_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933377 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3000 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »

((Who is this Stefano you speak of? I haven't really been keeping up with the on ship thread while I was on the mission. Can you give me the short version of what people found out/designed in tinker?

Still, she definately knows what she's doing, so she's probably forced to stay here lest she try to escape when she goes back into normal military service or something. Here people can keep an eye on her and make sure she stays under control.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:44 pm »

((Dude who made the LESHO rilfe.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3002 on: June 21, 2012, 03:34:01 pm »

"Cool, that sounds interesting. I'm trying to come up with ways to give better protection against decompression if someone gets their suit punctured, I was thinking of some kind of resealing gel that hardens against impacts and protects against environmental dangers.

Do you know of any other ways that could do the same thing as the foam or of ways that can help protect a person from stuff like radiation, electricity, temperature changes and so on?"

"Well, the suits already protect against temperature change. After all, space is all of 6 degrees kelvin, if you're lucky. Insulated against radiation to a point as well. As per electricity, it works for low levels, but at higher charges tend to get past the insulation. I guess you could make some sort of moving Faraday cage around yourself but...that seems bound to fail. As per a gel that hardens, reseals AND insulates? Nah, don't know anything like that. One thing alone, maybe two, but not all three. "

Well, I would like to start with the microwave manipulator and the kinetic amp because I will probably use them. After that, I don't have any other in mind but could give some tips in general? Renen says.

"Well, the thing about amps is that most people never really think of using them for anything but the most basic  uses. With that Microwave one it's always just heating people up. They tend not to think of the utility of being able to make things hot on demand. For instance, one guy-this was before your time-used his, along with a matter manipulator amp, to forge some really nice swords, knives and the like with edges only a few molecules thin. Another guy hand made bombs that could only be detonated by heating them with his amp.

As per the kinetic amp, with that you just have to think about the question "How can I turn massive amounts of force into a useful weapon". Because thats all the Kinetic amp is, a way to get massive amounts of force. We had a guy, some minor league baseballer, who got himself a bat with a few kinetic amps and proceeded to use random bits of debris as projectiles by smashing them toward targets."

((Who is this Stefano you speak of? I haven't really been keeping up with the on ship thread while I was on the mission. Can you give me the short version of what people found out/designed in tinker?

Still, she definately knows what she's doing, so she's probably forced to stay here lest she try to escape when she goes back into normal military service or something. Here people can keep an eye on her and make sure she stays under control.))
(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg3278155;topicseen#msg3278155) Your character won't know it, but it was touched on before.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: June 21, 2012, 06:33:09 pm »

Online Betting Pool?....

The news wasn't making him feel better. It just reaffirmed the fact that Virtual Reality had 'glittered' society. Why couldn't VR, where chivalry, honor, and respect existed, be the real world?

"Excuse me. The T.V. is yours."

Travis went back into Virtual Reality. He simulated a flowering garden, with a waterfall in the background. Blue skies and hardwoods for miles. A hamack rested between two trees, and he took a rest there.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »

"Well... I suppose that only two are really required I guess. Is there a gel that can seal ruptures and harden against impacts? What did you do to help fight against decompression or prevent it when getting hit?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: June 21, 2012, 09:08:35 pm »

Charro waves spastically to Travis, then grabs the remote and searches for some sort of music channel.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:00 pm »

((Second permadeath strikes!

I am dead. Maybe I'll come back as someone else at some point, but it'll be a bit. I don't do character changes often.

But hey, to quote PW:

You might have actually single handedly turned a dangerous mission into a cakewalk. Assuming of course people can get away in time...oh well, you died in an enormous ball of science! What more can a man wish for?

And just thought of my new character. Going to lay the framework here, now, so I don't forget, I'll flesh it out later:

(Also, PW, is it alright for a character to come in with cybernetics (Chrome-and-titanium, not synthflesh) pre-installed, and maybe a custom job I'd be getting quickly once I get in anyways?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:08:24 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: June 21, 2012, 10:55:34 pm »

((Hey, it is Nekarios in a skirt. Another one for our pervert to grope.

And Nikitian may develop a healthy friendship with her if he does manage to survive that ordeal.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: June 21, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »

((Um, me and Jim already posted our actions for the sparring.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3009 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:57 am »

Online Betting Pool?....

The news wasn't making him feel better. It just reaffirmed the fact that Virtual Reality had 'glittered' society. Why couldn't VR, where chivalry, honor, and respect existed, be the real world?

"Excuse me. The T.V. is yours."

Travis went back into Virtual Reality. He simulated a flowering garden, with a waterfall in the background. Blue skies and hardwoods for miles. A hamack rested between two trees, and he took a rest there.

You create a nice, quiet, virtual world for yourself and relax in a hammock.

"Well... I suppose that only two are really required I guess. Is there a gel that can seal ruptures and harden against impacts? What did you do to help fight against decompression or prevent it when getting hit?"
"Well," she scratches her head, "The problem is that for it to react and fill a space it needs to expand and harden and then stay hard, but for it to be protective it needs to react and then soften again. Something like that is gonna be pretty complex...probably one time use too. "

Charro waves spastically to Travis, then grabs the remote and searches for some sort of music channel.
You search around and find a music channel. They're playing something that sounds like dogs fighting over the sound of a glass bottle being dragged across a sitar.

((Second permadeath strikes!

I am dead. Maybe I'll come back as someone else at some point, but it'll be a bit. I don't do character changes often.

But hey, to quote PW:

You might have actually single handedly turned a dangerous mission into a cakewalk. Assuming of course people can get away in time...oh well, you died in an enormous ball of science! What more can a man wish for?

And just thought of my new character. Going to lay the framework here, now, so I don't forget, I'll flesh it out later:

(Also, PW, is it alright for a character to come in with cybernetics (Chrome-and-titanium, not synthflesh) pre-installed, and maybe a custom job I'd be getting quickly once I get in anyways?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
You can come in with cybernetics, just make sure it's nothing too special. Like jim's body.

((Bishop got the bone marrow treatment.

That is very, very...wow. Confirmed, he is a Bastard now. In the other [our] sense.))

Feyri would try to evade any attack Jim did and counter with a knee to the crotch. Because close-range.

Edit:
Head to the rec room and check shit out.
((You know piecewise would roll for what kinds of shit you would see, right?))
Tiruin link=topic=108083.msg3393137#msg3393137 date=1340337577]
((Um, me and Jim already posted our actions for the sparring.))
[/quote]
Sorry, missed it.
((Bishop got the bone marrow treatment.

That is very, very...wow. Confirmed, he is a Bastard now. In the other [our] sense.))

Feyri would try to evade any attack Jim did and counter with a knee to the crotch. Because close-range.

Edit:
Head to the rec room and check shit out.
((You know piecewise would roll for what kinds of shit you would see, right?))
Seeing that that failed utterly, Jim instead moved his attacking foot around so it was about stomach-height to Feyri and attempted to kick her backwards.
[jim dex:2]
[feyri dex:4]
[feyri str:5]
[jim end:3]
Feyri sidesteps Jim's wild flailing kick and brings her knee up into his robo-crotch with enough force to knock him over backwards. Besides suddenly being knocked over, the blow seems to have little effect on him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: June 22, 2012, 02:48:44 am »

Jim rolled with the blow, pushing himself back to his feet with his hands, and tried a one-handed half-power shove back this time. Two hands might have been too much, but one would probably suffice.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: June 22, 2012, 03:03:12 am »

((Hey, it is Nekarios in a skirt. Another one for our pervert to grope.

And Nikitian may develop a healthy friendship with her if he does manage to survive that ordeal.))

((Simulacrum wasn't my base word choice for the first name for nothing. Simulacrum, noun: Likeness, image, form, representation, shadow, and quite a few others, according to my translator.

But yeah, Nekarios with some swapped around stats, skills, and as a woman.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: June 22, 2012, 06:47:19 am »

((Yeah, I saw the Simulacrum joke. And it seems she won't have the opportunity to meet Nik and try to finish what her brother second cousin started.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:47:28 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: June 22, 2012, 06:56:55 am »

"Hmmmm, not quite what I had in mind. How about options for just resealing suits then?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: June 22, 2012, 06:59:34 am »

Feyri nodded as Jim staggered backwards, her test of endurance on him paid off. "Alright Jim, I'm finished continu-

"Hey wait!"

Try to evade, then bring elbow down in a drop on that arm.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 2101