_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930265 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #3840 on: July 07, 2012, 12:16:31 am »

(("Simus" is part of the "F" series family, does that mean it is a less prestigious branch family? And Kyle is keeping the flame of the MFM's tradition lit, maybe he can create another disaster as well...Which remembers me Renen also wants to use amps and manipulators. We are all doomed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: July 07, 2012, 12:21:31 am »

(("Simus" is part of the "F" series family, does that mean it is a less prestigious branch family? And Kyle is keeping the flame of the MFM's tradition lit, maybe he can create another disaster as well...Which remembers me Renen also wants to use amps and manipulators. We are all doomed.))

((More... pragmatic branch of the family.

To the F-Is, the A-Is are a bunch of Cloudcuckoolanders in their crazy !!SCIENCE!!.

Conversely, to the A-Is, the F-Is are a bunch of Stop Having Fun Guys in their more down-to-earth engineering.

Not to exclude one from doing something the other might, of course. It's how they view each other, not the hard truth, and there are exceptions now and then.))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:36:48 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: July 07, 2012, 01:00:14 am »

Thomas enters a VR chamber and creates a polished steel abdominal plate and chest plate. He attaches the two with a carbon fiber underlay, with a layer of cloth beneath that.He surrounds the whole contraption with a translucent carbon fiber weave, followed by copying it and tailoring the copy to fit a clone of himself snugly. Following that, he tests the armor against lasers, tesla sabers, gauss rifles and anything else likely to fly at him over the course of the mission.
((Thomas is a bit odd himself.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: July 07, 2012, 06:35:44 am »

"Hm. Hmm hm hm." Charro staggered back over in the direction of the VR machine he had failed to use earlier,
humming tunelessly to himself with a rather spaced-out expression.
>Enter VR simulation, take two! Attempt to summon up the old Hootzal family mansion, filling in the gaps via memory.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: July 07, 2012, 06:48:41 am »

Mason heads to the hanger to talk to steve priveatly.
"I want information, where are Jonathin and Mary Kervech"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: July 07, 2012, 09:45:21 am »

Not the tunnel? Four arms... climbers?

Scan the wall in front. If no enemy presence is found, back up against it and scan the ceiling and other walls for foes. If enemy presence is found, shoot it with the laser.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: July 07, 2012, 10:39:03 am »

((I lol'd when the little girl poked out the eye of a big bad dude with her finger. Brilliant stuff!))

"Hmm... Gonna need a custom job then for those corners... Neat idea with the frame though. I've got to remember that..."

Have the corners of the skeleton and armor plates rounded out in the simulation while having the same armor thickness, and then bring up the cameyes suite of sensors and cameras and then intergrate them into the helmet and computer. Test to see if it works. Then insulate the electronics from EMP's in a suitable way that conserves space in the helmet and line the inside with ether-gel behind the electronics but over the skeleton. Test for temperature resistance for hot and cold, then test for impacts to see how the rounded corners hold and if they help deflect some of the force.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: July 07, 2012, 11:37:48 am »

Feyri sighed at the bots, and at herself for failing to understand the basic fundamental laws.

"Alright, sticking with the sabot rounds, or the conventional ammunition then.

"Alright, specifics: I'd not want to fire any kiloton shells or any ordnance of the sort. Armor piercing or shield piercing weaponry would work, incendiary or toxic ammunition would also work. Perhaps at the same size (give or take a few millimetres) as the gauss rifle ammunition, excluding the ammunition's magnetic capabilities.

"The size of the battery...could it be a carry-on? Meaning something similar to a backpack that wouldn't mostly hinder movement through natural terrain. Perhaps with solar panels or... nuclear fission?"

Ask the above, and request details on this "Renen".

"Could you scrounge up data on Renen?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3848 on: July 07, 2012, 02:29:04 pm »

"Fascinating," Faith muttered in wonder. It'd be so interesting to meet them, maybe exchange ideas...

She was suddenly sad that she belonged to a superadvanced race of murderous psychopaths still reeling from nearly unleashing a plague of genetic abominations upon the galaxy.

Speaking of which...

Check for aliens we've encountered under large-scale or otherwise significant hostile circumstances. Also check details on those fungus-folk, since I'm guessing they definitely qualify, but also check for a different match.
You pull up files on the Haebi and some other species called, officially, H.X.L.(Hostile xenobiological lifeform)-002393, but unofficially dubbed "Hitchers".

The Haebi are a difficult race to describe, seeing as they are so unlike humanity that most attempts at parsing the data into categories fails somewhat. Their apperance is highly mutable in just about every way, to the point that it's difficult to discern what's a tool and what is a purposefully bred subspecies. Their only defining trait is their generally fungus like appearance and highly specialized natures. Soldiers, for instance, have no other purpose then to fight and every part of their body is molded toward that end with little to no extraneous bits. The same can be said of diggers, constructors, pilots, masons, and every other possible aspect of their society. Where humans would have a job, the Haebi have a subspecies.

When it comes to culture and leadership, we are also at a loss. Judging from the actions of the species as a whole, it's clear that they either have some sort of central intelligence, or , if they don't, that they were created or evolved in such a way that they would follow certain logical paths and actions via instinct. The flight paths of their spore worlds,  for instance, are not random; they follow well reasoned paths, using gravity wells to speed up and slow down, as well as targeting more star rich areas of the galaxy, rather then drifting through vast empty spaces.

Attempts to demonstrate or disprove intelligence within any individual of the species have failed, but many believe this is simply because the individual has been taken outside their bounds of usefulness, and that standard tests of intelligence fail to illustrate their true capacities.

The origins of the Haebi, both their home planet or even their home system, as well as their purpose, if any, are unknown.

Hitchers are a much more simple species that are  considered hostile merely by the nature of their method of travel and sustenance. Hitchers are one of the rare species that live in space without the assistance of external machines or tools, capable and in fact evolved so that they can live their whole lives in space. As such, nearly every aspect of their anatomy is vastly different from standard terrestrial life.

Hitchers are carbon based, but lack the heavy use of water within their bodies that is found in terrestrial life. They do not breathe in a standard sense, instead taking in any needed gaseous elements via breaking them down out of solids, much like a fish getting oxygen from water. However, hitchers do this all via ingestion, rather then respiration of any kind. As such, the spend almost their entire, multi-thousand year long lives feeding their glacially slow organic processes.

Their size varies greatly, mostly because of their ability to discard sections of their body in order to conserve energy and chemicals. As such, a Hitcher with an ample supply of food will grow to a great size, mostly via the addition of extra or longer limbs, greater movement organs or even an expanded brain. Those Hitchers which humanity has had contact with were those rare few who were so gorged upon minerals that they had the capacity to grow and use brains capable of communication.

From these few interviews, it's clear that their perception of time and conception of reality vary greatly from humanity's, with things such as the rise and fall of stars being something a single 3 generation family might witness. Oddly, these perceptions seem universal, even among those who have only recently grown their "first brain", as though such thoughts are instinctual.

Hitchers make their homes in asteroid fields, clinging to the stones and slowly devouring them over the course of hundreds of years. During this time they will store any minerals they can not metabolize in special movement organs located all over their body. Once their source of food as been expended, they will use these minerals like directional jets, shooting them out in order to maneuver to a new asteroid. The difficulty and hostile labels come into play when hitchers either accidentally or intentionally land on human ships and proceed to start eating them. Occasionally this can happen in swarms and pose a real danger to smaller ships, but a single hitcher is usually simply scrapped off and dumped back into it's environment like barnacles on sailing ships.

"Bye Thomas."

May ponders Steve's response. "Do we get Internet acsess Steve?"

>There are computers in the Rec room.

You take a swing at the girl, who promptly side steps and jabs her finger into your eye. OW MOTHER FUCKER OW! You fall to your knees, holding your eye.

((Haha, oh god. This is not good for Lukas' confidence.))

"Ow, you little bitch!

Slap the girl in the face.
[Dex:6]
[girl dex:5]
You take a swing at the girl, who ducks and sticks her tongue out at you as you go stumbling away, off balance from your miss.

Simus leans back, one foot on the wall, and crosses her left arm, waiting for the armory master to return.

When she does, Simus takes the forearm back, reattaches it, and tries out the system, making sure it works.

Also, please tell me that some of the straitjacket-qualified people around here aren't people I should expect to have with me on a mission. If they are, then that's why the courts ruled this a punishment worse than death, not the missions.
The armory master comes back a few minutes later, a squat, smooth, sleek looking new attachment sitting pretty on your arm. She hands it back to you and you stick it back on before testing  it. It seems to work nicely, an internal switch even turning off the vibration of the filament when it's inside the holding thing.

((I'm a little confused on how you can fall for a mind that used to be a male rapist, and has been so mentally scarred that it thinks it's a woman and has lost most social skills. Of course, I haven't been keeping track of this romance, so *shrug*.

Also, I'm going to throw this out again, Piecewise you do an amazing job at creating a world that feels alive, or at the very least makes sense. I have to wonder, how many pages of notes do you have on this RtD?))
Thanks, I do try to keep to the philosophy of a living world that continues to function and evolve even without direct input of the players. As per notes, I do have some, obviously, but not as many as you'd think. Not counting the character sheets, mission maps and "effect" sheets, which are just sheets via which random effects such as feedback events and hotdrops are selected, I think I have like...3 or 4 little text documents, and those are mostly so I can just keep certain details straight. Pretty much everything else is in my head.

((Also, I'm going to throw this out again, Piecewise you do an amazing job at creating a world that feels alive, or at the very least makes sense. I have to wonder, how many pages of notes do you have on this RtD?))

((I am amazed that he can even keep the "On-Ship" thread updating so frequently, at the same time as the mission thread. I've seen RtDs with fewer players, a waitlist a mile long, and a GM who only updates every month, if that.

So, I would assume that either PW is a computer, cyborg with a computer for half of his brain, would make a really good secretary with his excellent filing skills and memory, or has more notes than will fit on several external hard drives.))
I've got a lot of free time and I really do like running the game, so I update a lot. Which reminds me, I'm gonna be in Canada for the better part of 3 weeks starting near the end of this month, so my replies will be less frequent, probably once a day like last time I was out of town. Hopefully more, and hopefully I won't get cut off from internet for days on end or anything, but we'll see how it goes.

Thomas enters a VR chamber and creates a polished steel abdominal plate and chest plate. He attaches the two with a carbon fiber underlay, with a layer of cloth beneath that.He surrounds the whole contraption with a translucent carbon fiber weave, followed by copying it and tailoring the copy to fit a clone of himself snugly. Following that, he tests the armor against lasers, tesla sabers, gauss rifles and anything else likely to fly at him over the course of the mission.
((Thomas is a bit odd himself.))
How thick you want that steel to be? Though I'll tell ya right now it isn't gonna help you much with anything other then the gauss rifles.

"Hm. Hmm hm hm." Charro staggered back over in the direction of the VR machine he had failed to use earlier,
humming tunelessly to himself with a rather spaced-out expression.
>Enter VR simulation, take two! Attempt to summon up the old Hootzal family mansion, filling in the gaps via memory.
You slap away at the buttons on the VR machine; bloody things keep running around! You successfully summon a mansion filled with owls. Well thats...kinda right.

Mason heads to the hanger to talk to steve priveatly.
"I want information, where are Jonathin and Mary Kervech"

>Who?

Not the tunnel? Four arms... climbers?

Scan the wall in front. If no enemy presence is found, back up against it and scan the ceiling and other walls for foes. If enemy presence is found, shoot it with the laser.
The wall is clear, so you place your back against it and start scanning the ceiling. You catch a glimpse of something moving among the stalactites, a shadow slipping along the ceiling, but can't get a good look at it.

((I lol'd when the little girl poked out the eye of a big bad dude with her finger. Brilliant stuff!))

"Hmm... Gonna need a custom job then for those corners... Neat idea with the frame though. I've got to remember that..."

Have the corners of the skeleton and armor plates rounded out in the simulation while having the same armor thickness, and then bring up the cameyes suite of sensors and cameras and then intergrate them into the helmet and computer. Test to see if it works. Then insulate the electronics from EMP's in a suitable way that conserves space in the helmet and line the inside with ether-gel behind the electronics but over the skeleton. Test for temperature resistance for hot and cold, then test for impacts to see how the rounded corners hold and if they help deflect some of the force.
Alright, lets start from the beginning.
1. Rounding the corners away is possible but will weaken the helmet because it compromises how the loads are handled.
2. You're gonna have a bit of a problem integrating them as it is now. Remember that the helmet is so solid that even the standard camera and computer parts have to be stacked inside, on your head, let alone the big o' cameye lenses and sensors.
3. Emp insulation isn't really a problem, it can be fairly thin.
4.Same with ether-gel

Feyri sighed at the bots, and at herself for failing to understand the basic fundamental laws.

"Alright, sticking with the sabot rounds, or the conventional ammunition then.

"Alright, specifics: I'd not want to fire any kiloton shells or any ordnance of the sort. Armor piercing or shield piercing weaponry would work, incendiary or toxic ammunition would also work. Perhaps at the same size (give or take a few millimetres) as the gauss rifle ammunition, excluding the ammunition's magnetic capabilities.

"The size of the battery...could it be a carry-on? Meaning something similar to a backpack that wouldn't mostly hinder movement through natural terrain. Perhaps with solar panels or... nuclear fission?"

Ask the above, and request details on this "Renen".

"Could you scrounge up data on Renen?"

>Why not just use a gauss rifle and slap a ferromagnetic shell on your rounds then? It's easier and a hell of a lot less expensive.

As per Renen, here's his profile information:

Code: [Select]
Name: Renen Averius von Raptum
Appearance: Shoulder-length black hair. Blue eyes and smooth, young
face, white skin. Average bodied, around 6 feet tall.
Personal information: Renen was a commoner with some psychosis issues,
but even so he still lived a fairly normal life with his girlfriend.
One night, when he was with his girlfriend in his apartment, he
finally found out she was a Magister's daughter (fuck), exactly
because said Magister also discovered the same thing that night by
crashing into his place, obviously unhappy (fuck again). While he was
escaping from his pursuers for days, the stress caused his condition
to get worse, and what was a tame case of psychosis transformed into
what could be called a second personality. He was caught, but his
problems persisted.
Most of the time he is a normal, rather reasonable person, but when
his sex drive kicks in, he becomes quite the pervert - as a maniac.
His nose starts to suffer from light bleeding for no reason whenever
his second personality kicks in.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Secretly dating a Magister's daughter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: July 07, 2012, 02:44:51 pm »

"But the gauss rifle fires ferromagnetic rounds...

And I haven't tested it yet."

Spawn a replica of my test weapon. Spawn a bot with the same 'attributes' as me holding a gauss rifle.

Begin Duel on a snowy mountain plateau, with the landscape being one of an ancient masonry colony.

"Unless...you know my design is bad and aren't telling me...

"But this. This-..."

"-is..."
...useful.
Personal information: [...]a commoner with some psychosis issues,
[...] a tame case of psychosis transformed into
what could be called a second personality[...]

"Is it possible to fight on the ship, not in a sparring match? Say, in one of the hallways - barring lethal injury of course."

Ask once more, then initiate the above.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: July 07, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »

"Yay! Internet!" May heads to the computers.

View today's online news.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: July 07, 2012, 03:19:47 pm »

Continue monitoring the ceiling. The next time a shadowy movement appears, try to heat a 3-feet sphere in that area to 200 degrees for a second.

((Today is such a relative term...))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: July 07, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »

"My parents, sent here 6 years ago for the armed robbery of (insert city) bank.
Look for some sort of terminal with inmate logs.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3853 on: July 07, 2012, 04:46:01 pm »

"But the gauss rifle fires ferromagnetic rounds...

And I haven't tested it yet."

Spawn a replica of my test weapon. Spawn a bot with the same 'attributes' as me holding a gauss rifle.

Begin Duel on a snowy mountain plateau, with the landscape being one of an ancient masonry colony.

"Unless...you know my design is bad and aren't telling me...

"But this. This-..."

"-is..."
...useful.
Personal information: [...]a commoner with some psychosis issues,
[...] a tame case of psychosis transformed into
what could be called a second personality[...]

"Is it possible to fight on the ship, not in a sparring match? Say, in one of the hallways - barring lethal injury of course."

Ask once more, then initiate the above.

>I've been telling straight out that your weapon design is bad and that it's gonna explode the first time you so much as look at it wrong. And It's still gonna explode because you haven't changed anything. You've asked a lot of questions but haven't modified anything. All ya did is stick coils in a lesho rifle and get slapped in the face by snakes.

As per fighting on the ship, go ahead, I don't care,  just try not to blow a big hole in the wall unless you like breathing vacuum.

"Yay! Internet!" May heads to the computers.

By today I'll assume you mean "Right now in this system"

The headline reads "THOUSANDS DEAD AFTER DAM DISASTER."

Oh.

Continue monitoring the ceiling. The next time a shadowy movement appears, try to heat a 3-feet sphere in that area to 200 degrees for a second.

((Today is such a relative term...))
You don't have to wait long. The thing, whatever it is, zips around stalactite and stops in plain view. Air bladders on it's neck expand before it warbles again, it's toothy maw slowly sweeping the cave, back and forth. It's holding onto the rock with two hands and two feet, it's other limbs are holding what looks like a spear fashioned from a long bone and a sharpened stone. It's warbling ends suddenly when it "looks" at you. It steadies itself against the stone and draws the spear back.
[exotic:6]
You concentrate as best you can, panicking a bit as you see the thing draw it's spear back. The result is a ball of extreme heat roughly 5 feet in diameter that flashes white hot for maybe a half second before vanishing and taking the hunter as well as a chunk of the wall with it. GAHHHH your head feels like someones hammering nails into it.

"My parents, sent here 6 years ago for the armed robbery of (insert city) bank.
Look for some sort of terminal with inmate logs.

>Well, they may have gone into the HMRC, but not on this ship. We haven't been to port in over a hundred objective years. I hate to tell you-well, no I don't, I don't really care-but if they went on one ship and you on this one, then you're so desynced in time that they either died on mission or of old age already.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: July 07, 2012, 05:17:55 pm »

"oh, well now I feel stupid for getting caught to see them heh."
Mason collapses to his knees and sobs.
"How long was I under stasis for?"
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 2101