_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927282 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a Omnicidal idiot.
« Reply #3630 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »

"You may not have mentioned it, but you thought it. It wouldn't be the first time someone thought that idea was clever." Jim folded his massive arms. "As it stands, you're an unknown. I don't care who you were before you ended up here, you're a nobody and I can't trust you not to freak out and screw the rest of us over. Frankly the only person on this team who I believe WON'T get us all killed is the only person who's been in as many missions as I have." He nodded to Milno in a gesture of respect.

Speaking of him, he turned his attention to the Bastard. "Almost halfway through our tour of duty. What do you plan on doing when you hit ten?" he asked Milno.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: July 02, 2012, 03:42:07 pm »

((@GM: Yeah, an accelerometer could work, or just make it work whenever the rocket pods are on and something at high speeds approaches the suit. Also, the intention is dampening the impact, but not making the suit suddenly jerk to avoid a wall, or it would create the same problem over and over, like a pinball machine. I want it to work like the propulsion system of a landing craft, using the rocket pods to lessen the impact against the surface and allowing for the suit to softly bump against a wall instead of crashing against it, for example.  - wait, could I actually create a melee auto-dodge based on that system?))
((@GM: How about the "reverse propulsion" system instead of making me jerk away from the wall?))

Milno gets his system done and pays for it if it is within his budget and goes into the shuttle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3632 on: July 02, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »

"No problem." Gorat considers going back into the VR, but his stomach has other ideas. He gets some food at random, nodding to the man who proclaimed bad experiences with amps, and watches the TV a bit while eating.
You take your tray of greenish gray goulash and flop down in front of the tv. The current thing on is about something call the "Samsonite Abyss"

((@GM: Yeah, an accelerometer could work, or just make it work whenever the rocket pods are on and something at high speeds approaches the suit. Also, the intention is dampening the impact, but not making the suit suddenly jerk to avoid a wall, or it would create the same problem over and over, like a pinball machine. I want it to work like the propulsion system of a landing craft, using the rocket pods to lessen the impact against the surface and allowing for the suit to softly bump against a wall instead of crashing against it, for example.  - wait, could I actually create a melee auto-dodge based on that system?))
((@GM: How about the "reverse propulsion" system instead of making me jerk away from the wall?))

Milno gets his system done and pays for it if it is within his budget and goes into the shuttle.

Well, lets say you get something akin to that put in. We'll worry about fine tuning that later eh?
"So could one of us potentially end up as part of your Wetware?"
>Of course.

Travis takes in his team's comments....

"I only seek my own safety. As in past missions, our greatest danger, was ourselves. If I ran this mission, I would split us all up into teams of 1, and systematically break into every house. That would leave about 3 houses per member to search, drastically reducing mission time. What our friend the assassin wants is time. Time to manipulate. Time to assimilate. Time to pick us off one by one. If we don't give him that luxury...we can quickly corner him. As Steve said earlier, you can resist Organochemistry Overrider for a limited time. All we simply do is shout we're under attack, and approach the numbered house he was searching, and form a perimeter around it.

I also never mentioned turning off Jim, so let us not get onto hostilities so quickly. I'm only worried about Thrak..as his appearance is rather...disconcerting, and is likely to cause the civilians to form a mob with shotguns and pitch forks.

I stopped drinking a long time ago Thrak. It's the reason I'm here.

Anyway, if I do approach you, please do, shoot me. It is for your safety and mine we keep separated."

Wow. That was a better speech than the one you did before the battle of 2034 on Mars, Travis.

Travis keeps his gun ready, though. That Jim fellow seems to be a short fuse

(I'll point out that 2034 is gonna a hell of a long time in the past in this universe. The Altered wars, which took place over 800 years ago, happened when mankind was already a galaxy spanning civilization. Earth, currently, is basically nothing but a giant museum right now.)

Yes, search elsewhere. Infirmary perhaps? Surely there's strange people to bother somewhere.
Only other person you haven't seen before, who isn't on the current mission,  is Simulacrus, and I have no memory of where she is...

((I'm going to recreate them as I remember them))
Thomas recreates them, making them both out of the lightest, strongest material he can find. Essentially the carbon fiber of the future. He makes the arrows and bolts out of the same material, but puts a lead core in the center. There are three varieties for each, one kinetic amp tipped, one explosive tipped and one taser tipped.
The strongest and lightest? Well, probably gonna want something more springy them simply strongest,since strongest and lightest would get you an unbending metal bar.

Travis poses yet another question to Steve

"Steve. You can view our live feeds, right? The assassin can't emulate that, correct?"

>Yes I can view them, and he shouldn't be able  to, unless he suddenly got a hold of a lot of very high tech gadgets without us knowing.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: July 02, 2012, 03:54:06 pm »

(I'll point out that 2034 is gonna a hell of a long time in the past in this universe. The Altered wars, which took place over 800 years ago, happened when mankind was already a galaxy spanning civilization. Earth, currently, is basically nothing but a giant museum right now.)

(They would have records, though? I was referencing a made up VR simulation. Unless some giant civil war wiped out almost all known records)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: July 02, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

Thomas changes the composition of the bow and crossbow into a springy, but tough material. He changes the crossbows butt into a very resistant material, and puts a scope on the crossbow.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3635 on: July 02, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

(They would have records, though? I was referencing a made up VR simulation. Unless some giant civil war wiped out almost all known records)
Yeah, there are records. Not perfect records or anything, but records. I was just pointing that in case when this all takes place wasn't clear, which I could understand, its not really talked about much.

Thomas changes the composition of the bow and crossbow into a springy, but tough material. He changes the crossbows butt into a very resistant material, and puts a scope on the crossbow.
Hmm, well this could go a few ways. How much are you willing to spend on this bow/crossbow? Because you can get a rather standard bow for pretty cheap, but for a bit more you could get something really interesting.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: July 02, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »

May finally realized why Steve was such a Snarky Asshole who called everyone on the ship brainless idiots: Because he was composed of brainless idiots who died.

Making her way into the Armory, May asked the Armory Master, "Do you have anything for breast support? Steve reccomended duct tape, but is there a better alternative?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: July 02, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »

You take your tray of greenish gray goulash and flop down in front of the tv. The current thing on is about something call the "Samsonite Abyss"
Gorat shrugs at the meal, intently watching the program to avoid looking at the goulash too much. After he is finished eating, he lights another standard cig.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3638 on: July 02, 2012, 04:37:03 pm »

May finally realized why Steve was such a Snarky Asshole who called everyone on the ship brainless idiots: Because he was composed of brainless idiots who died.

Making her way into the Armory, May asked the Armory Master, "Do you have anything for breast support? Steve reccomended duct tape, but is there a better alternative?"

The armory master takes a moment to look at you and then turns back to her book.

"What size are you?"

Gorat shrugs at the meal, intently watching the program to avoid looking at the goulash too much. After he is finished eating, he lights another standard cig.
The Samsonite Abyss is, according to the program, an anomaly that recently appeared on the property of the Samsonite Family. The news story isn't terribly explicit in what the anomaly is but draws a connection to something called the "Hadad labyrinth", a similar anomaly that appeared in the Hadad university and resulted in the disappearance of several students.

You light up another cigarette.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »

"I'm going to go with an E."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: July 02, 2012, 04:48:27 pm »

((Simulacrus is in VR simulation, last action was testing the monoatomic wristblade on construction materials.

I'll be back in control tomorrow, In all likelyhood.))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:10:58 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: July 02, 2012, 05:02:03 pm »

"Hey Steve, how many recruits are there in here at one time anyway? It seems like there's always several full shuttles per mission, but I can't find any more than, I dunno, two shuttles' worth in here?

Just seems kinda strange. Do you have multiple bays for some reason or something?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: July 02, 2012, 05:09:34 pm »

I'm thinking 3 for the crossbow, 2 for the longbow. How much better would they be if I put 5 into each?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »

The Samsonite Abyss is, according to the program, an anomaly that recently appeared on the property of the Samsonite Family. The news story isn't terribly explicit in what the anomaly is but draws a connection to something called the "Hadad labyrinth", a similar anomaly that appeared in the Hadad university and resulted in the disappearance of several students.

((Sneak preview of next mission?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: July 02, 2012, 06:08:05 pm »

((Probably. My character was watching a show about the Endive Serial Murderer during the last mission))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 2101