_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932701 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3030 on: June 22, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »

((So ER charactors score relatively low, for now. Just wait until they get through a few more missions.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: June 22, 2012, 12:34:40 pm »

((So ER charactors score relatively low, for now. Just wait until they get through a few more missions.))
((It is due to the fact they are in a black humor/grim dark setting. And a good number of them did not achieve shenanigans before being shoved into HMRC service. Just read the backgrounds.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:37 pm »

((Simus is 18 on that, but as I haven't really had a chance to play out and flesh out how she is, it's probably going to get lower.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:58:14 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: June 22, 2012, 02:16:44 pm »

Mason suddenly wakes up, remembering nothing after staring at a simulation screen for a remarkable period of time.

(Sorry, haven't checked the thread in days as I've been busy. Just going to retcon it as having passed the f*ck out or some such)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: June 22, 2012, 02:19:48 pm »

((Welcome back. And you lost quite a lot of action and comedy, I recommend you catch up.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3035 on: June 22, 2012, 03:24:03 pm »

Feyri grinned after getting back her balance, "Very...strong arms there. Alright, I concede. Good sparring session, Jim. It seems basic unarmed strikes don't harm you, much. And I wouldn't want to try to grapple you in that condition, unless that size can't fit in close quarter combat."

If Jim wants to fight, evade sideways and aim for an armlock at the back.

If he admits victory, head to the VR and pick 'Duel' with the enemy being the first one I've ever encountered in the HMRC (The diamond thingy) in a naturalist, humid forest landscape.

You exit the sparring ring and set up a duel match between yourself and the metal sentinel

"Understood. Ceasing sparring routines and returning to normal ship patrol," Jim said in his most robotic deadpan. "More seriously, I understand. It must not be much fun to spar when the deck is stacked against you in such a manner. I do not feel pain or fatigue like a human opponent would, and I'm much stronger - to the point where I'm intentionally holding back to avoid hurting you. Good match." He said it as a simple statement of facts, no arrogance to his tone whatsoever. It was simply the way things were. "I think I'll go to the VR machines."

Jim headed to the VR machines and plugged himself in. Once there, he selected 'Punch Many Things' and made sure his mental self or avatar or whatever was his original form, clothing and all.
Original form with original stats?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: June 22, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

((May/Elisaz got a 21 on the Mary Sue test.

That's great. In my opinion, creating a character to be an Anti-Sue is just as bad as a Mary Sue.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: June 22, 2012, 03:43:57 pm »

((May/Elisaz got a 21 on the Mary Sue test.

That's great. In my opinion, creating a character to be an Anti-Sue is just as bad as a Mary Sue.))
((Actually, there are the Villain Sues, and Elizas would fit that stereotype perfectly if all of his accomplishments did not happen to be the delusions of a deranged mind.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: June 22, 2012, 03:49:15 pm »

((Thomas got 12 on the one hellhound suggested. My characters seem kind of bland to me though. Is this diagnosis correct?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: June 22, 2012, 03:56:23 pm »

((Thomas got 12 on the one hellhound suggested. My characters seem kind of bland to me though. Is this diagnosis correct?))

((A Mary Sue is not based on blandness, rather of how much your character is built around being an avatar for yourself for your fantasies.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: June 22, 2012, 04:00:45 pm »

((A Mary Sue is not based on blandness, rather of how much your character is built around being an avatar for yourself for your fantasies.))
((I was under the impression that a Mary-Sue was a character that was just too perfect, and the fantasies part went hand in hand with that.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: June 22, 2012, 04:02:34 pm »

((I was under the impression that a Mary-Sue was a character that was just too perfect, and the fantasies part went hand in hand with that.))

((Does explain some of the answers, though. I think it's for both, really.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: June 22, 2012, 04:06:38 pm »

((I'd consider this the more accurate description, but they're probably fairly interchangeable. Something can only be so perfect without qualifying as an ideal, and something can only serve as so much of an ideal without qualifying as perfect.

In more relevant news, this should be fascinating.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: June 22, 2012, 04:12:16 pm »

((Well? Are my characters bland or good or what?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: June 22, 2012, 04:14:34 pm »

((Actually it applies for both. Even characters that are perfect to the point of getting your eyes rolling but do not necessarily embody an avatar of the creator's fantasies can still be called Mary Sues.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 2101