_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937549 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2805 on: June 17, 2012, 02:01:13 am »

"I'm listening. Go ahead whenever you're ready," Jim said, taking a new leaning position the wall closer to the team. "I suppose Feyri has been quarantined?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: June 17, 2012, 03:37:09 am »

"S-scanning?! What is wrong?"

Panic set into Feyri's heart. Had something from the mission latched itself onto her as they left the moon base? She didn't feel anything wrong, nor did her suit report anything of any other entity.

However, she also felt a slight tinge of betrayal. What did Bishop do, and why did she need to be scanned?

No.

No, perhaps this was just a decontaminating procedure. He said to trust him, and so...she complied, and relaxed her body.

Begin...scanning.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: June 17, 2012, 03:54:08 am »

Charro collapsed back and squinted his eyes closed, not feeling overly interested in whatever Bishop was going on about.
'So I died, huh? Not exactly something I want to get used to any time soon. Still... One mission down, I suppose.'
>Grab nearest pillow or equivalent, apply to ears to block out Bishop's voice.
>Rest.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: June 17, 2012, 04:17:53 am »

"Quarantined would be correct I suppose. It would explain how we all woke up here in the infirmary instead of hopping out of the shuttle on foot by ourselves. So, let me sum this up for you in a few basic words:

Feyri has brainworms.

To be more specific, I think that she got it from you Jim, most likely when you two were alone and you wouldn't talk about what you did together. In order for you to understand what I mean by brainworms, you have to know where they, or rather it, came from. You remember that black disc down on the bottom level? It's basically a region in space thats a lot bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, like kilometers big. And floating around in there were lifeforms that we cannot even sense with our current biological means, and these things ranged in size from tiny critters to huge monsters that were most likely kilometers long.

Anyway, the scientists got a request from the military bigwigs to get something they could use as a weapon or something, so the they decided to catch one of the smaller critters and give it a form that we can percieve with our own senses. They called it a 'worm' and managed to catch one and give it the form of a soundwave. It is literally a noise that's alive, and to a point, intelligent. Thanks to it's containment measures, which was most likely a computer of some kind, it could be downloaded onto digital platforms and that's where you first heard it Jim, on the transmitter."

Taking a breath, Bishop flexes his hand gently to test it under the wrapping and continues.

"From that moment, I suspect that you got brainworms, just like Feyri, so much so that a scan from Steve picked up anomalies in your brain. It transmits to victims by having them hear it's audio form from a host or platform of some kind, and then doing shit to their brain. It was the worm that most likely made you see things that weren't real, like those moving and attacking corpses you get finding, when all they were was images in your mind that were fooling your perception of your senses."

Bishop points to where Jim had his chest damaged.

"Remember that tear in your chest? You probably thought that one of the corpses did it, but to us, you did that to yourself, literally with that cleaver you picked up. You see, I think that the worm can not only make you see or sense things that aren't real, but also change how you think and even control your body to a point, like just before you dropped us down the elevator shaft, you had slammed your cleaver just above Mesk's head. And later, Feyri had activated that strange machine with no instructions or knowledge on how to use it by herself, and you can tell how bad she is with machines.

Anyway, the scientists all listened to the damn thing and lost it and the workers managed to 'cade themselves away and send a runner to the transmitter but he was probably infected too or thought he might have been. That was the body we found by the transmitter, which was wrecked on purpose. He was trying to stop the thing from getting out and in order to prevent himself from fixing the machine, he killed himself by taking off his helmet. The base went into lockdown just after he got out I reckon and sent the automatic quarantine message and somehow the worm got into the transmitter but was stopped in time, and odds are one of the staff or the runner vacuumed all the air out to stop the worm from using air to transmit itself."

He paused a moment to let it all sink in before finishing.

"So yeah, Feyri has brainworms and when I found out most of the key info about the worm from a chip THAT CHARRO DIDN'T SAY HE FOUND IN A BOOK, I told Steve about what I managed to piece together, the most important parts coming from Jim and Feyri, and he jumped the gun and fired at us with the ship's cannons and quarantined the lot of us to scan for the worm. Looks like you've been cleared of infection Jim, so you should be fine and not be bothered from any walking corpses again. So thanks a lot for shooting at us Steve, you douche, but I commend you for doing your job.

And that's about it really. Did I miss anything important Steve?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: June 17, 2012, 04:23:56 am »

Looks like nothing interesting is happening here. Huh, okay. I'll be back... before we enter the stasis pods.
Back to the tinker! As Nikitian approached the VR machine he's been using for so long, he felt a tinge of familiarity. He didn't care for his life - well, too much at least - but he felt bad for his tinkering space and research efforts which were bound to get orphaned in the course of this HMRC career. He felt pity for them: those were the closest equivalent of children he had ever had.
He stroked the helmet and the gloves Okay, if you want it so much, my recently made old friends - one more time before the mission. One last time before the mission.
Try installing in the tinkering space an additional display and an audio set linked to those in the briefing room.
((As for the autogun rate of fire, I believe the current (using the standart gauss rifle generator and circuit) would suffice.))
Add the options of 4-round burst and single fire to the gauss autogun. Check the price and the weight.
Return to that gauss cannon-cutting laser-high energy projector-fused weapon, and label it 'a dragon gun'; fuse in the autogun upgraded to have two magazine slots; use a single LESHO rifle power generator to power the whole monstrosity and the gauss cannon charging circuit-stripped capacitor bank (capable of holding 4*4*6=96 tpu) for storing energy for the parts that need it (the power output being generally charging that capacitor bank and just diverted to powering the high energy projector when needed; also add the option to dump all of the capacitor's stored energy into the HEP).
(( As it would probably end up just plain too big if the fused weapons are all stacked one upon another, it would probably be better to put them like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Check if 'wrapping' the dragon gun around the arm (a tube with the grip and the triggers/buttons put in the middle of the gun, fixed onto the limb with the use of clamps and bolts (accessible from the outside)) would make it more wieldable.
((Post probably too big for an action at this flow of time, so I'll just quote/repost the unresolved parts of it later.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: June 17, 2012, 04:38:14 am »

Team A!
Nevermind. I'm being stupid again.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: June 17, 2012, 04:55:10 am »

Type out a message to Nik:

Have you returned to Tinker already?

I don't blame you. Once I get this generator hooked to my MFM properly, I'll be joining you. I have a mod for my arms I want to see if I can have installed before the mission.

Oh, and I think you forgot to specifically point out your preference for the mission, B, wasn't it?

((Put team b in bold in a post, man))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 05:03:45 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: June 17, 2012, 05:26:48 am »

I'm on Team B then.

Nikitian replied with a message:
Yeah, wanted to do some finishing touches, maybe even carry a prototype of one of my smaller designs' with me to the mission. And yes, team B, I believe I've stated it, haven't I? Might be wrong, though.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: June 17, 2012, 05:32:28 am »

Hm. I thought au heard that we were to state it again, for clarity.

Hang on, I'll be in sim in a few moments, we'll see about our prototypes.

Oh, and a word of caution, even if Steve green-lights a prototype, it'll need physical assembly. He only supplies parts.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 17, 2012, 05:48:26 am »

Steve can green-light a prototype? He can even supply the parts?
Uh, I remember you mentioned something about him approving designs, but even that?..
That's astonishing.

As for the clarifying - Steve, I'd be joining the team B, taking the land route.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: June 17, 2012, 05:53:21 am »

Didn't you see me with the prototype in the breifing room? 100% free parts, although I had to pester Steve a bit with logic to get him to make it. Appearently, we are not the first in this crew to do this, but the other guy designed and built a gun nobody can use yet, as well as breaking quarentine on the mission he just returned from.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: June 17, 2012, 09:12:10 am »

Thomas decides to tinker in one last thing before he goes on the mission. He enters the pod, then creates a compound bow and a crossbow, each with a laser sight and a distance measure on it. Then he creates arrows for them, three types. One is filament tipped, one is kinetic amp tipped and the last is tipped with a very small explosive charge.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:52:44 am by Spinal_Taper »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: June 17, 2012, 10:29:22 am »

((You're better off making a crossbow, it's easier to aim and use, more powerful in each shot, can hold multiple shots without reloading and is probably more sturdy and compact too.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: June 17, 2012, 10:53:06 am »

((You're better off making a crossbow, it's easier to aim and use, more powerful in each shot, can hold multiple shots without reloading and is probably more sturdy and compact too.))
((I'm also one of those people who really likes bows.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2819 on: June 17, 2012, 11:19:26 am »

Ok, we've got all the team set up.

>Alright everyone, get to the stasis pods, we're leaving.

((@GM: ...Did the message get across? I'm actually awkward when playing Milno whenever he is not snarking.

So I don't know if the armory master really got what the thing about remaking it with the integrated plates or if that is your way of saying "less padding means blunt force trauma will asplode your head".))

Milno gets some of the heavier and longer pieces of metal from the ones strewn in the rec room. (booby-trap finding purposes)

I have very good reasons to make you naked and only part of it is dehumanizing you :P
(RUN FOR THE HILLS)
((I think Remalle somehow interpreted that in a bad way.))

(The problem is that integrating those plates means either stripping off the badger thing or taking off internal bits. Theres just no space inside the helmet where the plates could go without moving something else around. I guess you could ask her to shave off the badger portions put them on top of the plates, but they're not gonna fit well. )

You grab some long steel pipes from the pile and stash them for later use.

Thomas went back to his laser rifle, attaching the scope and painting it midnight black except for two red stripes heading straight down the barrel on each side. He then paints a stylized, capital letter "B" stretching from the top of his stomach to the top of his chest onto his outermost layer of clothing.
You do that.

Hm. That's certainly out of place.

Take Crystalline Projector and stab a simulated human's hand with it, using the aforementioned pointy end. Observe results. Maybe it doubles as a melee weapon, injecting crystals?

Ok, here's something important. Normally in the simulations everyone rolls 5's. Would you like the dummy to roll 5's still?

Reexamine it again, if I still can't figure it out, strip it apart and put it back together, I don't want to go into a mission without knowing my equipment WORKS.
[Int:6] It looks like it will charge the battery, but not as fast as possible.

"S-scanning?! What is wrong?"

Panic set into Feyri's heart. Had something from the mission latched itself onto her as they left the moon base? She didn't feel anything wrong, nor did her suit report anything of any other entity.

However, she also felt a slight tinge of betrayal. What did Bishop do, and why did she need to be scanned?

No.

No, perhaps this was just a decontaminating procedure. He said to trust him, and so...she complied, and relaxed her body.

Begin...scanning.
You wait for several minutes as the machines beep and whir and otherwise do their thing. Eventually the voice pops in again. "Ok, we're done here. Your clothes are on the table beside you. Just remove the electrodes and you can go."

Charro collapsed back and squinted his eyes closed, not feeling overly interested in whatever Bishop was going on about.
'So I died, huh? Not exactly something I want to get used to any time soon. Still... One mission down, I suppose.'
>Grab nearest pillow or equivalent, apply to ears to block out Bishop's voice.
>Rest.
You cover your head with a pillow in an attempt to drown out any walls of text bishop may start spewing. You're too almost dead for this.

Looks like nothing interesting is happening here. Huh, okay. I'll be back... before we enter the stasis pods.
Back to the tinker! As Nikitian approached the VR machine he's been using for so long, he felt a tinge of familiarity. He didn't care for his life - well, too much at least - but he felt bad for his tinkering space and research efforts which were bound to get orphaned in the course of this HMRC career. He felt pity for them: those were the closest equivalent of children he had ever had.
He stroked the helmet and the gloves Okay, if you want it so much, my recently made old friends - one more time before the mission. One last time before the mission.
Try installing in the tinkering space an additional display and an audio set linked to those in the briefing room.
((As for the autogun rate of fire, I believe the current (using the standart gauss rifle generator and circuit) would suffice.))
Add the options of 4-round burst and single fire to the gauss autogun. Check the price and the weight.
Return to that gauss cannon-cutting laser-high energy projector-fused weapon, and label it 'a dragon gun'; fuse in the autogun upgraded to have two magazine slots; use a single LESHO rifle power generator to power the whole monstrosity and the gauss cannon charging circuit-stripped capacitor bank (capable of holding 4*4*6=96 tpu) for storing energy for the parts that need it (the power output being generally charging that capacitor bank and just diverted to powering the high energy projector when needed; also add the option to dump all of the capacitor's stored energy into the HEP).
(( As it would probably end up just plain too big if the fused weapons are all stacked one upon another, it would probably be better to put them like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Check if 'wrapping' the dragon gun around the arm (a tube with the grip and the triggers/buttons put in the middle of the gun, fixed onto the limb with the use of clamps and bolts (accessible from the outside)) would make it more wieldable.
((Post probably too big for an action at this flow of time, so I'll just quote/repost the unresolved parts of it later.))
...Get to the stasis pod you junkie. You may also want to buy a weapon.

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 2101