_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933875 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4140 on: July 14, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »

"Right. Thanks for the tip.

Can you do anything to help speed up the recovery from addiction? Also, how's the sub-dermal armor going? Run into any real problems?"

Ask all three questions. Make sure I get a definate answer for all of them.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: July 14, 2012, 12:51:45 pm »

Look at the variety of large military ships one file.

Above beach far enough so that I can hover without colliding or causing other issues due to controlling a huge body of metal, but still close enough where I can discharge the ships weaponry at anyone.

Also, change the set-up so that I am a netural entity to both the Allies and the Axis forces.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: July 14, 2012, 12:55:54 pm »

Mason sighs looking at the 17th mid air explosion in the magazine, he was just postponing the inevitable.
He needed a weapon, he's seen more danger in here, than in 13 years of antigue cars, he's even seen a walking metal giant.

Mason decided, he would finish his magazine and take it back to the armoury, then he would ask about wepons for those with intellect.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:59:59 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: July 14, 2012, 12:56:07 pm »

I'm saying that I want a high-explosive, not a low-explosive for my HE grenade...

There are two types of explosions due to chemical reactions, which is reflected in the type of damage they cause at the scene. In a detonation, the speed at which the chemical reaction moves though the explosive is greater than the speed of sound in that material. The resulting pressure wave may move at up to 8,500 meters per second (9,296 yards per second). High explosives, such as dynamite, generally undergo detonation and have a characteristic shattering effect on their surroundings. A deflagration occurs when the speed of the chemical reaction of the explosion travels through the explosive slower than the speed of sound in the material. This creates a pressure wave moving at 1,000 meters (1094 yards) per second or less. The impact of low explosives, such as a mixture of air and gasoline vapor or sugar and potassium chlorate, is best described as pushing, rather than shattering.

I'm going for the former, and your Aster-Ex seems like the latter.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:16:38 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: July 14, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »

Get the laser back. Can't have gone far. Then try the previous again.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:48 pm »

((My rifle.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: July 14, 2012, 09:22:18 pm »

"Jeez, you're not even gonna fit in the machine. The heck happened to you?"

"Well, uhm...The doctor gave me a little upgrade. Isn't there some other way to link me up to the VR machines? Lukas feels embarrassed by his new appearance but 'fortunately' doesn't have the ability to really show it. "By the way, you probably know the doctor better than most of us here, right? Cause you're colleagues and all. He told me that there is a 'debt to be paid' (Lukas makes quote signs with his giant fingers) and that he 'needs data.' Do you have any idea what he could be talking about?
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: July 14, 2012, 09:59:13 pm »

What if the bolts were explosive cored?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4148 on: July 14, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »

"Right. Thanks for the tip.

Can you do anything to help speed up the recovery from addiction? Also, how's the sub-dermal armor going? Run into any real problems?"

Ask all three questions. Make sure I get a definate answer for all of them.
"There's treatment for it. Quicker then cold turkey, but rather unpleasant.  Sub-dermal armor. Yes. Biomechanical is best. Working on therapy. Problems? Nothing unexpected."

Look at the variety of large military ships one file.

Above beach far enough so that I can hover without colliding or causing other issues due to controlling a huge body of metal, but still close enough where I can discharge the ships weaponry at anyone.

Also, change the set-up so that I am a netural entity to both the Allies and the Axis forces.

Define large. Do you want to rain down death and destruction or do you just want to push a button and watch Europe disappear.

Mason sighs looking at the 17th mid air explosion in the magazine, he was just postponing the inevitable.
He needed a weapon, he's seen more danger in here, than in 13 years of antigue cars, he's even seen a walking metal giant.

Mason decided, he would finish his magazine and take it back to the armoury, then he would ask about wepons for those with intellect.
"You probably want a Manipulator." The armory master says, pointing at the board behind her. "Burn things with math."

I'm saying that I want a high-explosive, not a low-explosive for my HE grenade...

There are two types of explosions due to chemical reactions, which is reflected in the type of damage they cause at the scene. In a detonation, the speed at which the chemical reaction moves though the explosive is greater than the speed of sound in that material. The resulting pressure wave may move at up to 8,500 meters per second (9,296 yards per second). High explosives, such as dynamite, generally undergo detonation and have a characteristic shattering effect on their surroundings. A deflagration occurs when the speed of the chemical reaction of the explosion travels through the explosive slower than the speed of sound in the material. This creates a pressure wave moving at 1,000 meters (1094 yards) per second or less. The impact of low explosives, such as a mixture of air and gasoline vapor or sugar and potassium chlorate, is best described as pushing, rather than shattering.

I'm going for the former, and your Aster-Ex seems like the latter.
Actually high and low explosive is a misleading term. Low explosive is the definition given to anything that breaks down via deflagration, ie subsonic combustion, while high explosive is anything that breaks down via detonation, ie supersonic combustion. Aster-ex is most definitely high explosive, it's just slower and expends it's energy in a more uniform way then some other explosives. It's all relative, like calling a planet small in comparison to the sun.

Get the laser back. Can't have gone far. Then try the previous again.
[dex:5]
You snatch your rifle back up from the muck and try again to cut the pipe.
[con:6] You cut off a section of pipe. Unfortunately its a pipe thats still in use and some sort of fluid starts pouring out into the sludge at your feet. The sludge starts smoking. That can't be good.

((My rifle.))
You pull the trigger and the entire rifle is sliced to pieces as beams of laser light shoot randomly out from the innards like a fatal discoball.

"Jeez, you're not even gonna fit in the machine. The heck happened to you?"

"Well, uhm...The doctor gave me a little upgrade. Isn't there some other way to link me up to the VR machines? Lukas feels embarrassed by his new appearance but 'fortunately' doesn't have the ability to really show it. "By the way, you probably know the doctor better than most of us here, right? Cause you're colleagues and all. He told me that there is a 'debt to be paid' (Lukas makes quote signs with his giant fingers) and that he 'needs data.' Do you have any idea what he could be talking about?
"Lemme answer your question with another question. You ever heard of Faust? And yeah, I'll get some direct connection cables from the back."

What if the bolts were explosive cored?
You could squeeze out a bit more like that, but in terms of things like Avatars and Battlesuits, it won't make much difference, if any.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: July 14, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »

Test the amp, explosive and dual bolts against walls, sheets of metal, rock formations, anything likely to be an obstacle on a mission.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:00 pm »

"FUCK! That was... unexpected. Let's tone that down shall we?"

Lower the energy input until the rifle works without ruining it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: July 15, 2012, 12:03:17 am »

"Lemme answer your question with another question. You ever heard of Faust? And yeah, I'll get some direct connection cables from the back."

"So what you're saying is that I'm like Faust?" Lukas is getting very worried at this point. "So what would be analogous to my soul in this case?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: July 15, 2012, 12:58:57 am »

Bishop nodded at the doctor.

"Good to hear you're making progress. How strong do you think the armor will be when you've got the therapy working? Just give me a rough comparison.

Also, this quicker than cold turkey treatment. What exactly is it and what do you do in it? I'd like to know so I can choose the better one for my personal tastes."

Get good answers for the both of my questions. Make sure they are in terms I can understand instead of medical lingo.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: July 15, 2012, 01:24:59 am »

So the Aster-EX is dual purpose explosive? One that's powerful enough for demolitions, but not too powerful as to deform frag/flechettes? Alright, that'll do.

Fill the 40mmx41mm space in the fresh granatapfel shell with Aster-EX, and add an impact fuse on the tip. Test against MkIII and Battlesuit.

Also, look up how much a 1-kilo and a half kilo brick of Aster-EX would cost in the armory, plus one detonator and a remote for said detonator.

((Something tells me I'll end up as the demolitions expert on the team. Or, at least, the only one that actually uses demolitions techniques, instead of just causing mass carnage like all y'all other nutjobs.

Not to mention being a grenadier at the same time, in all likelihood.))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:27:17 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4154 on: July 15, 2012, 01:42:04 am »

Test the amp, explosive and dual bolts against walls, sheets of metal, rock formations, anything likely to be an obstacle on a mission.
The amp is generally gonna be more effective at straight property damage, with the dual being a bit more effective, but not terribly so. It will blow holes in walls, deform metal, shatter rock and the like.

"FUCK! That was... unexpected. Let's tone that down shall we?"

Lower the energy input until the rifle works without ruining it.

No matter now low you bring the power, nothing changes. Hmm, must be something different.

"So what you're saying is that I'm like Faust?" Lukas is getting very worried at this point. "So what would be analogous to my soul in this case?"
The armory master shrugs. "Dunno, but it can't be good. He's not the type of guy to do something for nothing. And he did a whole lot'a something to you."

Bishop nodded at the doctor.

"Good to hear you're making progress. How strong do you think the armor will be when you've got the therapy working? Just give me a rough comparison.

Also, this quicker than cold turkey treatment. What exactly is it and what do you do in it? I'd like to know so I can choose the better one for my personal tastes."

Get good answers for the both of my questions. Make sure they are in terms I can understand instead of medical lingo.
"Hard to say. Depends on thickness. Need to test it. Probably good enough to stop Gauss round? Single. And treatment is simple. Remove traces of pain killer in body. Pump in drugs to counter act brain chemistry changes. Very effective, but unpleasant.

So the Aster-EX is dual purpose explosive? One that's powerful enough for demolitions, but not too powerful as to deform frag/flechettes? Alright, that'll do.

Fill the 40mmx41mm space in the fresh granatapfel shell with Aster-EX, and add an impact fuse on the tip. Test against MkIII and Battlesuit.

Also, look up how much a 1-kilo and a half kilo brick of Aster-EX would cost in the armory, plus one detonator and a remote for said detonator.

((Something tells me I'll end up as the demolitions expert on the team. Or, at least, the only one that actually uses demolitions techniques, instead of just causing mass carnage like all y'all other nutjobs.

Not to mention being a grenadier at the same time, in all likelihood.))
It's used to crack rocks apart, not vaporize them. It'll work fine, you're not using much anyways.

What kinda force you want to set that tip for? Ie how  much force it would need to trigger.

Against a mk III it's gonna blow the suit to pieces, but against a battlesuit it's not gonna have a massive effect. It would damage the armor though.

That package of explosive would be 2 or 3 token, depending on how good of a range you want.

Also let me just fix that for you...
Something tells me I'll end up blowing up half the team when my dalliances with explosives go badly again.
There we go.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2101