_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934008 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3045 on: June 22, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »

(Original form with current stats, since his physical stats are the same; I've only pumped Willpower, which is a mental attribute.

As for the Mary Sue discussion, I don't think it's very relevant for RTDs. You can't game the system as much as you can in, say, D&D, and make a retardedly OP/'perfect' character out of the get-go, or just write them as perfect as you could in a solo story. Since you can't just say 'well this dude is perfect and always succeeds' for a MS or 'this dude sucks and always fails' for an AMS, you end up having to play a normal character, which I appreciate. I didn't create Jim to be either; he got a few tickmarks because I did violate a few of the things (clothes that I think are badass / last/only survivor of his kind / has unusual powers) but I intended him to be a blank slate from which I could adapt to the game as it went on, and I think that's always worked out well for me. The other character I played that way, Dominique, is still my favorite character I've played on B12 although Jim is starting to be a close second.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: June 22, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »

((Well? Are my characters bland or good or what?))
((I haven't really noticed them much, to be honest. That might point towards blandness, but it's true of most characters.

So... keep going until you make a name for yourself, and then I'll be able to tell if they're bland or not, would be my verdict I guess. I know that sounds incredibly bizarre, but that really is the measure of a bland or interesting character, right?))

(As for the Mary Sue discussion, I don't think it's very relevant for RTDs. You can't game the system as much as you can in, say, D&D, and make a retardedly OP/'perfect' character out of the get-go, or just write them as perfect as you could in a solo story. Since you can't just say 'well this dude is perfect and always succeeds' for a MS or 'this dude sucks and always fails' for an AMS, you end up having to play a normal character, which I appreciate.)
((This is true to a greater extent than fanfiction, but it's always possible to tend towards Sueness. Note that being mechanically overpowered is neither a requirement nor a particularly compelling sign of being a Sue, for instance. Some Sues are uselessly weak because they've been built in some bizarrely specific way instead of to actually function; the real test is more that they're super-special and important, or are at least supposed to be.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: June 22, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »

((I'd like to point out the party members may need more MkIIIs, even if it takes saving some tokens.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: June 22, 2012, 04:36:50 pm »

(I wonder if I could get rocket pods installed into Jim and fly like Iron Man. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: June 22, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »

(I wonder if I could get rocket pods installed into Jim and fly like Iron Man. :3)

((If you want them integrated into you, that can be arranged.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »

((I'd say that is possible.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: June 22, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »

((What have I done with that link...

ontopic: Battle suit, or MK III? Has anyone thoroughly tested the battle suit, or a simulation with exotic weaponry people [other than AM] like against those with the therapeutic advantages?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: June 22, 2012, 05:24:36 pm »

(I might wait until I can afford the upgraded body before I look into that, though. No reason to do too much work on this one when I plan to buy the 20 token one later.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: June 22, 2012, 05:27:57 pm »

(I might wait until I can afford the upgraded body before I look into that, though. No reason to do too much work on this one when I plan to buy the 20 token one later.)
((You could just reimplant the pods into the 20 token afterwards. I don't think it would be problematic.

@Tiruin: The battlesuit is exceedingly more resilient than the MkIII. Let's say the MkIII has the RL defense of a flak jacket, and the BS has the defense of an APC or a MBT.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: June 22, 2012, 05:33:11 pm »

((You could just reimplant the pods into the 20 token afterwards. I don't think it would be problematic.

@Tiruin: The battlesuit is exceedingly more resilient than the MkIII. Let's say the MkIII has the RL defense of a flak jacket, and the BS has the defense of an APC or a MBT.))

((APC, an MBT would be the Avatar of War.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:35 pm »

((@PyroDesu: A MBT would be the Avatar's cloak. The Avatar's level of resistance is more akin to a bunker with several meters of concrete and metal.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: June 22, 2012, 05:43:57 pm »

(AoW is only ten more tokens than the full-body prosthesis. Maybe I should just save up for that instead.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: June 22, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »

(AoW is only ten more tokens than the full-body prosthesis. Maybe I should just save up for that instead.)
((If the missions ramp up in difficulty, you may want the flexibility and resilience of the synth-flesh body. And if the GM thinks we're getting the cake too easily, he may also change the Avatar's price.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: June 22, 2012, 06:19:10 pm »

((@PyroDesu: A MBT would be the Avatar's cloak. The Avatar's level of resistance is more akin to a bunker with several meters of concrete and metal.))

((Point taken.

I'll probably start faffing about with Simus during/after this weekend, I'll be out of town most of Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning-ish.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3059 on: June 22, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »

((I'd say that is possible.))
Very possible. You'll just have a hard time laying down or sitting in  normal chairs.

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 2101