_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935488 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2730 on: June 16, 2012, 05:45:51 pm »

"I'm not much of a swimmer. I'll stick with Team B."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:56:17 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 16, 2012, 05:46:33 pm »

((I still got some last minute adjustements to make, namely returning my laser rifle and getting either armor or another gauss rifle. So I guess it is GM's pre-mission questioning time.))

"I'm not much of a swimmer. I'll stick with Team A."
((Team A is the one underwater.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: June 16, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

"Oh. Just want to say something. If your comms go down, and you can't take your helmet off, just touch helmets. The vibrations will let you hear the other person. Might be a little muffled, but better than nothing."

((Yes this works in real life.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:05 pm »

"Oh. Just want to say something. If your comms go down, and you can't take your helmet off, just touch helmets. The vibrations will let you hear the other person. Might be a little muffled, but better than nothing."

((Yes this works in real life.))
((That is awesome.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:44 pm »

"I'm not much of a swimmer. I'll stick with Team A."
((Team A is the one underwater.))

((I fixt'd it.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 16, 2012, 05:58:11 pm »

((That is awesome.))
((Do you know what is awesome? I'm probably getting that helmet reinforcement with the Battlesuit plates. And if the GM is feeling particularly mean, he may roll for the "touching helmets" proccess.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 16, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »

(This seems pretty impossible.  HAVE FUN YOU GUYS!)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2737 on: June 16, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »

"What's the terrain for the land route? Will there be any significant variances?"
>A few rolling hills, but nothing very large. There are canyon walls on either side and the bridged river in the center, but thats about it. 

((@GM: Would equipping the medium-range kit help the gauss rifle get a bit more range? I was thinking that if the barrel happened to be rifled then it would be so.

Also, do I have enough time to get that amp from Jim?

And finally, how much to protect Milno' central body area with those plates? Chestplate was three tokens, Helmet one but you didn't gave me a price for the one protecting the pelvis area. I want to check how much it would cost to protect the more important areas I can reattach the limbs back to even if Milno loses them.

The back plate is the part for the back of the chestplate? And do these also cover the abdomen?

EditEdit: How would the MkIII rocket-propelled system work in the water?))

"Team A. It seems the most dangerous part of the mission."
1. The problem is that the water slows the shells down a hell of a lot faster then air, not that it makes them more inaccurate. Though it does that too, to a lesser degree.

2.They have to get back on ship before we start this mission because the ship has to actually travel there. So yeah.

3.Pelvis area plates would be like 2.

4.Back plate would cover pretty much from shoulders to small of the back. Chest to about an inch or two above belly button.

Travis had been hanging just outside the briefing room, listening intently. He was somewhat glad he hadn't volunteered, there was no retreat for this team. If they weren't quick, they would all die. All ten of them. That was not to mention all the rebels armed with guns. He had been reading earlier mission briefings, and most of the enemies lacked numbers. These rebels would surely be plentiful.

Travis followed Steve's instruction, strolling his way to the rec room. He was apprehensive, these very same machines are what had caused...the incident. Its the whole reason he's here, doomed to death. There was no way he was going to survive 10 of these missions....

He was skilled with these machines, though. He would have to use them to get an advantage over his teammates, a leg up. For surely someone was going to die on these missions. It wasn't going to be him.

Travis fired up the simulation machines, and looked over the available simulations
You boot up the VR machine and look at the available programs

>Battle of Hexbarax
>poacher
>punch many things
>tinker
>Duel

Any backup team, however unlikely to be employed, Steve? Also, are the rocket pods completely useless underwater?

Now, the mission. The anti-air cannons would take some explosives to get offline, right? At least that'd be the easier way of dealing with those, I suppose. Now, the aquatic part of the mission - I guess the melee weapons (just not the monorazor, I think) and the field manipulators/amps would excel there.
Since I'm better at using guns, I guess I'd fare better with team B; but I'm ready to take the bullet in place of any of you, comrades, so you might want me to join team A.
What do you say, comrades?

((@Orb Really sorry, looks like my character won't be able to switch out now. The backup team might be issued, though. ))

>rocket pods will work, just not very well. You could take down the cannons with explosives, but you could also just kill everyone controlling them too. And probably, yes, melee would work nicely, assuming you can actually move very well underwater.

Milno tapped his leg's armor and watched as Faith's face started to change.

"So, how is the living thing inside your mind going? Perfect, I guess, since the doctor never mentioned anything bad about the mutation within you."
Faith shot Milno a glare.

"I'm fine, Milno. I was just discussing neurotransmitter resistance with the Doctor. Your concern for that is touching."

"How well equipped are the rebels? Also, Faith should probably have the best with her, seeing how she can go off the wall and start slaughtering people."
"But... I don't want to slaughter anyone.

...also, I'll be right back."

Taking off in a slight hurry, she headed straight for the Armory Master.

"Excuse me, I need a kinetic amplifier. Also...

What do you think our chances are? Did you hear about our current mission? The underwater vault and anti-air cannons? Do you have any advice for me?"

Go purchase kinetic amplifier, pester AM.
You hand over your tokens and the armory masters hands you a kinetic amplifier gauntlet.

"Chances? Poor, same as always. But at least under you've got cover. B-teams gonna be charging dug in troops with nothing but dirt to keep them safe."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 16, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »

"So... go with Team A, is your advice? I was leaning that way anyway, but... anything else you could tell me? This is probably a more difficult mission than either of my other two..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 16, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »

I'm wantibg on Team 2 for 2 reasons:

One, I use a microwave field manipulator. Ask Milno for why it's best that's kept in air, not more thermal-conductive water.

Two, I'm a strategist, not a tactician. Larger area we work in, I'm more effective.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 16, 2012, 06:18:51 pm »

Travis remembered all of these programs. The Battle for Hexbarax was a classic, and he had forced every new recruit in his army to go through a special challenge within the simulation.

The Tinkering simulation he was fond of, for it allowed him to devise new uses for his weapons. He wasn't very good at actually modifying weapons, but he could find new, creative ways to use them, and would pass these tips onto his troops.

Travis selected the Tinkering simulation, and went through the program's help menu to remind himself of all the intricacies of the simulation.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 16, 2012, 06:21:36 pm »

((Posting my decisions soon. Dinner. I'm still pending whether I should go for Team A or B. A = The main mission, if we mess up here, we're done for. Team B = More dangerous, and Milno could certainly help with superior armor. Taking a sniper attachment for the gauss rifle would also be good in this case.

OOC opinions? Milno would actually pick any of them. I'm pending towards A because fo the aforementioned reasons.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 16, 2012, 06:41:16 pm »

Okay, Nick, I'm on Team B then. Nikitian smiled at something.
 While waiting for other comrades' responses, he toyed with his datapad and made some updates to the research results document, including those about not yet designed, but planned weapons.
Oh, and by the way, I've got some 'useless trinkets' researched, which you, comrades, might want to take a look at. Also, fellow tinkerers, how do you think of me adding your desings to the list in so that our tinkering results could be easily browsed and accessed by those willing to request a weapon or an accessory  of our design?
Also, Nick, I think you may wish to install the gauss cannon power generator to your field manipulator, it should probably take about one token but spare you the effort of buying additional batteries.

((@Caellath I say, go for team A. Since the Mk III suit pods will work underwater, that would give you an edge on the advancing rebels, and that's actually my main concern. After all, if you want, you can aid the team B after getting that artifact if they - us - haven't been successful by that time. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 16, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

"I don't actually have any designs yet, but I give you permision to veiw them, when I do."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: June 16, 2012, 06:49:52 pm »

Oh, sure, and I've already given permission to view my designs to every comrade - might have to do it again, though, due to some technical issues which have arisen since then.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 2101