_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931804 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3360 on: June 29, 2012, 02:58:20 pm »

Search according to impact strength and crushing resistance, followed by a seperate search for temperuature change.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:25 pm »

"Kyle."

((Not really much else to do this turn.))

^^

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: June 29, 2012, 03:05:37 pm »

((Eagerly awaits the results of Toaster's modification))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: June 29, 2012, 03:34:47 pm »

"Hmm..."

Spawn a thin block of metal, about a centimeter and a half thick, and large enough to cover the back of my palm.  Drill five holes in it and fit the needles inside.  Place the block on the back of the suit's glove, then spawn some small metal rings to place over the knuckles.  Once that's all done test the apparatus again; if all goes well, the needles should be sheathed above the hand when retracted and extended through the metal rings and past the fingers when extended.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 29, 2012, 06:18:11 pm »

"Probably, hmm.

"Well, Bishop doesn't know anything about configuration of such, so I've to do it myself."

Enter VR: Explode the first 7 conventional weapons and a Tesla Sabre.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3365 on: June 29, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »

Jim took a few steps back and waited for the man to get to his feet, then attacked again with an attempt to knock the man's sword aside and stab him.
[dex:3]
[man dex:4-1]
You wait for the man to stand up and immediately attack him, whipping your blade into his, trying to create an opening in his guard. You exchange a few clumsy blows before he backs off and out of your reach.

Thrak leans up and tries to figure out just how much cooler the doctor made him.  Was this entry-level mods or the big leagues?

"Yo doc-man, you around?"

Examine self, ideally in a mirror if available.
You look down at your hands. You're wearing black, metal plated gloves made out of some sort of heavy, smooth, almost metallic cloth. These gloves connect via a airtight seal to a full body suit of similar design, solid black and coated in overlapping, carefully shaped, black metal plates, like the carapace of a beetle. You feel your head. It's metal, studded with a half dozen different cameras all along the crown and back of the head. There's something attached to the front as well, like a scrap of leather stretched over the unshaped, cylindrical thing that is now your head, but you can't see it.  Hung over all this metal and synthetic cloth is a butcher's apron, secured behind your neck and under your arms, and reaching to just below your knees. It's startlingly white against the solid black of the rest of your armor.

You can't help but feel the power, the ease of movement in your actions as you sit up and get off the bed.

Thank you, I hope it would be enough.
Take the manual and read it in the briefing room. Look out for the section on movement and also see if the scouteye is able to 'stand' in the air (hovering technology? continious jet stream?).
It appears that it can hover via continuous bursts of it's rockets in all directions.

Search according to impact strength and crushing resistance, followed by a seperate search for temperuature change.
There are a few that are good at impacts, though their ways of dealing with it differ.  The first shatters on impact, diffusing the energy of the hit. The second option deforms on impact, while the third remains static, blocking the actual projectile but transferring the force of the shot directly into whatever is behind it.

As per temperature, there are lots, including the standard stuff from the mark I suit.

"Kyle."

((Not really much else to do this turn.))

^^
"Oh, I'm sorry, You're not on the list." The security guard says, shaking his head. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Hmm..."

Spawn a thin block of metal, about a centimeter and a half thick, and large enough to cover the back of my palm.  Drill five holes in it and fit the needles inside.  Place the block on the back of the suit's glove, then spawn some small metal rings to place over the knuckles.  Once that's all done test the apparatus again; if all goes well, the needles should be sheathed above the hand when retracted and extended through the metal rings and past the fingers when extended.
Still not seeing how hydraulics is gonna work for this...I mean, you need to have some sort of long metal plunger from he fluid to press on to push the needles out...Maybe we should just use an actuator? it will be smaller, easier and won't have massive, easily severed fluid lines.

"Probably, hmm.

"Well, Bishop doesn't know anything about configuration of such, so I've to do it myself."

Enter VR: Explode the first 7 conventional weapons and a Tesla Sabre.
You do this thing.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:39:33 pm by piecewise »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 29, 2012, 08:20:47 pm »

Very well, use actuators.  Place on the back of the hand.  In fact, remove the superfluous tubing system altogether and just attach slender vials to the back of the needles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: June 29, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »

Jim presses the attack with heavy, two-handed blows.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: June 29, 2012, 08:56:16 pm »

Read on safely taking off and landing and on slower and safer ways of moving.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: June 29, 2012, 09:03:16 pm »

((This immediately jumps to my mind on reading the description.  Except oh god, did he stitch my face over my metal head?))

Thrak marveled at his new body.  Already he could feel the power and grace of his new form.  Goodbye, humanity.  Hello, new evolution.

What was with the suit, though?  Was the power coming from him or the suit?  Better ask.

"Doc-dude, you around?  Yo!"

Jump around and see what I'm capable of now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3370 on: June 29, 2012, 11:49:10 pm »

Very well, use actuators.  Place on the back of the hand.  In fact, remove the superfluous tubing system altogether and just attach slender vials to the back of the needles.
Done and done.

Jim presses the attack with heavy, two-handed blows.
[Dex:4+1]
[man dex:3-1]
[str:2]
You draw your blade back with both hands and bring it down onto the man's weapon, smashing it out of the way and cutting a shallow gash in his chest at the same time.

Read on safely taking off and landing and on slower and safer ways of moving.
The manual recommends entering simple, single step directions in order to minimize potential problems from miscalculations or errors on the user's part.

((This immediately jumps to my mind on reading the description.  Except oh god, did he stitch my face over my metal head?))

Thrak marveled at his new body.  Already he could feel the power and grace of his new form.  Goodbye, humanity.  Hello, new evolution.

What was with the suit, though?  Was the power coming from him or the suit?  Better ask.

"Doc-dude, you around?  Yo!"

Jump around and see what I'm capable of now.
You crouch slightly and then straighten your legs, springing at least 5 feet in the air and banging your head on the ceiling. You're in the middle of staring at the fresh dent you made when the doctor steps into the room.

"I see. Growing accustomed to it?"

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 29, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »

Engineer a bracket to hold the lens to my finger, also add the battery.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: June 29, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »

Jim grinned and brought the sword around for another heavy blow. He felt he could brute-strength this guy down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: June 30, 2012, 12:11:07 am »

So, test it out.  The needles should retract over the back of the hand when not in use to be completely out of the way, and extend through the metal rings over the fingertips to move with the fingers when in use.  If it works, replicate the system for the right hand and the feet.
Try to decide whether the system can be removed or if it needs to be attached to the suit.  If the system can't be removed without damaging it, plug it into the suit's systems to be controlled with a tongue switch, otherwise just have a button on it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 30, 2012, 01:12:03 am »

What options do the battleship plate and battle suit armor use? What about the stuff used in the normal suits, if they do use that kind of stuff? What's the most effective option?
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 2101