_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930931 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3390 on: June 30, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

((That and/or when the Doctor gets a new pet, he gets alllllll the goodies.

I mean, only the absolutely essential parts of his brain. That's pretty hardcore.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 30, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »

Hmm.  Well, let's make the needles barbed so they stick.  Can't go around leaving holes in people's space suits, or reusing needles.  And I'm not so concerned with reloading or immediately replacing them, that's why the system is replicated on each limb.
The mounted portion of the system doesn't need to be complex; just enough to hold everything in place, and connect it to the suit's systems.  A clamp should probably be good enough.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3392 on: June 30, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »

((Well, why not?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This all correct?))
As far as I can see. Welcome aboard.

(I'm guessing Toaster got a really good behind-the-scenes roll. :P)

Jim kicked the corpse away and charged the next opponent, going for the legs in a broad sweep.
[dex:2+1]
[Man dex:2-1]
[str:1]
You charge the man, who takes one look at you and immediately backs himself into a corner, swinging low and trying to take him out at the knees. Unfortunately you swing too wide and end up losing almost all the force of the blow as the tip of the sword drags through the heavy wood of the walls, coming to a stop just beside the man's legs, but not touching him.

Hmm.  Well, let's make the needles barbed so they stick.  Can't go around leaving holes in people's space suits, or reusing needles.  And I'm not so concerned with reloading or immediately replacing them, that's why the system is replicated on each limb.
The mounted portion of the system doesn't need to be complex; just enough to hold everything in place, and connect it to the suit's systems.  A clamp should probably be good enough.

Ok, well that needle isn't gonna get through the suit anyways,they'll just bend as they are, but even if it did it's still hollow, so leaving the needle there would still mean breaching the suit. But barbed, detaching needles it is.

And a clamp, alright, done and done.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 30, 2012, 04:00:35 pm »

(( Yeah, in the briefing room - I figured that would be the least crowded room in the whole area right now))
Come to think of it - a mission is in progress right now, right, Steve? Because the whole place feels rather empty, like missing a good chunk of us convicts, and no one seem to be concerned with it.

Read more about walking mode: number of the legs, number of the joints in those (if any), movement pattern (if any), etc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:05:03 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3394 on: June 30, 2012, 04:07:33 pm »

(( Yeah, in the briefing room - I figured that would be the least crowded room in the whole area right now ))
Come to think of it - a mission is in progress right now, right, Steve? Because the whole place feels rather empty, like missing a good chunk of us convicts, and no one seem to be concerned with it.

Read more about walking mode: number of the legs, number of the joints in those (if any), movement pattern (if any), etc.

>Yeah, there's a mission in progress. As per no one being concerned, I'm not sure I can help you with that, seeing as I am the least concerned of them all.

The display isn't showing anything.

As per that walking mode, judging from the diagrams, the thing has 6 legs, each with 3 joints. It probably walks a lot like an insect.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 30, 2012, 04:07:51 pm »

Jim took a few steps back and decided to try a different tactic: wait for the man to attack, then parry and counter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 30, 2012, 04:10:30 pm »

((Shit, son.))

Thrak would have been drooling if the capacity was still there.  This was some intense stuff.  Just think- if this was stuff for an entry grunt, what awesome stuff would he get after a few missions?

The comment about "superfluous parts" went straight past him.

"This is some dope shit, brosephus!  Do I need to recharge the laser stuff?  How do I reload the guns?  Oh right, scabbard!"

Thrak tries the scabbard!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 30, 2012, 04:17:54 pm »

Gorat shakes his head as his mind slowly returns to him. "What?... Where am I? ... right, this Corps thing." He looks around before taking a few careful steps, then gathers some clothes as he realizes his nudity. "Yeah. Guess I remember now. I'm a corpse waiting for funeral." He shakes his head again. "I need a cig."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

((Nice one, Toaster.

Whoever voluteered for remote control of Simus, combat sims, lasers, gauss rifles, kinetic amps, and my new virtual monoatomic wristblade. Go nuts.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

Oh well, if it's not going to puncture a suit it's not going to puncture a suit.  It'll still be useful against unarmoured opponents.  Or allies.
Let's fill those needles now.  Thumb: neurotoxin.  Index through pinky fingers: painkiller, anti-shock, coagulant booster, battle stim.  Same pattern for the toes.
Actually, let's replace the needles on the big toes with 2cm ones before filling them with neurotoxin.  Don't want to accidentally poison a wounded ally, heh heh...
Once that's all done and everything is retracting and extending properly, remember how to Simulate stuff made in Tinker.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3400 on: June 30, 2012, 04:55:31 pm »

Jim took a few steps back and decided to try a different tactic: wait for the man to attack, then parry and counter.
[Man dex:4-1]
[Dex:5]
[str:5]

You take a step back and let your sword hang limp at your side, waiting as the man recovers from the shock of almost being maimed and nervously brings his sword up. He charges with a scream, sword above his head.  You remain motionless until the instant he swings, bringing your blade up in a flash and slapping his aside. His blow hisses past your shoulder and embeds itself in the ground. You use the momentum of your swing, spinning in  a full circle before bringing the center of your blade directly into the man's throat. It passes through with with barely a shudder and the man's body falls instantly.

((Shit, son.))

Thrak would have been drooling if the capacity was still there.  This was some intense stuff.  Just think- if this was stuff for an entry grunt, what awesome stuff would he get after a few missions?

The comment about "superfluous parts" went straight past him.

"This is some dope shit, brosephus!  Do I need to recharge the laser stuff?  How do I reload the guns?  Oh right, scabbard!"

Thrak tries the scabbard!
You reach over your shoulder and find a handle poking up to meet your hand. You pull it around to see what it is and are confronted with something that looks like a meat cleaver, but greatly expanded; the handle is large enough to fit both of your hands, and the heavy, square, single sided blade is at least 3 and a half feet long, but somehow the entire thing seems balanced in your hand. You place it on your back again and feel something take hold of it securely, as though another pair of hands grabbed it.

"Long cleaver." The Doctor says, nodding. "Should work well."

Gorat shakes his head as his mind slowly returns to him. "What?... Where am I? ... right, this Corps thing." He looks around before taking a few careful steps, then gathers some clothes as he realizes his nudity. "Yeah. Guess I remember now. I'm a corpse waiting for funeral." He shakes his head again. "I need a cig."
You get your clothes on and voice your desire for a cigarette when a voice chimes in.

>Try the armory.

Oh well, if it's not going to puncture a suit it's not going to puncture a suit.  It'll still be useful against unarmoured opponents.  Or allies.
Let's fill those needles now.  Thumb: neurotoxin.  Index through pinky fingers: painkiller, anti-shock, coagulant booster, battle stim.  Same pattern for the toes.
Actually, let's replace the needles on the big toes with 2cm ones before filling them with neurotoxin.  Don't want to accidentally poison a wounded ally, heh heh...
Once that's all done and everything is retracting and extending properly, remember how to Simulate stuff made in Tinker.

That would be saving the file, and opening it in a custom fight in Duel.

As per your thing here, just remember you'll have to buy vials of all those separately.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 30, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »

Jim again attempted to get the drop on his next opponent by waiting next to the doorway and attacking once the man came through.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 30, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »

"This is some dope shit, brosephus!"
((I need to know what his voice sounds like now. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 30, 2012, 05:08:06 pm »

(I imagine he sounds like Zack Ryder or Robbie E. but my bias is evident. :P)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 30, 2012, 05:12:05 pm »

You get your clothes on and voice your desire for a cigarette when a voice chimes in.

>Try the armory.
Gorat raises an eyebrow as he hears the voice, then shrugs. The armory? Odd place to find cigarettes. "Thanks, sir." Gorat ponders if sir is correct as he checks the way to the armory. When he gets there, he greets the Armory Master. "G'day officer. A helpful voice told me I could get cigs here. Problem is, I'm fresh from my coffin and don't recall the payment system here."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 2101