_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933340 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4515 on: July 19, 2012, 12:40:31 am »

Search for a simpler way of protecting against the substance. Is there something designed specifically for it, such as a paint/spray to add a layer of the non-reactive oxide to surfaces?

Check the avatar cloak and the feasibility of using part of it to protect the parts that need more flexibility. After that, leave the VR Machine and go to the armory.

"Hey, about those box-like automated manipulators, which ones you have that are better than the first one you showed me and how does their efficience vary?"

((In case you are wondering: almost done, this will be my last post before getting my things done and getting into stasis.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: July 19, 2012, 01:01:08 am »

Search for a simpler way of protecting against the substance. Is there something designed specifically for it, such as a paint/spray to add a layer of the non-reactive oxide to surfaces?

((Soo... you want to artificially rust your armor..? That's what oxidation is, though on most metals, excluding iron, it actually forms a solid layer, not flakes that come off and weaken the structure. Such a "Spray" would coat your armor in metal, which would oxidize or already be oxide.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:03:56 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: July 19, 2012, 01:19:35 am »

((Soo... you want to artificially rust your armor..? That's what oxidation is, though on most metals, excluding iron, it actually forms a solid layer, not flakes that come off and weaken the structure.))
((Not quite what I meant.))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:23:02 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: July 19, 2012, 01:33:55 am »

((Soo... you want to artificially rust your armor..? That's what oxidation is, though on most metals, excluding iron, it actually forms a solid layer, not flakes that come off and weaken the structure.))
((Not quite what I meant.))

((Actually, we're both wrong. It's not the oxides, it's a thin film of metal fluoride. Just did some extra research and found that, I had mixed it up with oxides, but...
The ability to surpass the oxidizing ability of oxygen leads to corrosivity against oxide-containing materials often thought as incombustible...

It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals — steel, copper, aluminum, etc. — because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminum keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere.
.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4519 on: July 19, 2012, 01:49:55 am »

"Oh, um, so I do. Nevermind."

Enter VR, try to build that one-sided bat-thing.

((I'm mission ready, I just figure everyone else is still going to faff about a bit longer anyway. Always ready to be chucked into a pod if that's not the case.))
Do you want to follow the design of the doctor's bat but with only one side? That would still need 5 amps.

(( Uh, sorry! ... I think I should just let the nose stay that way, given the chance of a rather bad roll following, right? ))

You are probably right, Simulacrus.
(( Go, Thrak, Go! You haven't lost yet!  :) ))
Depositing the action for preparing to the mission:
If Thrak doesn't win, or I don't have enough time before the next mission to learn the results of the duel, buy the emergency kit with the three tokens I still have.
If the fight results in a draw, or for some other reason I get back just the two tokens I bet on Thrak, buy the Mk II suit instead.
If Thrak wins, and I get at least four tokens, buy the advanced kit.

Then get into the stasis pod, of course.

We'll wait and see.

Check the avatar cloak and the feasibility of using part of it to protect the parts that need more flexibility. After that, leave the VR Machine and go to the armory.

"Hey, about those box-like automated manipulators, which ones you have that are better than the first one you showed me and how does their efficience vary?"

((In case you are wondering: almost done, this will be my last post before getting my things done and getting into stasis.))
There are ones that create a layer of metal that won't be effected, but they're not very sturdy and are likely to be scratched and chipped off pretty quickly. The paint will stick on for longer.

You could get the avatar cloak fabric and use it to cover the more exposed parts, but it might be more cost effective to just buy a whole cloak for yourself. It would be more expensive, but not terribly so and it would offer full protection.

"They vary what they can stop and how much they can stop. In general, physical things are a lot easier then things like lasers, and smaller things are easier then big ones. The better ones go up in price and size, but I can't really recommend you something without knowing more about what you want to use it for."

Thats my last post for tonight. Y'all get one more post before I huck you in the pods, so make it good.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: July 19, 2012, 01:58:55 am »

"Mhy nhoze!"

"Dhizs izs how you perfhorm mhedizsine?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: July 19, 2012, 02:03:40 am »

Why, I can fix it. If that is what you really want me to do.
Fix it. (Then go on with the deposited action)
See you soon!
(( Awesome Medicine time! ))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:05:46 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: July 19, 2012, 02:05:52 am »

* SerCon grabs some popcorn and watches
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: July 19, 2012, 02:14:33 am »

Alright, new plan.

First create what are essentially brass knuckles, consisting of a force generator, kinetic amps, and channelers.

Test out two methods for actually generating the force- some sort of mechanical device that fires on command, and the weight-punching method of the bat.

Test out the design with one, two and three kinetic amps along the surface, with matching force generators, of course.

Test out three different shapes for channeling the resulting shockwave. The first in a thin straight line, like the Doctor's bat. The second in a highly focused point, and the third in a much more diffuse, generally unshaped pattern.

It's alright if the design becomes less "brass knuckles" and more "oversized gauntlets," but they have to remain feasible for someone like me to wield as part of an exoskeleton, at least.

Then attempt to build a long-distance shockwave sword/baton thing. Essentially a rod of whatever length it needs to be. At the tip, there's a mechanical device, likely a piston or similar, that fires rapidly against an amplifier aimed straight up and through a channeling thing. The piston is activated and deactivated by a switch on the handle.

The intended effect, then, is that the user can activate the device to start generating shockwaves from the tip, and can further swing this around to "throw" shockwaves in a particular shape, similar to how one might create arcs of water with a hose.

As with the fist-mounted project, this can get kind of big, but has to remain feasible using mechanical support, and preferably without.

Then, at long last, get in the pods. Save work first, and set it to unlock/become available on my death, if that's not default.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: July 19, 2012, 02:31:08 am »

(( Awesome Medicine time! ))
(If you haven't figured it out, yet, I'll clue you in: awesome medicine never ever happens.  Kind of like how intelligence rolls always fail.  :P )

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: July 19, 2012, 02:56:47 am »

Thats my last post for tonight. Y'all get one more post before I huck you in the pods, so make it good.

((PW, I wanted to remind you that I will be gone for four days from tomorrow and I won't be able to post. Maybe Caellath wants to help me finish the fight with Thrak and after that Lukas should recover for a few days? - if he wins, of course. Otherwise, there won't be a problem...Other than this empty space in my heart :'())
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:10:02 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: July 19, 2012, 02:59:08 am »

"Alright, I'll bet 2 tokens on Lukas. That seems reasonable enough. What other weapons do each of them have?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: July 19, 2012, 03:08:40 am »

"Mhy nhoze!"

"Dhizs izs how you perfhorm mhedizsine?"

((What Mesk expects is a good kick to the face))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: July 19, 2012, 03:51:30 am »

Do a quick hop into VR to check basic suit functions, then log off, get my gear in order, and get stasis'd.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: July 19, 2012, 03:52:29 am »

Charro sighed at the ship's surprising lack of haberdashers. "Well, great." He glanced at the time on his wrist computer.
"Looks like I'll have to do this myself. Hope this works." He frowned, placed the materials on the counter and tried to work out how to thread a needle. "Ugh. Why don't we have robots to do this sort of thing?"

>Assemble throwing-blade-hat myself! It can't be too hard, right?!

>Then head to stasis. Quickly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 2101