_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925753 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #3945 on: July 09, 2012, 01:23:49 am »

(Every time I peek at this thread my sanity dies a little.  Keep up the good work!)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: July 09, 2012, 01:33:17 am »

The doctor directs you into the back and walks beside you as you go.

Lukas chuckles. "Hallucinating." He scratches the back of his head. "And I guess that I am pretty good at making things, though I am not very fond of it and I am no magician either. Oh, and I have a PhD degree in philosophy, although it hasn't been of much use to me in this...new environment." Lukas starts whistling nervously.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: July 09, 2012, 01:46:29 am »

Dammit Irony, no Pokedex.  >:(
Horror requires mystery. You will ruin everything if every time someone screams "oh god what is that" they get an actual answer.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: July 09, 2012, 03:01:14 am »

((All available ones; I know we've got a handful of gene therapies under Exotics, but I'm curious what else can be done.

I am more curious about overarching information, like how they function or what side effects they have in general, than I am about a list of every possible tweak they can accomplish. Though information on regenerative-type, eye enhancements, and anything generally defensive or reflex-based would be interesting and potentially relevant.

As for living or dead civs, ooh, that's a tough one. I guess I'll go with a living one first.))

Horror requires mystery. You will ruin everything if every time someone screams "oh god what is that" they get an actual answer.
((Pretty sure the universe (and/or piecewise's mind) is large and horrifying enough that Faith's research will never make it not capable of spewing out nameless horrors of indeterminate function. Or named horrors you wish you weren't aware of the capabilities of.

That said, I should totally look into making a Pokedex for various purposes. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: July 09, 2012, 03:47:59 am »

"Riiight. That's reassuring. Couldn't the techs design some kind of headband or something? Ehhh, whatever.

Are there any more suits which fit the requirements that I specified?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: July 09, 2012, 04:54:23 am »

"Alright, let's see here... Oh look, I have no idea what I am doing. Hmm."

>Attempt to replace the brim of a tophat with a razor-sharp, circular blade! Summon up a target to throw it at, and then work on making it aerodynamic.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: July 09, 2012, 06:36:07 am »

More I meant putting it into the bone, but bolting it through would work too, or a strap (or whatever) like the one the Field Manipulators use.

As well, for the suit mounted version, again, a strap (or whatever) like the Field Manipulators use.

>Attempt to replace the brim of a tophat with a razor-sharp, circular blade! Summon up a target to throw it at, and then work on making it aerodynamic.

((Hello, Oddjob.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: July 09, 2012, 06:49:30 am »

More fanfiction.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: July 09, 2012, 07:05:22 am »

The simulation resets to an antarctic, frozen ice wasteland with a dim blue sun overhead.

The information  bubble that pops up describes an "Iceflow gulper" a sedentary creature that clings to the underside of sections of ice and ambushes it's prey.
Ambush predator. Won't come for me unless I'm close, or unless I can shoo it out somehow.

Scan my surroundings for large ice floes or something like that where that gulper might be hiding.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: July 09, 2012, 07:34:36 am »

Exit VR, Enter infirmary in search of this 'Cog'.

"Well, thank you computer..."

Feyri was disheartened of the results she received. Apparently, nothing ever worked. At all. Not even a prismatic beam or anything...

Now it was to borrow off another's idea...wait, who invented the Laser Rifle anyway?!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:22 am »

"Yeah. We got good reviews too! Maybe we should get more people to join next time."
"W-What? Other people? Y'know what? I'm not even suprised. I'm not suprised you don't care. Honestly, I don't care that you don't care. Whatever you want."
After he finishes ranting, Thomas tests the packs power output and fragility. He also tests the more complex variant of Milnos armor and the smaller variant.
"Teehee, you know I wub you Thomas. :3 "
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: July 09, 2012, 01:11:20 pm »

"Teehee, you know I wub you Thomas. :3"
"Aww... Well, I'm still somewhat aggravated!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3957 on: July 09, 2012, 01:15:36 pm »

Test the 2-inch battlesuit plate armor against lasers, gauss rifles and tesla sabers. Also test the other armor, which is the same as above, but with a 1-inch layer of reflective, conductive and tough metal above it, which is liquid cooled.
2 inch plate will protect you fine from laser and gauss rifles, though not tesla sabres, since the charge will just follow the plate along to your flesh.  As per that other one, how exactly do you want to liquid cool that metal? What kind of system?

The doctor directs you into the back and walks beside you as you go.

Lukas chuckles. "Hallucinating." He scratches the back of his head. "And I guess that I am pretty good at making things, though I am not very fond of it and I am no magician either. Oh, and I have a PhD degree in philosophy, although it hasn't been of much use to me in this...new environment." Lukas starts whistling nervously.
The doctor nods slowly.

"In terms of killing?" He says a moment later.

((All available ones; I know we've got a handful of gene therapies under Exotics, but I'm curious what else can be done.

I am more curious about overarching information, like how they function or what side effects they have in general, than I am about a list of every possible tweak they can accomplish. Though information on regenerative-type, eye enhancements, and anything generally defensive or reflex-based would be interesting and potentially relevant.

As for living or dead civs, ooh, that's a tough one. I guess I'll go with a living one first.))

((Pretty sure the universe (and/or piecewise's mind) is large and horrifying enough that Faith's research will never make it not capable of spewing out nameless horrors of indeterminate function. Or named horrors you wish you weren't aware of the capabilities of.

That said, I should totally look into making a Pokedex for various purposes. :P))
Well, the methods used vary between therapies, but the most common is a gene gun, basically a heavy molecule coated in the desired genetics that is forcibly implanted into the cells. They almost never use viral vectors, mostly because the method that produced the Altered was a viral method.

As per what they can do, there are lots. There are the "stat" ones, which give you +1 to one stat and -1 to another, such as +1 dex, -1 end. There are ones that raise skills with various side effects, usually ones that are a bit stranger then just a -1 on something. That's about as far as standard gene therapies go, but if you where to ask the Doctor, he might be willing to do something a little...illegal.

As per a living, more advanced race, do you want to include transhuman or just purely alien?

"Riiight. That's reassuring. Couldn't the techs design some kind of headband or something? Ehhh, whatever.

Are there any more suits which fit the requirements that I specified?"

>Problem is that in order to counter act the effects of a manipulator, you need another manipulator to do it manually, at least in most cases. The doctor is currently working on a way to counteract the ones that effect your mind but it involves basically hard resetting parts of your brain.

As per other suits, this is the cheapest and lightest that falls into that category. You can't expect to tank a nuke wearing tinfoil.

>Aerodynamic
>Top hat
How?

As per a razor sharp circular blade, yeah, you can stick a chakram on there. Gonna fly like crap with the whole giant fabric hat on top of it, but you an do it.

More I meant putting it into the bone, but bolting it through would work too, or a strap (or whatever) like the one the Field Manipulators use.

As well, for the suit mounted version, again, a strap (or whatever) like the Field Manipulators use.

((Hello, Oddjob.))
Well, using the Pole to bone to attaching base method would allow you to have a permanent base on which to attach the weapon, or any other weapons designed to use the same base. But it would also mean less flexibility in use. Your choice.

More fanfiction.
Title: Feyri and Faith discover Jim's pneumatic cylinder.

The simulation resets to an antarctic, frozen ice wasteland with a dim blue sun overhead.

The information  bubble that pops up describes an "Iceflow gulper" a sedentary creature that clings to the underside of sections of ice and ambushes it's prey.
Ambush predator. Won't come for me unless I'm close, or unless I can shoo it out somehow.

Scan my surroundings for large ice floes or something like that where that gulper might be hiding.
There are ice flows roughly...uh everywhere. You're basically sitting on a large-ish chunk of ice in the middle of other, similar chunks of ice, all floating in  a black sea.

Exit VR, Enter infirmary in search of this 'Cog'.

"Well, thank you computer..."

Feyri was disheartened of the results she received. Apparently, nothing ever worked. At all. Not even a prismatic beam or anything...

Now it was to borrow off another's idea...wait, who invented the Laser Rifle anyway?!

You head to the Infirmary and call out for cog, but receive no answer. Maybe he's the three legged weirdo standing over there in the corner.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »

Title: Feyri and Faith discover Jim's pneumatic cylinder.
((@SeriousConcentrate: Satisfied now? :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: July 09, 2012, 01:24:39 pm »

((Didn't Feyri already discover that? And I bet he's satisfied, veeerrryy satisfied.))
Insulate both suits of armor with a layer of heat-resistant rubber below the plates. For the liquid cooling, have pipes running just below the metal. Put the pumps and stuff in an add-on to the power pack. Create a grappling hook with two tips, a magnetic tip and a traditional one.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:31:57 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 2101