_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933459 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4500 on: July 18, 2012, 10:47:51 pm »

Maurice Sanctor looks at Mesk with eyes full of compassion... and occasional flicker of something else, then sighs.
I'm not sure of reasons why you did that, but - I hope you are sincere in regretting it. All I would ask - please, take consideration while you are practising your unorthodox medicine... and I too well know that even the conventional methods are sometimes all too deadly. Oh, I completely forgot about my duties, sorry.
Proceed with wiping the blood, stopping the bleeding and fixing Mesk's nose. Use the supplies I can find in the room, and find and ask my colleagues if those I can find are unadequate for the task. (Don't expend the precious medi-foam cans, that is.) Make sure the Instrument is shealthed - it is not suited for treating this kind of injuries.
Doing that, Maurice mutters something...
Then there are still two or three cases left...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:33 pm »

Hm? What did he do? Did he kill somebody with his methods?

((Simus is not going to like the answer, not one bit.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:54:55 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:49 pm »

...I am not sure, and I don't want to know for sure. For now it is enough that he repents whatever... why, evil he - could - have done. Let us drop the matter for now - we'll yet see what comes out of it.
Saying that doctor Sanctor casts at Mesk a long glance devoid of emotions, then turns to Simus and smiles.
It is still a pleasure to admire you and your determined spirit, Simulacrus. I am glad to know you succeeded in your crafting venture - even more so that you emerged completely unscathed from it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:11:16 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: July 18, 2012, 11:11:13 pm »

"Right. Simus. So... you looked into modifying synth-flesh arms? What did you have in mind for them?" Jim asked, curious. He also answered her question with a lie. "Mesk saved a young girl's life. The rest of the town died when the target overloaded a Microwave Amplifier to blow it up." That, at least, was basically true. Although Mesk had personally killed the girl's parents, the entire family would have died when the amp went off. Therefore, Jim decided to focus on the positive aspect - that he saved the daughter, even if that meant bringing her back to the Sword.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:13:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

I've made a simple enough modification that will allow me to put modular equipment on them. Like this.

Unsheathe the wristblade.

I pride myself with modularity and multipurpose attributes. This blade, for example, can be put in normal cybernetics, like this, a suit wrist, or put onto the mount I made for synthflesh. The grenades I made have an arming mechanism with a manual override, and can also be used as crude landmines, the launcher can take several different types of grenades, the current three I have are just the beginning. And so on and so forth with most, if not all, equipment I make.

Resheath the wristblade.

And I'm not sure if you're telling me the whole story there, Jim. Come now, what would saving a girl's life have to do with making him feel repentant?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:19:35 pm by PyroDesu »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: July 18, 2012, 11:29:46 pm »

"He severely injured both of her parents and may have inflicted a mortal wound on her mother," Jim answered. "They probably wouldn't have escaped the amplifier's radius anyway, especially given that half the town had been possessed by the killer at that point. Frankly I'd say that if he killed the mother and knocked the father into a coma, at least neither of them had to suffer through the explosion." He changed topics. "So, these wristblades. How much would a pair cost? I need to replace this," he said, lifting the cleaver.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:48 pm »

Hm. "Kickboxing Doctor", I don't want you trying to doctor me, understand? At least, not with your... alternative methods.

Now, the Armory Master charged me four tokens to put one in my arm, but it'll likely be more expensive for you because you'll need the baseplate installed as well. I can't say exactly, however.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:39:12 pm by PyroDesu »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:31 pm »

Mesk makes an awkward shrugging motion, or at least the best he can manage without functioning shoulders.
"My techniques are still new.  Rough, unpolished, uh, maybe dangerous.  But really, people used to cut holes in each others skulls to cure dislocated shoulders.  A kick actually works, don't you see...?  Sorry, ranting.  I wonder if... er, my fellow medical, um, professionals, are any of you interested in, well, advancing, pioneering this wondrous new field?  I could teach you, and you could help make sure such... unfortunate, cases don't reoccur."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:20 pm »

(XD)

"So the Armory Master installed that for you. I wasn't aware she sold such things..." Jim turned back to Mesk. "I'm sitting the next mission out, so I'll be around if you need anything. Just message me or something." He decided to go back to the rec room.

Jim heads to the rec room and connects to the internet, where he checks up on news reports to find out where, exactly, that last mission had taken place and what the government's stance would be toward it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:44 pm »

Maybe you are right, maybe you are not. The idea sounds good, but I suggest that each of us should pursue their own preferred schools of medicine for now, and then, if our efforts bear fruit, we shall share the knowledge we gained.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:14 am »

Well, Doctor Sanctor, I believe that it is probably nearing the time for us to be in stasis for the next mission, so I will see you when we're there.

Entering Stasis for the mission.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4511 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:43 am »

Faith sighed in resignation. Apparently there was nothing she could do to stop two people killing each other for cryptic reasons.

Trudge to AM. Purchase cutting torch. Ask if some sort of satchel, or the stuff to make a satchel, is free.

If not, head to VR machine and attempt to create something similar to the Doctor's bat, but with only one working side.

You buy a cutting torch and ask the Armory master about a satchel.

"Why do you need one? You already have a bag."

((@GM: What are the unprotected areas (as in lacking real armor) of Milno's pelvis to head area, without taking limbs in account?))

Milno grins. Now that he has searched and discovered every feature the MkIII seems to offer, it is time to take care of the rest of the business.
"Well, what substance does that grenade launcher use?" he asked, already predicting fiery trouble coming the way of the team due to the newcomer's invention.

If Steve tells which substance it is, search if there is any spray capable of creating a layer of oxide or any isolating material (which works against said chemical) on the surface it is applied to. Estimate the price of the pieces needed to complete the protection from layer to pelvis with the same material from the other plates, or if needed, a flexible material of similar or equal resilience.

Lastly, check existing suits for a) anything that may be a more recent, upgraded version of the MkIII and b) something resilient retaining a small bulk (think Gantz' "hard suit") or the needed materials for such.

(Well, it would basically just be your neck, a slit on either side of your body between the back plate and chest plate, and a little of your stomach.)

>ClF3

You search through the lists for something to protect you from the chemical and find a paint called "Chem-off", a rather expensive paint that is apparently incredibly nonreactive. 

Problem with extending your armor is that doing so will make it much harder to move. And there's not gonna be much thats flexible with similar resistance outside of a few strips of Avatar cloak.

"Sorry bro, not today.  I have a forever to live."

Give Lukas a taste of his own medicine via left-hand tesla, then repeat attempt to sever his right arm via right hand lasers.
Lukas was getting a bit annoyed. He wanted this to be over. "Will you die already?"

Shoot Thrak with the gauss gatling gun in the exposed part of his torso. Try to have the laser drones do the same (do I have that kind of control over them?) Keep using the tesla arc if necessary.
[Drone con:1]
[thrak con:5]
[Lukas con:4+1]
[Lukas con:6]
[Thrak end:4+1]
[Lukas end:4+2]

Thrak raises his hand and unleashes his own torrent of electricity as Lukas continues to pump current into his downed opponent. Streamers of lighting tear across them both and fill the room with flickering blue light, framing the two combatants in twitching, arcing tendrils that leap from them to every surface around them. Lukas takes a step forward through the storm and levels his Gatling gun on Thrak's chest before opening up with a stream of rounds which shred through any remnants of his armory and tear into the machinery beyond. Thrak's stream of electricity flickers and fails as his left arm and a good chunk of his chest falls away under the onslaught. Amidst the shredded circuitry and metal, Lukas can make out a spherical capsule in the center of thrak's chest.

Maurice Sanctor looks at Mesk with eyes full of compassion... and occasional flicker of something else, then sighs.
I'm not sure of reasons why you did that, but - I hope you are sincere in regretting it. All I would ask - please, take consideration while you are practising your unorthodox medicine... and I too well know that even the conventional methods are sometimes all too deadly. Oh, I completely forgot about my duties, sorry.
Proceed with wiping the blood, stopping the bleeding and fixing Mesk's nose. Use the supplies I can find in the room, and find and ask my colleagues if those I can find are unadequate for the task. (Don't expend the precious medi-foam cans, that is.) Make sure the Instrument is shealthed - it is not suited for treating this kind of injuries.
Doing that, Maurice mutters something...
Then there are still two or three cases left...

[med:5+1]
You grab mesk by the nose and proceed to stop the bleeding by folding the broken nose over to one side and taping it against his face. Easy peasey!

(XD)

"So the Armory Master installed that for you. I wasn't aware she sold such things..." Jim turned back to Mesk. "I'm sitting the next mission out, so I'll be around if you need anything. Just message me or something." He decided to go back to the rec room.

Jim heads to the rec room and connects to the internet, where he checks up on news reports to find out where, exactly, that last mission had taken place and what the government's stance would be toward it.
You can't find anything about a fight or an escaped criminal. Just something about a gas line explosion. Seems the coverup is already in full swing.

Well, Doctor Sanctor, I believe that it is probably nearing the time for us to be in stasis for the next mission, so I will see you when we're there.

Entering Stasis for the mission.
You hop in one of the pods in the barracks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:15 am »

"Oh, um, so I do. Nevermind."

Enter VR, try to build that one-sided bat-thing.

((I'm mission ready, I just figure everyone else is still going to faff about a bit longer anyway. Always ready to be chucked into a pod if that's not the case.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 19, 2012, 12:17:51 am »

Lukas spots the spherical capsule in Thrak's chest. I guess I have found your little hiding place...Whoever you are.

Lukas shoots both his gauss gatling gun and his cutting laser at the spherical capsule in Thrak's chest. He orders the laser drones to do the same. If Thrak gets close again, use tesla arc.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: July 19, 2012, 12:30:26 am »

(( Uh, sorry! ... I think I should just let the nose stay that way, given the chance of a rather bad roll following, right? ))

You are probably right, Simulacrus.
(( Go, Thrak, Go! You haven't lost yet!  :) ))
Depositing the action for preparing to the mission:
If Thrak doesn't win, or I don't have enough time before the next mission to learn the results of the duel, buy the emergency kit with the three tokens I still have.
If the fight results in a draw, or for some other reason I get back just the two tokens I bet on Thrak, buy the Mk II suit instead.
If Thrak wins, and I get at least four tokens, buy the advanced kit.

Then get into the stasis pod, of course.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 2101