_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932088 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3345 on: June 29, 2012, 12:58:44 am »

(Does anyone else think there should be a Characters page?)

Now add another set of hydraulic tubes to the jumble already there, one tube connected to each needle as before, and attach the pump to the forearm at the same place as the vials, so as to have each needle retractable to fit over the fingers and not get in the way when depressed, and extended over the fingernails as before when compressed.  Check that the system works, that there's no leakage, and that mobility isn't compromised.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 29, 2012, 12:59:43 am »

(Yep, although I think once it's set up, maybe we should each do our own characters.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 29, 2012, 01:44:36 am »

Oh, I probably shouldn't bother them for now. They all look so busy, especially the guy in front of the TV.
Eat the meal, then go to the armory and, casually checking the lists, ask the armory master for technical manuals on the scout eye, the mobile drone platform and the gunner bot.

(( Actually, I'm not very positive about 'each does his/her own character'. Because, well, I'd be too shy to write anything on both of my comparatively pathetic characters  :P and because it's one of the charms of this game (it's not so often among the roleplaying games, according to my experience) that characters are what other people think of them, and much less what their players intend(ed) them to be - that has an impact, but it goes behind the scenes, I believe.
That said, I certainly don't mind if we put some finishing touches to our characters descriptions - it is just that, I believe, 'people know our characters better than we do' or some crap like that :)
Oh, and yes, I do think there should be a Characters page too. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 29, 2012, 03:57:40 am »

-snip-
 ten inches long and 2 wide, and attempt to modify it so that the edges are Monoatomic razors, the monoatomic razors of the blade about 5 inches long, starting four and a half inches from the bottom and stopping half an inch from the tip. The bottom 4 inches are not sharp, they will give it the length to protrude past the hand.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 29, 2012, 04:11:55 am »

((Accidental double-post))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:43:35 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 29, 2012, 07:20:45 am »

((I'm creating the character's page. Quotes page may come soon.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 29, 2012, 07:30:42 am »

((I'm creating the character's page. Quotes page may come soon.))
((I laud your dedication to editing the page!  :D))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:21 am »

Feyri nodded sadly at Bishop's reply (sorry for holding you up...). It seemed her dreams of recreating one of the weapons used in her Merc band wasn't to be with the current materia available.

"Thanks for your advice Bishop. I'll...return to my own devices then."

She asked Steve.

"Um, Steve. Is it possible to create a free-electron laser using the components from...the basic conventional equipment and the Tesla Sabre?" (First 7 conventional weapons and that Tesla Sabre.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 29, 2012, 08:24:56 am »

Bishop shrugged once more and headed back to his VR machine, hopping in and activating Tinker once more.

"OK, let's try something else."

Search for materials that have a higher strength than battleship plate at 1 inch thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:49 am »

((Next step for Milno after enhancing his armor: dispensers to leave motion and/or pressure activated traps anywhere he wants.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 29, 2012, 12:20:23 pm »

"Kyle."

((Not really much else to do this turn.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3356 on: June 29, 2012, 01:30:12 pm »

I just want to take a moment to thank anyone who has been working on the Tvtropes page or who has voted for this game in the hall of fame page-I think we passed multiworlds if Sky ever updates. A big part of what makes this game work is that it has good players and I can't thank you all enough for that.

Jim pulled the sword out and went to stab the man while he was down.
[Str:5] The sword slides free of the door frame after a few good yanks and you turn to bring it down, point first, into the man who is laying a few feet away.
[dex:2]
[man dex:2]
The man rolls onto his back and attempts to scramble away backwards as you come at him, barely moving as you drive the tip of your blade into the ground between his legs.

(Does anyone else think there should be a Characters page?)

Now add another set of hydraulic tubes to the jumble already there, one tube connected to each needle as before, and attach the pump to the forearm at the same place as the vials, so as to have each needle retractable to fit over the fingers and not get in the way when depressed, and extended over the fingernails as before when compressed.  Check that the system works, that there's no leakage, and that mobility isn't compromised.
So...how is a hydraulic pump going to retract these needles exactly? For that to be done you're gonna need to have some sort of mechanism attached to every single finger, like a rail on which the needle and it's housing can move back and forth.

Oh, I probably shouldn't bother them for now. They all look so busy, especially the guy in front of the TV.
Eat the meal, then go to the armory and, casually checking the lists, ask the armory master for technical manuals on the scout eye, the mobile drone platform and the gunner bot.

(( Actually, I'm not very positive about 'each does his/her own character'. Because, well, I'd be too shy to write anything on both of my comparatively pathetic characters  :P and because it's one of the charms of this game (it's not so often among the roleplaying games, according to my experience) that characters are what other people think of them, and much less what their players intend(ed) them to be - that has an impact, but it goes behind the scenes, I believe.
That said, I certainly don't mind if we put some finishing touches to our characters descriptions - it is just that, I believe, 'people know our characters better than we do' or some crap like that :)
Oh, and yes, I do think there should be a Characters page too. ))
You scarf your food and then head to the armory. Huh, there's a new Psychokinetic amp on the list.

You ask for a manual on three specific weapons and the armory master hands you a single pamphlet.

"Sorry, only have the one for the scout eye."

-snip-
 ten inches long and 2 wide, and attempt to modify it so that the edges are Monoatomic razors, the monoatomic razors of the blade about 5 inches long, starting four and a half inches from the bottom and stopping half an inch from the tip. The bottom 4 inches are not sharp, they will give it the length to protrude past the hand.
Ah, well, I see you've already thought all that through. On to the attachment thing.

How would you like the whole knife and handle thing to attach to the armor and the armor and the synthflesh? There are a few ways that it could work and you'll probably want to have different methods for armor and synthflesh, since they both have different qualities. For instance, the armor can have some sort two part system that lets you snap the thing on and off easily, or it can be attached via clamps or straps or the like. The synthflesh is gonna be a bit more complex since tight clamps would make it harder for the arm to move freely. You could always make something that attaches to the metal bone of the synthflesh, but thats a whole new kettle of fish.

Feyri nodded sadly at Bishop's reply (sorry for holding you up...). It seemed her dreams of recreating one of the weapons used in her Merc band wasn't to be with the current materia available.

"Thanks for your advice Bishop. I'll...return to my own devices then."

She asked Steve.

"Um, Steve. Is it possible to create a free-electron laser using the components from...the basic conventional equipment and the Tesla Sabre?" (First 7 conventional weapons and that Tesla Sabre.)

>Probably, but not easily.

Bishop shrugged once more and headed back to his VR machine, hopping in and activating Tinker once more.

"OK, let's try something else."

Search for materials that have a higher strength than battleship plate at 1 inch thickness.
Strength in what terms? Against sharp impacts? Crushing forces? Radiation? Rapid temperature change? etc.

>Toaster
You wake up with a start,  gasping for breath but oddly being unable to take one. Despite this, you don't feel the burning sensation of lacking air in your lungs. You don't feel anything really. The room you're in is similar to the one you were knocked out in, a white room with a single bed in the center, though this one also has a few life support machines along the back, all ostensibly hooked up to you.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 29, 2012, 01:45:42 pm »

Jim took a few steps back and waited for the man to get to his feet, then attacked again with an attempt to knock the man's sword aside and stab him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 29, 2012, 01:47:55 pm »

Thrak leans up and tries to figure out just how much cooler the doctor made him.  Was this entry-level mods or the big leagues?

"Yo doc-man, you around?"

Examine self, ideally in a mirror if available.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »

Thank you, I hope it would be enough.
Take the manual and read it in the briefing room. Look out for the section on movement and also see if the scouteye is able to 'stand' in the air (hovering technology? continious jet stream?).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 2101