_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931218 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a Omnicidal idiot.
« Reply #3510 on: July 01, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »

((Hehehe, I can see it now: People falling over every time they try to walk through a doorway, courtesy of the long poles strapped to their backs. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:15 pm »

I suppose that's the best option... it's a shame there's no easy way to blend in and remain uncopiable, but oh well. How many people roughly will there be?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: July 01, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »

(@Caellath: The poles aren't really a good idea. If he can take over our minds, then he can just say 'give me your pole', transform into the person, and attach the pole. Then the real guy will be the one everyone thinks is the fake. :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: July 01, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »

((Hehehe, I can see it now: People falling over every time they try to walk through a doorway, courtesy of the long poles strapped to their backs. :P))
((Is Charro willing to do a dual test with Feyri, being a grunt?  :P

Timezones kept us out of this mission, so are you up for devising something that may help in the next?

Also, God Speed to all you who have lived for the fifth mission.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: July 01, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »

((Sure, once he talks to the AM Charro will be heading over to the VR anyway, so you can ask him.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 01, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »

((@SeriousConcentrate: If everyone stays together, that amount of time may be difficult to find. He could try to mimic someone's suit and slip into a group while there is a commotion, but copying the person then getting the pole would ask for some seconds which he may not have. Of course, I'm open to suggestions, since those things are also stupid and I want a better plan.

Edit: Ok, I edited my action and I'll try transmitters.))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:08:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 01, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »

Travis nodded. Hm. An assassin. He was probably more sane than the beetle freak over there.

We're going in with no warning in the middle of the night. The civilians will probably be least in cooperative. If I had played VR less as a kid, maybe I could calm the civvies...but I'll probably just scare them more. I should probably go out by myself, beetle freak and cyborg over there are going to create a ruckus.

Trust no one.

It rang clearer now than before.

Travis gets up, memorizing his team mates and their load outs. (Could you list them?). He then posed a series of question to Steve, before leaving for the drop ship.

"Are civilians on this planet allowed to have weapons? Also, does the assassin's suit allow him to amplify light? Does he have to see us to use his biothingamajingy? Finely, since the assassin can change our biochemistry...can he read minds? I mean, could he figure out our personality and mimic it, or at least pull strategic data?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:26:32 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: July 01, 2012, 10:28:01 pm »

((Also, finally read the new mission.

I really wish you all luck there. You're basically fighting Jack the Ripper, in a general non-biased sense.

I really wish I was in this mission.  :P Cursed Psychological training, why don't you get used at the best of moments!

Well, at least the team has Irony and Toaster. Those two can [IMO] and are, great sleuths of wordplay and making out who is who.))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:30:46 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:08 pm »

((I might be, but Thrak sure isn't!

Piece:  Are the gauss shotgun and rocket slug thrower conventional or exotic (since they're implanted)?  The rocket slug could be a Bad Thing at -1.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »

((Did anyone think of mind reading from our dear Executor? Thoughts have chemistry to them.  :P
At least he can't touch our explode-devices.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3520 on: July 01, 2012, 10:43:32 pm »

(Sorry for the ninja. :)) Yeah, I'll do my best to not tear people limb from limb or slap someone into a sleeper hold unless I'm sure it's the guy we're looking for, but, well... Just have to see. ^^^ Also, I think Jim is probably safe from being copied. Those big-ass gorilla arms from Erik will prevent that. I hope. >.> Finally, question for PW: Do I actually still have my Cameyes, or were they only in my head so I lost them when I lost that?)
Yeah, they're gone.

((Cyborg cleaver envy is officially a thing))

Charro finally gets bored of the TV, clambering to his feet and wandering off towards the armory.
"Hello, again!" He greets the Armory Master warmly with a wave. "How's business? Looks like I survived one mission, huh? More-or-less..."
He frowns a bit, then continues. "So, yeah. I was wondering, you know, those higher-level suits are pretty expensive, right? Would it be possible to buy just the helmet of one? Since people can be revived anyway as long as their brain survives, I figured just buying a helmet would be a good cost-cutting thingy."
He shifted uncertainly as he awaited a response. He was pretty sure that could've been worded better, argh...
"The helmets for all the MK suits are all the same, basically. And Battlesuits don't have helmets."

"Olay! And do you know if you could feminize me a bit more? Jaw, lips, eyes, Put a bit more accent on the breasts and buttocks, muscle tone, etc.?
"Sure..." the random doctor says, still looking a bit startled.

((I wasn't sure if it'd work or not.  Oh well.))

After discussing with the Armory Master [Mostly her lecturing him on proper usage of a kinetic amp], Thrak leaves the armory without buying anything.  Clueless that there is tactical discussion in the briefing room, he heads straight for the shuttles.

"Let's get it on, bros!"
You get on the shuttle and wait for everyone else.

"Well, at least I have a tinge of musicality in me.

"Hmm, now a coilgun//gauss gun works differently from this railgun. Knowing my physics, nobody has ever tried to make a rapid-fire railgun yet, just one with tons of firepower backed by explosive sabot rounds.

"Now, I'll try making the former, along with AP-Type rounds but first..."

Explode LESHO Rifle.

. . .

"Computer, could you run a test if a thrown Tesla Sabre could still activate when 'gripped' by a Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifier and act like a thrown...sword?" The feasibility of this test would be for performance, but perhaps it would shift the benefits of a short range weapon into a ranged drawback weapon.

Do the above.

"If this Railgun version works, Id finally have something to use that doesn't affect my allergies."
The exploded rail gun looks...well, like a rail gun. Its pretty much nothing but two rails with a power source to drive the round. Everything other then that is just loading and holding the rounds or the computer.

As per throwing a tesla sabre? Yeah...you could do that. Hell, you could just tape the button down. If you really want to.

Jim would head to the shuttle once the other nine participants were there.
You get ready to do something. HNNNNNNNG

(Did anyone read my plan(s)?  I'm quite fond of the one where we dress up as pirates and scare people.)
Shuttle, ho!
Shuttle, ho!

"What kind?"

Lukas sighs. "Well, I guess I'll just take the Xeno Spit then. Or were you talking about the cigs?"
"Both really." The armory master says as she slides a bottle to you.

Head past the armory and ask the cost of my current laser design, then get into the shuttle.
(Which laser is that again?)

((@GM: Did Steve also say the killer's cloak can't mimic a person with a long pole attached to their back?

@People wondering if Milno will go around killing innocents: He is mostly pragmatic in relation to plans. Understand that as you want :P))

((Also, to get things going faster, I'll mostly research prices and whatnot and you can say I got the things I pick afterwards if I take too long.))
"I got to do something before we leave."

1- Go to the VR Machines and create an option for the MkIII that may be easily activated by Milno if his brain starts to be hijacked and he resists even if for one second: It should let loose enough drugs to knock him out cold for a couple of minutes.
2- In the same machine, check for the price of a dynamic camouflage system able to hide both Milno's figure, making him "invisible" and masking the sound of his rocket pods, if possible, if he moves slowly.
3- Check the price for the extra rocket pods and armor for them.
4- Search for anything that can be bought capable of blocking the assassin amp's suggestion or enhancing the resistance to it, such as a drug to be released in emergencies to avoid the body's chemistry from being overriden.
5- If the cloak really can't mimic the poles, Milno goes on to get long pieces of metal or whatever from the scraps at the rec room along with the ones he already has, moves on to get paint, and wire/rope/thread from the armory master. Subsequently, he paints each piece with a different color and ties them to the back of each squadmember. It was unfortunately the best option found.
6- Ask Steve if his cloak or/and implants can resist an EMP. Search for the prices of EMP grenades.

"We need a list of the group's weaponry so we may divide it evenly."
(can't do the poles.)
1. you could do that, but it would require an aux roll to program it.

2. There are some "simple" dynamic camouflages, but they don't muffle the sound of your rockets.

3. You can add another 1/10 extra fuel pods for 1 token. As per armor all over the pods, thats gonna be more like 5 tokens since they're kinda big.

4. There's nothing you can find like that.

5. Those poles have been taken away by now. You've got 3 poles left.

6. They're shielded against emp.

I suppose that's the best option... it's a shame there's no easy way to blend in and remain uncopiable, but oh well. How many people roughly will there be?

>Lots.  There's 32 homes there, so figure say, 3-4 average occupants each.

Travis nodded. Hm. An assassin. He was probably more sane than the beetle freak over there.

We're going in with no warning in the middle of the night. The civilians will probably be least in cooperative. If I had played VR less as a kid, maybe I could calm the civvies...but I'll probably just scare them more. I should probably go out by myself, beetle freak and cyborg over there are going to create a ruckus.

Trust no one.

It rang clearer now than before.

Travis gets up, memorizing his team mates and their load outs. (Could you list them?). He then posed a series of question to Steve, before leaving for the drop ship.

"Are civilians on this planet allowed to have weapons? Also, does the assassin's suit allow him to amplify light? Does he have to see us to use his biothingamajingy? Finely, since the assassin can change our biochemistry...can he read minds? I mean, could he figure out our personality and mimic it, or at least pull strategic data?"
Travis:Crystalline projector
Milno: fuck tons of weapons
Jim: Giant gorrila arms and psychic powers
Mesk: Cutting torch and razor, and an advanced kit.
E:Prototype rifle
renen: MK II suit and nothing else
Ivan: Gauss rifle and handlaser
Thrak: AHHHHHHHHH
Kyle: Microwave field manipulator
Maurice: Big o' knife.

>Yes. No.No.Yes.

((I might be, but Thrak sure isn't!

Piece:  Are the gauss shotgun and rocket slug thrower conventional or exotic (since they're implanted)?  The rocket slug could be a Bad Thing at -1.))
Conventional

Jeez guys, you're posting so fast I can't get a post out :P

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: July 01, 2012, 10:54:33 pm »

Head past the armory and ask the cost of my current laser design, then get into the shuttle.
The extra battery, plus cutting power one.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: July 01, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »

"Grumble. Stupid diaper thing. Doc! I want new legs! These ones are sub-optimal."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3523 on: July 01, 2012, 11:00:48 pm »

The extra battery, plus cutting power one.
Oh, the hand laser one. Like 3 token.

"Grumble. Stupid diaper thing. Doc! I want new legs! These ones are sub-optimal."
The Doctor looks at you for a moment and then keeps walking. "Have test subject already."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: July 01, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »

"Okay! Whenever your ready doc!" May layed back down.
Go through feminization.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 2101