_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934344 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 6 recruiting
« Reply #4350 on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:13 am »

((Thrak's brain is in his chest. A headshot will only disable some of his 360 degree vision cameras.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:20 am »

((There was the bit in the song where he brings up young girls. And there was the video in general.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:01 am »

((I just realised, how disappointing! I finally get on a mission but now I'm gonna miss out on Bishop attacking Mesk. :-\ Drat.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: July 18, 2012, 01:15:39 am »

"I think I don't have an idea for a wish." Milno answers sincerely, still slightly taken aback by the fact he had received a cupcake from a mysterious benefactor, supposedly for his birthday, which he wasn't even sure he was supposed to be commemorating. The glove also was another part of the strange package, but it seemed to be a weapon, so he didn't question it too much.

Take a look at the box the glove came in.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: July 18, 2012, 01:19:48 am »

Lukas releases a swarm of drones and raises his arm while Thrak does the same.
[Lukas con:bullseye:5]
[Drone con:6]
[Thrak con:4-1]

Thrak's rocket slug clips of Lukas' shoulder as both Lukas and his drones open up. A spray of hypersonic rounds slam into Thrak's chest and lasers crisscross his body, cutting a glowing lattice of random gashes across him. Thrak collapses backwards, knocked to the ground by the force of the Gatling gun, his chest armor badly torn, revealing the machinery beneath.

Lukas picks up his semi-auto rifle and aims for Thrak's head. "I am truly sorry about this." Lukas opens fire.

((Did we ever find out where Thrak's braincase is anyways? A headshot might not be the best way to kill him, though it will disable him a little by taking out some cameras.))

((Actually I guessed that it would be in his chest but I already took a shot at that. I'm just assuming that his brain is in his head. Anyway, it is only a wild bet that this is gonna kill him. I might miss and only scratch him a little. Maybe Thrak is still able to do something horrible back to Lukas.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:38 am »

((Thrak's brain is in his chest. A headshot will only disable some of his 360 degree vision cameras.))

((Aha, well Lukas doesn't know that of course, so he'd still have a good reason to think that the brain is in his head.))

((Oh, and sorry for not just putting my last two posts together. ::)))

((By the way, I just realized that the motto I use for my profile on these forums has recently gotten a real meaning, while I never really aimed for that to happen...creepy ;)))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:27:09 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: July 18, 2012, 01:26:06 am »

((Sometimes, Milno's thick-headedness really fits his 'farm boy' background. It's almost cute, if that's possible for a heavily-armoured spaceman with a honey badger design and a penchant for snarkiness. :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: July 18, 2012, 01:28:30 am »

Thomas glances upwards.
"Steve? What's the policy on inter-personnel relations?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: July 18, 2012, 01:50:06 am »

((@Yoink: Yeah, he is definitely neither the sharpest nor the smartest person on board.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: July 18, 2012, 02:16:59 am »

((@Yoink: Yeah, he is definitely neither the sharpest nor the smartest person on board.))

((Hmmm, I dunno. He is your character of course, but Milno strikes me as having a lot of 'smarts' (street smarts would not apply very well in this universe, I guess). It kept him alive on several occasions.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:27 am »

((Well yeah, I'm more talking about in the social interactions side of things. Obviously he's been smart enough to keep alive (with most of his limbs intact) through his missions so far, hehe.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4361 on: July 18, 2012, 02:37:49 am »

((@Orb: I don't even see a reason for that. Milno returns the things from people that didn't die, you just have to ask in-character. Of course there will be the obligatory snark before he returns it. And if Travis asks about what happened, Milno won't hide he was the one who shot him dead.

And I'm still considering whether Milno should actively seek Maurice, tell him about how Mesk killed the girl's parents purposefully and then watch both medics duck it out.))

((More like watch Maurice go full on Doctor on Mesk with his instrument while Mesk is still strapped down, being repaired.))

Knowing that it won't react with the equipment, go ahead and pour the rest of the chemical until the needed amount is reached, then carefully, using the funnel again, pour it into the grenade body. Cap with fuse and arming mechanism, and reseal chemical container.

Even a 8-year old could do this, 4-year old if it's an A-I. Still, easy does it, no need to get sloppy.
[handiwork:2]

You start to pour but fumble the container. It clangs to the ground standing straight up; you grab it in a panic and stop it from moving or spilling. Gaahhh.

"But it wasn't for looks, I was trying t-..."

Feyri heard a ping coming from behind her. It seems the return team has just arrived. She turned around to look at Milno once more.

"I'll talk to you later, in reality.

"And, thanks."

Finalize Modified Gauss Rifle: Everything I proposed [Extended Barrel, Sniper attachment...], without the capacitor and the bayonet.

Go to the Armory Master and request a Combat Shield. And the price on my modified Rifle.

Check token count.

The extended barrel I get, but what is this "Sniper attachment?"

You head to the armory and ask for a combat shield.

"What kind you want? Plastic or metal?"

7 tokens

(Is there a bigger Butt Monkey than Mesk in the entirety of the Rouletteverse?  (The answer is no.))

"Hey, come on, no need to be shy.  Why don't we start with... what's your name, little girl?  Um... hey, computer guy, are there any sim scenarios full of fluffy rainbows and colourful unicorns?  Something to make a little girl feel better?"
Wait for a doctor (not THE Doctor) to come by and ask them for a brain-controlled robot arm.

>I may be a soulless computer, but I'm pretty sure that shiny things will not make her forget about what you did to her parents.

The doctors around you just keep running past. You think you hear one talk about "Putting 10 on the big guy with the gun arms". Wonder what that means.

"Oh, excellent!" Charro saves all of his hat designs, (the hat-launcher, the gas-hat and the two unfinished variants of the throwing-blade-hat) quickly exits the VR, pops his current, un-modified hat on his head and hurries off towards the briefing room.
'Perhaps someone already in the mission would be able to... Modify my hat a little?' So thinking, he skids to a halt, frowns thoughtfully for a moment before sprinting off towards the Armoury, instead.

Seeing the touching scene taking place at the counter, he will slow his steps and pretend to read a sign on the wall until they're more or less finished talking, then saunter over and apologise for interrupting. 
He nods uncertainly to Milno. "Erm, good to see you made it back in one piece!" Then he turns towards the AM.
"Sorry to bother you again, miss... But er, I had a look at possibly making this hat you gave me more funtional. (I never realised VR tinkering was so much fun!) Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to... Well, how to put it together for real. How much would it cost me? As long as it doesn't take too long, got a mission briefing to get to and all."

>Head to the Armoury, try not to be too much of an interruption, and ask the AM what would be required to get the hat designs working.
"You don't have the money or the hats for all of them, so pick one."

"I think I don't have an idea for a wish." Milno answers sincerely, still slightly taken aback by the fact he had received a cupcake from a mysterious benefactor, supposedly for his birthday, which he wasn't even sure he was supposed to be commemorating. The glove also was another part of the strange package, but it seemed to be a weapon, so he didn't question it too much.

Take a look at the box the glove came in.
The box is completely uninteresting and mundane, like a metal shoebox, with no distinguishing characteristics other then it's general boxishness.

Lukas releases a swarm of drones and raises his arm while Thrak does the same.
[Lukas con:bullseye:5]
[Drone con:6]
[Thrak con:4-1]

Thrak's rocket slug clips of Lukas' shoulder as both Lukas and his drones open up. A spray of hypersonic rounds slam into Thrak's chest and lasers crisscross his body, cutting a glowing lattice of random gashes across him. Thrak collapses backwards, knocked to the ground by the force of the Gatling gun, his chest armor badly torn, revealing the machinery beneath.

Lukas picks up his semi-auto rifle and aims for Thrak's head. "I am truly sorry about this." Lukas opens fire.

((Did we ever find out where Thrak's braincase is anyways? A headshot might not be the best way to kill him, though it will disable him a little by taking out some cameras.))

((Actually I guessed that it would be in his chest but I already took a shot at that. I'm just assuming that his brain is in his head. Anyway, it is only a wild bet that this is gonna kill him. I might miss and only scratch him a little. Maybe Thrak is still able to do something horrible back to Lukas.))
His-and your- brain cases are much smaller then the norm because the doctor stripped out everything he considered "Extraneous". Plus you're not sure what they look like.

Thomas glances upwards.
"Steve? What's the policy on inter-personnel relations?"

>I don't care if you kill each other, why the hell would I care if you fuck each other? Hell, do both at the same time; it will be like performance art, but people will actually want to watch it.

((Hmmm, I dunno. He is your character of course, but Milno strikes me as having a lot of 'smarts' (street smarts would not apply very well in this universe, I guess). It kept him alive on several occasions.))
To quote from Roadside picnic, "...He's got the right mix of courage and cowardice..."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: July 18, 2012, 02:39:48 am »

((Oh. Well then. No decision making needed.))

Oh.....my memory. I won't even know what I lost. Price to pay for being alive...I guess.

Milno must have my weapons. It was nice of him to disable me in such a clean fashion.

Travis sends Milno a message via wristpad: Hey...Travis here. Sorry for uh, flipping out. Assassin messing with your brain can do that to yah. Heh. Anyway, could I have my weapon back? You can just hand it to me in the briefing room. Thanks.

"I guess I'll volunteer for the next mission"

Travis starts to head to the Armory

Oh wait. My face...right. Do I even want to know?....

Travis finds a mirror, and examines his reflection. He then heads to the armory, requests an MKII suit for the mission and heads to the briefing room. He collects his Crystalline Projector

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: July 18, 2012, 02:48:10 am »

((The...scope?  :P))

"What are the differences between each? Transparency and weight, including possibility to wield along with a weapon?"

Ask, then see if my proposed Modded Gauss Rifle has been approved. And if it was possible to paint it - including my Tesla Sabre.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:50:51 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: July 18, 2012, 02:48:29 am »

"We-ell... How about the one most likely to work? I'm guessing that would be the detachable-brim idea, but I think I'll leave it up to you."
Charro inwardly braces himself for the Armoury Master's no-doubt-harsh assessment of his designs, adding, "Personally I think the hat-launcher was rather handy, but then I don't have anything to launch, so that one's out."
>Say the above, then engage Milno/anyone else waiting at the counter in light conversation whilst waiting.
>Be sure to use simple words they'll understand.

((And I don't want to hold this up too long, so in-case I'm not around to post:))
>Oh, and if it all goes smoothly and the hat is completed, I should probably hurry over to the briefing. Thank the AM first, of course.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:51:16 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 2101