_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928775 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #3855 on: July 07, 2012, 05:22:38 pm »

The headline reads "THOUSANDS DEAD AFTER DAM DISASTER."

((This had me burst into laughter))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: July 07, 2012, 05:29:35 pm »

"Oh."

May does the following:

- Research the history of the H.M.R.C.
- Watch videos of kitties.
- Get involved in a roleplaying website.
- Check to see when Half Life 2: Episode 3 will come out.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: July 07, 2012, 05:43:11 pm »

Faith took in these new aliens with interest. The universe really was a strange and fascinating place.

Now she felt like knowing more about her own government, though. She suspected that'd be less fascinating, given that they occasionally made Arbiters. Or maybe she could look up horrible war-crimes of known aliens? That'd be an interesting comparison...

Research human command structure. Who makes what decisions, how did they get there, what makes them not be there anymore, and so on.

Also look up anything of noteworthy danger possessed by any known species. Arbiters of Peace would qualify, for instance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: July 07, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »

"So this thing uses a magnetic "bubble" to hold the plasma. I may be able to alter the shape of the bubble into a cylinder shape. Going to screw the range, but this thing wasn't all that great at range anyway."

Modify the magnetic containment into a cylinder shape.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: July 07, 2012, 07:47:48 pm »

VR Milno 2: Try to open a path into Faith's simulation. If successful, wave, grin and enter.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: July 07, 2012, 07:50:14 pm »

"Alas," Charro cried, raising a hand and hamming it up as though this was opening night of a play, "The family home is under attack! What manner of fiends are these? Have no fear, I'll drive them back!"
He concentrated rather hard on his raised hand, trying to summon a sword into it.
>Summon up the Hootzal family longsword! If that works, then make the owls into giant monster owls.
...Er, don't make them too big, mind.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: July 07, 2012, 07:52:55 pm »

"Oh."

May does the following:

((Haha, awesome :D))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: July 07, 2012, 07:53:50 pm »

Grab the girl by the throat and give her a headbutt.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: July 07, 2012, 07:53:53 pm »

Simus stows the hand laser in her locker, then returns to the VR Tinker simulator to tackle the idea of integrating the wristblade into the "bone" structure of a synthflesh prosthetic, with it coming out through/above the first knuckle group.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: July 07, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »

"Ok...what kinds of technologies are open to us at this time? I've not studied my histories correct, so my thinking goes only as far as the 21st century."

Ask on what kinds of weapon tech exists in the current time, why we still have to pay in-tokens for over-produced copies of Laser Rifles and Gauss Rifles, what new types of materials are available for weapon manufacturing, and how large a quarter kiloton shell actually is.

Including the size of the normal Railgun compared to the LESHO Rifle, it's maximum threshold for withstanding heat and cold, it's operating conditions in very humid weather//under water and what kind of projectiles it [Railgun] can fire.

Also, why isn't the Railgun featured in the Armory?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:51 pm »

((If I remember correctly from the last time someone asked Steve that, the railguns aren't on the list due to two factors: Firstly, laser weapons being cheaper to make/maintain and secondly, the average convict being too goddamn derpy to use a railgun.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: July 07, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

((and secondly, the average convict being too goddamn derpy to use a railgun.))
((If this is true, I'm very curious about the cutoff point.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:49 pm »

((I...didn't know any of that. And isn't the LESHO Rifle a modified Railgun?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3868 on: July 07, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »

"oh, well now I feel stupid for getting caught to see them heh."
Mason collapses to his knees and sobs.
"How long was I under stasis for?"

>Oh, maybe 130 years at this point.

"Oh."

May does the following:

1. The HMRC was formed officially just after the end of the altered wars, but similar units were in existence under other names before hand. It pretty much always followed the form of using prisoners and the occasional volunteer. As per exact records, you can really find anything. It seems like no one knows much about it.

2.KITTY! And it's riding a cyborg!

3. You attempt to get involved in a rpg site but the internet keeps giving you a "405: Meta overflow" error.

4. The best you can find is a quote from "Gabe-bot 4.02" which says that "It will be done when it's done." He goes on to announce a new round of 12 thousand limited addition hats for team fortress 42. The article concludes with a call to burn Gabe-bot's house.

Faith took in these new aliens with interest. The universe really was a strange and fascinating place.

Now she felt like knowing more about her own government, though. She suspected that'd be less fascinating, given that they occasionally made Arbiters. Or maybe she could look up horrible war-crimes of known aliens? That'd be an interesting comparison...

Research human command structure. Who makes what decisions, how did they get there, what makes them not be there anymore, and so on.

Also look up anything of noteworthy danger possessed by any known species. Arbiters of Peace would qualify, for instance.

I assume you mean the command structure of the UWM, not any individual world, since it varies wildly between the.

The UWM's top echelon is of course the Magistars, who rule over their given systems. Each system and planet has it's own government still, which handles pretty much everything, but the magistar is the one who has the last say. The Magistars are the ones at the head of the UWM's military forces, with various levels of military personnel below them.

The Magistars aren't elected, but are chosen by the previous magistar as a successor. The only rule being that they cannot chose anyone in their direct family. This leads to what you could call "Shared Monarchies" Where the position of Magistar is passed back and forth between 2 or 3 powerful families.  As per how they leave power, death or revolt tends to be the only ways, and usually both coincide.

As per that second part: Danger at what scale?

"So this thing uses a magnetic "bubble" to hold the plasma. I may be able to alter the shape of the bubble into a cylinder shape. Going to screw the range, but this thing wasn't all that great at range anyway."

Modify the magnetic containment into a cylinder shape.
You open the system and attempt to modify the system that manipulates the magnetic field. The part it self is nothing but a black box that pops up a no entry sign when you attempt to edit it.

VR Milno 2: Try to open a path into Faith's simulation. If successful, wave, grin and enter.
VR milno wanders into Faith's data.

"Alas," Charro cried, raising a hand and hamming it up as though this was opening night of a play, "The family home is under attack! What manner of fiends are these? Have no fear, I'll drive them back!"
He concentrated rather hard on his raised hand, trying to summon a sword into it.
>Summon up the Hootzal family longsword! If that works, then make the owls into giant monster owls.
...Er, don't make them too big, mind.

You summon a longsword. It's made of Owls. This is...unhelpful.

Grab the girl by the throat and give her a headbutt.
[dex:3]
[girl dex:4]
The girl once again side steps your inept flailing and giggles at your inability. Her giggling ends suddenly when an error message pops up.

[CRITICAL USER ERROR: MORON]

Simus stows the hand laser in her locker, then returns to the VR Tinker simulator to tackle the idea of integrating the wristblade into the "bone" structure of a synthflesh prosthetic, with it coming out through/above the first knuckle group.
You stow your laser and head back to the vr machine.

"Ok...what kinds of technologies are open to us at this time? I've not studied my histories correct, so my thinking goes only as far as the 21st century."

Ask on what kinds of weapon tech exists in the current time, why we still have to pay in-tokens for over-produced copies of Laser Rifles and Gauss Rifles, what new types of materials are available for weapon manufacturing, and how large a quarter kiloton shell actually is.

Including the size of the normal Railgun compared to the LESHO Rifle, it's maximum threshold for withstanding heat and cold, it's operating conditions in very humid weather//under water and what kind of projectiles it [Railgun] can fire.

Also, why isn't the Railgun featured in the Armory?

>You want me to sit here and list off every single man made textile and weapon available to you? Because that would take a while. In fact, thanks to time dilation, we would literally be here forever since they keep inventing things. So no.

As per why you have to pay for overproduced things: Because they still have value? Just because there's a lot of something doesn't make it free.  As per that shell, oh, figure 25mm or so.

As per a "Normal" railgun, define "Normal". Thats like asking for a "Normal rifle".

As per why railguns aren't used around here, it's because gauss rifles do the same thing, but cheaper and more reliably.

I have a question for you. Why are you so married to using a rail gun when you can do the exact same thing with a modified gauss rifle. Seriously, that guy who blew up the dam has already made something like this.

((I...didn't know any of that. And isn't the LESHO Rifle a modified Railgun?))
Modified as in it's more then just a tube with two rails to fire the bullet. There is no standard railgun rifle. There's a Gauss machine gun thats not listed, but the army just doesn't use Railguns for anything except very specific heavy weapons because they're slightly more powerful then gauss rifles at large sizes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:34:16 pm by piecewise »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: July 07, 2012, 11:09:18 pm »

Try the idea of integrating the wristblade into the "bone" structure of a synthflesh prosthetic, with it coming out just above the first knuckle group.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2101