_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937580 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hat Based Arms Race
« Reply #4245 on: July 16, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »

"I can get them later. Just put the two extra ones on the bottom."

Examine cloak.

"Now, how the heck do I work this?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: July 16, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »

"Oh, thanks. And by points I just mean, you know, a stabbing point of force rather than a blade or shockwave."

Make sure to aim a groove properly, then swing at the box, pressing the button right before I stop. Presumably batter-style, so the groove it perpendicular to the target.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:32:58 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: July 16, 2012, 07:31:20 pm »

Start VR session, placing Lukas in the Great Plains of 21st century US and spawn an idle altered quite far away from Lukas, like a good sniping distance.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Do it anyway. It only needs to be a couple of puffs worth. Although that stovepipe hat does sound interesting...

VR-Charro inspected the end result of his latest idea. It worked well enough visually... The hole in the top of the hat was barely noticable. He saved it and then summoned up another hat. So many hats. He vaguely recalled some old story involving a crazy dude with hats and chuckled to himself. He had lots of hats, but he wasn't crazy... Or was he? Nah, 'course not. Back to working on the throwing-blade-hat.

>Change up the throwing hat design a little, instead of telescopic it should simply be a light material designed to scrunch down into the middle of the circular blade, with a small catch to hold in in place for throwing.

Like what? Some sort of metal foil so that it looks like you're wearing a tinfoil hat?

((Huh, I didn't word that very well. I was hurrying to type that post before I had to go. :P
What I mean is, make the material of the crown very slightly pleated, enough so that (without being too noticable) it can be flattened down into the middle of the blade-brim, and then held in place with a small catch.
So you squash it down, flick a catch to stop to crown from springing back into shape, and then you're left with a fairly flat disk with the blade around the edge. I can't draw a MSpaint diagram right now, unfortunately.))

>Charro does the above. Also he'll check how the 'gas hat' turned out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: July 16, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »

Bishop sighed and shifted slightly. The boredom was getting to him.

"So, you said the doctor was talking to Faith about killing things, right? Was he in the corps before he became part of the crew? Is he any good at killing things, or at least was any good?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

>Do it anyway. It only needs to be a couple of puffs worth. Although that stovepipe hat does sound interesting...

VR-Charro inspected the end result of his latest idea. It worked well enough visually... The hole in the top of the hat was barely noticable. He saved it and then summoned up another hat. So many hats. He vaguely recalled some old story involving a crazy dude with hats and chuckled to himself. He had lots of hats, but he wasn't crazy... Or was he? Nah, 'course not. Back to working on the throwing-blade-hat.

>Change up the throwing hat design a little, instead of telescopic it should simply be a light material designed to scrunch down into the middle of the circular blade, with a small catch to hold in in place for throwing.

Like what? Some sort of metal foil so that it looks like you're wearing a tinfoil hat?

((Huh, I didn't word that very well. I was hurrying to type that post before I had to go. :P
What I mean is, make the material of the crown very slightly pleated, enough so that (without being too noticable) it can be flattened down into the middle of the blade-brim, and then held in place with a small catch.
So you squash it down, flick a catch to stop to crown from springing back into shape, and then you're left with a fairly flat disk with the blade around the edge. I can't draw a MSpaint diagram right now, unfortunately.))

((You are wasting all your time on weapons, while you could have been making this))

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4251 on: July 17, 2012, 12:46:24 am »

"Erp, by increasing the force I mean making it less susceptible to weather effects like wind, the coriolis effect and other things that would affect a bullet's path at longer ranges.

"And yes, extend that barrel and apply a strength requirement."

Begin finalization(?) of this modified gauss rifle.
Do you want to have that capacitor? Because you still need to hash that out then. You may want to summon up a Milno bot or something to give you a hand.

Mason saves his work under stealth bomb, and goes into duel mode, in a stealthish setting him in an evac ship leaving a large evil corpiration building filled with evil-doers.
So...you want to just be on a secret ship flying away from Hitler Corp? What size of ship? You want to be pursued? Is there a crew besides you? Do you really want to leave such things up to me? Because I'm evil.

Save the designs and link them to my wrist computer, then head to the armory.

To the Armory Master: Could you examine these designs and give me a professional opinion on them?
"I think that it will kill someone. I'm not really sure who, but it will probably kill someone."

"I can get them later. Just put the two extra ones on the bottom."

Examine cloak.

"Now, how the heck do I work this?"

"There's a switch on a box in the corner there. You turn it on and it attempts to blend in with your environment. Attempts being the operative word. "

She strips off the extra focusing chambers and aligns a series of mirrors to reflect the laser from the tip of the weapon, down and back before going forward again through the other two focusing chambers. The entire thing is covered in a metal box that is then welded to the body of the weapon. 

"Done."

"Oh, thanks. And by points I just mean, you know, a stabbing point of force rather than a blade or shockwave."

Make sure to aim a groove properly, then swing at the box, pressing the button right before I stop. Presumably batter-style, so the groove it perpendicular to the target.
"Could do that. Just need pyramid shaped buffers."
(for this swing, we'll assume you get a 5.)

You grab a few target boxes-hollow wooden things about a foot on each side- and stack them up to form a human sized target. You back up a few feet and take some practice swings before setting yourself up for a real one. The heavy bat is difficult to swing and even harder to stop, but you do your best; you swing and then stop the bat as fast as you can, holding the activation button as you do.

The resulting shockwave creates a thunderclap loud enough to make your ears ring and sends a visible wave of distortion out through the air and into the stack of boxes. The one that was hit vanishes into nothing but sawdust, while the ones around it seem completely undamaged, though they are blown over.

Start VR session, placing Lukas in the Great Plains of 21st century US and spawn an idle altered quite far away from Lukas, like a good sniping distance.

How big do you want that altered to be? Human sized? Car sized? Building sized? Bigger? Smaller?

Fabric isn't really gonna fold that flat, at least not if you want it to be made of a fabric that is able to hold the tophat shape when not squished. Also, the other hat has the problems of 1.the big heavy tank and plunger means it deforms and crumples and 2. that attempting to use it is difficult because the fabric you're putting force on as leverage for your pump deforms and makes it hard to use.

Bishop sighed and shifted slightly. The boredom was getting to him.

"So, you said the doctor was talking to Faith about killing things, right? Was he in the corps before he became part of the crew? Is he any good at killing things, or at least was any good?"

> Yes he was. And he was very good at killing things.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: July 17, 2012, 02:39:38 am »

How big do you want that altered to be? Human sized? Car sized? Building sized? Bigger? Smaller?

Make it the size of a schoolbus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: July 17, 2012, 02:50:22 am »

"Whoa. How's it fare against sturdier materials, though? And how powerful could a fist-mounted version be?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: July 17, 2012, 03:08:45 am »

Bishop paused in thought. He never knew the doctor was in the prisoner part of the corps, but it would explain why he was here now.

"How about some hard numbers Steve? Just how good was he? I've got nothing else to do here but listen to you, so you might as well make it somewhat entertaining."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: July 17, 2012, 03:29:21 am »

As for making a prototype of one of these shells - the chemical incendiary one, I was told that I would be hand-loading it - I'm going to need some... special equipment. I don't know whether I should ask you or someone at the lab, but I'm going to need some laboratory equipment, made of metal, in order to even consider making it, namely a beaker and a funnel, at the least. Not to mention some kind of vacuum that's still within normal gravity, but that'd be something to ask the AI for, or the people at the labs. Thought I'd ask while I'm out of VR, even if I'm not going to be making it for a while.

You got anything I could use, or should I head to the labs and ask there?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 17, 2012, 05:23:19 am »

((No just me in a small evac ship, not being pursued, and with the hat stealth bomb being inside))

When at a safe distance Mason detonates the bomb and then checks the devestation.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 17, 2012, 05:44:31 am »

"I'm probably going to regret this...but Milno is the most...dependent person I know, other than Faith and Jim."

Summon yon Milno Bot! Arm him with a Tesla Sabre.

Wear a MK I suit.

If preferable, order the Milno bot to throw the Tesla Sabre at me!

"I suppose our suits aren't that immune to a couple thousand or so volts, aye?

"On that note, is it possible to attach a Tesla Bayonet onto my Modified Gauss Rifle? And is everything ship-shape other than that Capacitor?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 17, 2012, 07:52:52 am »

Check how far I got from the fire. If it's close, climb up again.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4259 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:57 am »

Make it the size of a schoolbus.
Alright, consider it done. You're currently standing in a seemingly endless plain of swaying tall grass. In the extreme distance you can see something rather large meandering about.

"Whoa. How's it fare against sturdier materials, though? And how powerful could a fist-mounted version be?"

"Depends on the material. Might crack a battlesuit if you hit it hard. Not sure about fist version. Depends how it is set up."

Bishop paused in thought. He never knew the doctor was in the prisoner part of the corps, but it would explain why he was here now.

"How about some hard numbers Steve? Just how good was he? I've got nothing else to do here but listen to you, so you might as well make it somewhat entertaining."

>Depends. You want to count everything him and his inventions have killed?

As for making a prototype of one of these shells - the chemical incendiary one, I was told that I would be hand-loading it - I'm going to need some... special equipment. I don't know whether I should ask you or someone at the lab, but I'm going to need some laboratory equipment, made of metal, in order to even consider making it, namely a beaker and a funnel, at the least. Not to mention some kind of vacuum that's still within normal gravity, but that'd be something to ask the AI for, or the people at the labs. Thought I'd ask while I'm out of VR, even if I'm not going to be making it for a while.

You got anything I could use, or should I head to the labs and ask there?

"I can supply you with the chemicals, the equipment and the shells, but not a vacuum."

((No just me in a small evac ship, not being pursued, and with the hat stealth bomb being inside))

When at a safe distance Mason detonates the bomb and then checks the devestation.
You want to explode a nuke in a small ship that you're currently occupying? Yeah, it ends badly for you. Like, breathing vacuum badly.

"I'm probably going to regret this...but Milno is the most...dependent person I know, other than Faith and Jim."

Summon yon Milno Bot! Arm him with a Tesla Sabre.

Wear a MK I suit.

If preferable, order the Milno bot to throw the Tesla Sabre at me!

"I suppose our suits aren't that immune to a couple thousand or so volts, aye?

"On that note, is it possible to attach a Tesla Bayonet onto my Modified Gauss Rifle? And is everything ship-shape other than that Capacitor?"

You summon a milno-bot and a suit to wear.

>If by everything you mean that barrel, then yeah. As per Telsa Bayonets, sure, that might work. Though you'd have to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work right. Unless you just want to duct tape a tesla sabre to the front of it.

Check how far I got from the fire. If it's close, climb up again.

Judging by the light in the distance behind you, you're several hundred feet from the fire. You're safe, for now at least.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 2101