_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931169 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4095 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:11 am »

That counts as a xeno? is Gorat's first though. His second amounts to questioning how reliable this simulation can be if so little information is available. Or was the program toying with him?

Turn on lamp, examine surroundings.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: July 12, 2012, 11:50:47 am »

((Ok, thanks!))

Bishop took off the helmet and gloves and rubbed his joints, puzzled slightly. He had never felt this way without a good reason...

"Ugh... I feel like shit... Maybe the doc can help? I guess I'll also get the chance to ask him how he's going with the stuff I asked him about."

Head to the doctor in a miserable mood and describe to him what I'm feeling and ask if he can treat me. Also ask how's the project I asked him to look into going.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: July 12, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »

Could I set the amp to ignore it being shot? Or would I need a timer and other gadgets?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: July 12, 2012, 12:33:31 pm »

Could I set the amp to ignore it being shot? Or would I need a timer and other gadgets?
((Maybe a slightly larger, hollow tip with the amp inside could help on that?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: July 12, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »

((Maybe a slightly larger, hollow tip with the amp inside could help on that?))
((Or what he said.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »

"So Steve... you have anything like preferences when it comes to convicts? Like, preferring gun-using ones, or people who don't mess around, or anything like that?"

Wait patiently for The Doctor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: July 12, 2012, 02:33:10 pm »

"So Steve... you have anything like preferences when it comes to convicts? Like, preferring gun-using ones, or people who don't mess around, or anything like that?"
((She shouldn't try seducing him, I think their relationship wouldn't quite work.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: July 12, 2012, 03:17:41 pm »

"And how much would they cost?"

Pull up some FC's and line them up, then add a mirror to direct the laser to another line of FC's and examine the results.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: July 12, 2012, 04:57:27 pm »

>Computer input: Hmm... There was a lab marked on the list, if the guys in there are the ones assembling the special shells, I can understand that. The chemical core is... volatile, but if you want me to assemble it myself, alright. But I'm going to be trying some more different shells and using VR fights as tests as well, so hold off on acquiring anything that I would need to assemble it myself just yet.

Save the chemical incendiary, then load up a list of current high-explosives, non-nuclear.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4104 on: July 12, 2012, 05:52:28 pm »

So much for that idea.

"Well, since every idea I try to make something else fails horribly, I'm going along the lines of modifying what already exists.

"The attachment is just what it says, could probably be an addition to the Rifle that could be taken off and on easily, perhaps helping in accuracy at medium range or elongating the barrel to provide more firepower at short range.

"And maybe modify the stock to be heavier, to help in melee?"

Ask

>There is a sniper kit for the gauss rifle already, one that has a longer barrel and scope. You could use that and just add weight to the stock.

Mason alks into the armoury and talks to the only person he immediatly sees.
You walk into the armory and up to the kiosk a woman in it.

"Hello."

The woman doesn't even look up when she speaks.

"Whatdaya  want?"

Take the spear out and stab him again.
[Muffin roll:6]
You're in the middle of trying to yank the spear out of his foot when a 10 ton muffin lands directly on your head.

You told me unlimited muffins. You did not tell me the form.

That counts as a xeno? is Gorat's first though. His second amounts to questioning how reliable this simulation can be if so little information is available. Or was the program toying with him?

Turn on lamp, examine surroundings.
You turn on your lamp. You appear to be in some sort of tunnel, a supercrete thing roughly 6 foot high, shot through with conduits and pipes. A stream of absolutely pitch black sludge-flowing like molasses
- covers your legs up to the knee. It's hard to tell, but judging from the almost absolute silence, you'd guess you're underground, and a fair way at that. The tunnel extends both forward and backward into darkness, though it slopes slightly forward.

((Ok, thanks!))

Bishop took off the helmet and gloves and rubbed his joints, puzzled slightly. He had never felt this way without a good reason...

"Ugh... I feel like shit... Maybe the doc can help? I guess I'll also get the chance to ask him how he's going with the stuff I asked him about."

Head to the doctor in a miserable mood and describe to him what I'm feeling and ask if he can treat me. Also ask how's the project I asked him to look into going.

((Ok, thanks!))

You head to the infirmary and catch the doctor just as he's stepping out from the back. He takes a look at you for a moment and nods.

"Painkiller addiction. It will pass with time."

When you ask him about your project he gives you a blank look.

"What project again?"

Well, you can't set the amp itself, but you could rig up something fairly simple to get away with that. Pretty much all you'd need to do is rig up something to keep the amp from getting power till it's been fired already. You could roll to get my ideas, or just think up some of your own.

Wait patiently for The Doctor.

>I prefer ones that actually get the goddamn job done.

The doctor from the back and begins talking to Bishop. Now's as good a time as ever.

"And how much would they cost?"

Pull up some FC's and line them up, then add a mirror to direct the laser to another line of FC's and examine the results.
Ahhh, clever clever. So you basically want to redirect the laser so that it goes backwards and then redirect it again down another length of focusing chambers to increase the focus without increasing the length of the gun? Yeah, that would work. Keep in mind that it's gonna keep getting thinner too. Eventually you're gonna be firing a beam so thin that it actually doesn't do anything.

>Computer input: Hmm... There was a lab marked on the list, if the guys in there are the ones assembling the special shells, I can understand that. The chemical core is... volatile, but if you want me to assemble it myself, alright. But I'm going to be trying some more different shells and using VR fights as tests as well, so hold off on acquiring anything that I would need to assemble it myself just yet.

Save the chemical incendiary, then load up a list of current high-explosives, non-nuclear.
Theres a lot. Wanna narrow your search there? Such as what you want to use it for.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: July 12, 2012, 06:02:00 pm »

High-ex that is fairly inexpensive and could create a crater maybe a half meter diameter, half a meter deep in supercrete with a charge size of about 33g (Very, very conservative estimate. I have a space of about 40mmx41mm cylinder, but the 33g estimate is based on the amount of explosive in a grenade of that size. Obviously, I'm counting low here, especially as most of that grenade's space isn't even explosive.).

If it's not too expensive and it's more effective with the same amount

Might as well also look into modern Thermobaric weapons.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:45:02 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: July 12, 2012, 06:04:42 pm »

"E-excuse me, Doctor? Is it true you used to be a soldier? And... that you used shockwaves? Cause I was wondering about generating shockwaves through the air...

Oh, and how did that, er... overwrite thing go? The one you experimented on me for?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:38 pm »

((I was thinking of a cap of 7 or eight chambers. beyond that, it gets kind of pointless.))

"Steve? You still there? I asked how much they would cost."

Spawn a gauss rifle and remove the stock. Attach the rifle to the under side of a laser rifle and time the firing of the rifle so that it fires after the laser. Calibrate the gauss rifle to hit the spot the laser hit.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: July 12, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »

"Oh."

New Duel Sim.

Equipment: Army Clothes, Army Helmet, Rifle, Microwave Field Manipulator

Enemies: Germany Army

Allies: American and British Armies

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:51 pm »

Just make the electrical current from the trigger also switch on the amp. Ensure the amp is further on the circuit than the trigger. Request prototype.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:13:49 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 2101