_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933649 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3330 on: June 28, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »

Thrak had a blank stare for a second.

"Engagement range?  Wha- oh, you mean like fighting at a distance or close!  Never really used a gun, so I guess up close and personal.  Like super arms or shit like that- those kinetic amp things looked sweet, ya dig?  Super strength so I can punch dudes' heads off.  I dunno, mang, whatever ya got- you're the doc."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »

((Are there NPC convicts/recruits we can interact with on the ship? It's sort of been implied that the HMRC is composed of a rather large number of people at any one time, but we never get to see them except when they're being shot out of the sky. Is that intentional or just because nobody's tried?))
((I need answers! D:

Or I can just try once back on board, I suppose.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:56 pm »

Superimpose the simulated structure for the blade, mechanisms, and housing from the simulated prosthetic to my own, again on the top of the wrist, then try the opening/closing mechanisms. If they function as intended, spawn all three marks of suits and a battlesuit and attempt to both A: Decapitate and B: Cut across the chest/limbs.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »

Elevators?  So, this raises the question, is this the first challenge, or does that start on the next floor? I suppose I should ask the guard here, as if he draws on me, I can get the drop on him in a way he doesn't expect. Or I could just walk by and see if he tries to stop me, I suppose...

Walk past the guard, towards one of the elevators, keeping my microwave manipulator at hand. If he draws a gun, melt a 5 foot circle of the ceiling over his head... assuming I'm far enough away not to be collateral damage.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:00 pm »

(There were, what, six drop ships on the first mission?  And only two survived, including the PCs.  So yeah, there's at least one shuttle worth of other inmates on board, who are presumably a) off having their own adventures, b) not as... interesting as the rest of us, at least not enough to notice, c) dead for whatever reason and replaced by us, or d) busy being just "off-screen", ready to take whatever role the GM needs them to take.)

"Woah, they didn't have technology like this last time I used a VR machine..."
Spawn the following: one Mark I suit, three sets of twenty needles each (2cm long, 5cm long, and 10cm long), large containers storing liquid form or water soluble chemicals (painkiller, coagulant, anti-shock, battle stim, and neurotoxin), various sizes of tubes, vials, hydraulic pumps, wires, and motors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: June 28, 2012, 09:50:53 pm »

(I always interpreted it as the ship being huge and each H.R.M.C. Group gets their own little 'house'. But now I'm curious.)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »

(I always interpreted it as the ship being huge and each H.R.M.C. Group gets their own little 'house'. But now I'm curious.)
((The ship is huge and most of it is off-limits for our characters.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3337 on: June 28, 2012, 10:16:08 pm »

Thrak had a blank stare for a second.

"Engagement range?  Wha- oh, you mean like fighting at a distance or close!  Never really used a gun, so I guess up close and personal.  Like super arms or shit like that- those kinetic amp things looked sweet, ya dig?  Super strength so I can punch dudes' heads off.  I dunno, mang, whatever ya got- you're the doc."
The doctor doesn't answer, but steps in front of you and opens a door to your right, directing you in. Inside the room is just a bed, nothing else. The doctor directs you to lay down and pulls a syringe from inside his jacket as you do.

"You will sleep. When you wake, you will be mine."

The syringe finds your neck before you can say a word and everything goes black.

((Are there NPC convicts/recruits we can interact with on the ship? It's sort of been implied that the HMRC is composed of a rather large number of people at any one time, but we never get to see them except when they're being shot out of the sky. Is that intentional or just because nobody's tried?))
((I need answers! D:

Or I can just try once back on board, I suppose.))
I'll just tell you that you haven't seen anyone else, besides the player characters, around in a while. As per where they went or if they're even still alive, you're not sure. 

Superimpose the simulated structure for the blade, mechanisms, and housing from the simulated prosthetic to my own, again on the top of the wrist, then try the opening/closing mechanisms. If they function as intended, spawn all three marks of suits and a battlesuit and attempt to both A: Decapitate and B: Cut across the chest/limbs.
Few questions. Did you ever say how long this blade is? I don't remember. And where is it going to be mounted? just behind the wrist I assume? Keep in mind that the blade needs to extend past the hand to cut, so it needs to be like 4 inches longer then you want the cutting surface to be.

Elevators?  So, this raises the question, is this the first challenge, or does that start on the next floor? I suppose I should ask the guard here, as if he draws on me, I can get the drop on him in a way he doesn't expect. Or I could just walk by and see if he tries to stop me, I suppose...

Walk past the guard, towards one of the elevators, keeping my microwave manipulator at hand. If he draws a gun, melt a 5 foot circle of the ceiling over his head... assuming I'm far enough away not to be collateral damage.
You walk right past the guard and to the elevator. You press the up button but nothing happens.

"Excuse me," the guard says, " You need a key to access the elevator and you need to sign in before I'll let you use a key."

(There were, what, six drop ships on the first mission?  And only two survived, including the PCs.  So yeah, there's at least one shuttle worth of other inmates on board, who are presumably a) off having their own adventures, b) not as... interesting as the rest of us, at least not enough to notice, c) dead for whatever reason and replaced by us, or d) busy being just "off-screen", ready to take whatever role the GM needs them to take.)

"Woah, they didn't have technology like this last time I used a VR machine..."
Spawn the following: one Mark I suit, three sets of twenty needles each (2cm long, 5cm long, and 10cm long), large containers storing liquid form or water soluble chemicals (painkiller, coagulant, anti-shock, battle stim, and neurotoxin), various sizes of tubes, vials, hydraulic pumps, wires, and motors.
Consider it all spawned.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: June 28, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »

((The ship is huge and most of it is off-limits for our characters.))

(( And now I realize we all live in a giant prison. And here I thought we were special.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: June 28, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »

"Very well then."

Walk over towards the front desk, examine the sign-in sheet.

It's probably a good thing that I restarted the simulation, it'd be awkward explaining a melted door frame.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:39 pm »

Jim looked at the VR sessions already on-going. Mesk was Tinkering and one of the recently-awakened was doing some custom simulation. He half-considered asking if the man wanted back-up, but without knowing his name that would be kind of awkward to phrase. Perhaps he should do a custom sim of his own.

Jim starts a custom sim: himself in his human avatar with a longsword in a room decorated like a medieval tavern. Opponents -also armed with longswords and wearing plain clothing such as t-shirts and jeans - will enter one at a time, all rather unskilled, since he's aiming to see how long he can last before he tires or one gets lucky. He also tries to jump the bell and attack the first guy before he's fully spawned in.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:57 pm »

((Oh dear))

Thrak is out before he can even fully process what he said.

There is no dreaming.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: June 28, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »

"Excellent.  Phase one is complete.  Bwahahahaha!!
"...I hope nobody heard that."

Place suit on workbench and spread the limbs out.  Once done, take the left hand and five 5cm needles and attach the needles over where the fingernails would be on the glove.  Attach vials to tubes and tubes to needles.  Attach vials to back of forearm, with enough slack from the tubes to move the wrist freely.  Place hand inside the left glove and move around a bit, making sure that it's not too easy to stab myself in the palm, that the connections are secure, and that the tubing doesn't get in the way of free movement.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3343 on: June 29, 2012, 12:48:09 am »

"Very well then."

Walk over towards the front desk, examine the sign-in sheet.

It's probably a good thing that I restarted the simulation, it'd be awkward explaining a melted door frame.
You walk to the front desk and the guard sits down across from you. He pulls a datapad from the desk and looks at it for a few seconds.

"What is your name?"

Jim looked at the VR sessions already on-going. Mesk was Tinkering and one of the recently-awakened was doing some custom simulation. He half-considered asking if the man wanted back-up, but without knowing his name that would be kind of awkward to phrase. Perhaps he should do a custom sim of his own.

Jim starts a custom sim: himself in his human avatar with a longsword in a room decorated like a medieval tavern. Opponents -also armed with longswords and wearing plain clothing such as t-shirts and jeans - will enter one at a time, all rather unskilled, since he's aiming to see how long he can last before he tires or one gets lucky. He also tries to jump the bell and attack the first guy before he's fully spawned in.
You immediately attack the first man who steps into the room through the spawn door.
[dex:1]
[man dex:2-1]
You swing your blade at the poor bastard who is just walking in and manage to embed it in the door frame, getting it completely stuck. The man is so startled by the sudden loud bang of a longsword embedding itself in the wall next to him that he freaks out and tries to run, falling face first onto the ground.

((Oh dear))

Thrak is out before he can even fully process what he said.

There is no dreaming.

You'll be under for a while, it's a long process after all.

"Excellent.  Phase one is complete.  Bwahahahaha!!
"...I hope nobody heard that."

Place suit on workbench and spread the limbs out.  Once done, take the left hand and five 5cm needles and attach the needles over where the fingernails would be on the glove.  Attach vials to tubes and tubes to needles.  Attach vials to back of forearm, with enough slack from the tubes to move the wrist freely.  Place hand inside the left glove and move around a bit, making sure that it's not too easy to stab myself in the palm, that the connections are secure, and that the tubing doesn't get in the way of free movement.
Well, you won't stab yourself in the hand as long as you don't, you know, try to make a fist. The connections and setup seem secure enough as it is, and you can twist your arm around without problems.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: June 29, 2012, 12:53:02 am »

Jim pulled the sword out and went to stab the man while he was down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 2101