);
2 - and a second mode that jerks the suit away from anything coming towards it at high speeds and keeps moving in sucession if needed, either the attack being melee or ranged (it will be kind of crude and probably try to dodge taps to the shoulder, but better than getting hit).

Bought: Chem-off and Two tokens in extra fuel capacity...I wonder how fast the Enhanced Movement Mode burns through the fuel.))

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:51:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4554 on: July 19, 2012, 08:21:07 pm »

I'm kinda surprised no one has mugged Bishop yet. Guys rolling in tokens.

Jim went back to his room and found the token on his pillow. He had no clue who left it there, but took it anyway. A token was a token, after all. He then checked to see how much he actually had.
10 tokens

Select Poacher.
The program brings up two further options
>Hunter
>Prey

((Oh, nice. Free ammo, and thanks to my badly-worded dialogue. I was actually intending to ask if she had created any weapon she was proud of (but forgot to put the "weapons" mention in it), in the hopes of hearing a nice tip or a short story. Worked better than expected. :P

@autododge: Can work using the same system as the "counter-collision" one, but this time, it can have two modes:
1 - one that essentially causes the suit to be paranoid and avoid any contact or collision, even with the ground (keeping that one to be activated if I think Milno'll fall unconscious);
2 - and a second mode that jerks the suit away from anything coming towards it at high speeds and keeps moving in sucession if needed, either the attack being melee or ranged (it will be kind of crude and probably try to dodge taps to the shoulder, but better than getting hit).

Bought: Chem-off and Two tokens in extra fuel capacity...I wonder how fast the Enhanced Movement Mode burns through the fuel.))

We'll work out the problems with this when you're on board again eh? Not like it ever takes the lab boys long to make anything.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: July 19, 2012, 08:33:07 pm »

Choose Prey.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: July 19, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »

((Nnnnoooooo! Thraaaaaak! D:))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: July 19, 2012, 08:40:45 pm »

(Aw, man.  I was gonna raise that little girl and have Thrak babysit, but now she's gone and so is he :( )

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: July 19, 2012, 08:43:27 pm »

((Mesk is all alone. Some would call it karma! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: July 19, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

((I hate to say it, but I kind of did prefer Thrak. He had more personality, and was more horrifying and cool looking.

Alas, we may never have a kegger mission again. :'(

Also sad to see the little girl go, though it's hard to say that wasn't for the best. Someone should totally ask Steve what the rules are for bringing our harems along on missions.))

((Mesk is all alone. Some would call it karma! :P))
((But he never doctored anyone HE loved! Only other peoples' loved ones!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 2101