_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935202 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2700 on: June 16, 2012, 04:03:54 pm »

((Extended Gauss Rifle has more firing chambers and stronger magnets, to increase power and range, I'm trying to make it a sniper weapon. The Nightstick should be about half covered with Amps and around 2 feet long. Essentially a sword that crushes instead of cuts.))
Could you link me to where you designed it specifically? I guess it was called something different when we did it earlier because I can't find anything when searching the thread.

Actually, you only have one token, now that I look at my sheets so...yeah. You bought and built that Power Pack thing remember?

((Any space left? If there is then I'll go.))
Ah yes, you can. Sorry Feyri and Bishop, but people who have never gone get preference. I'm sure you'll understand why.

Our 10 men and women are all set. If you haven't done so yet, get your asses to the briefing room and we'll get to it.

"Hello Nick. I'm Faith."

Attempt to message Doctor using wristpad:

Doctor, are there any long-term side effects from use of my berserk mode?

((The Doctor also has a wristpad, right?))
Yep he does.

Use of machine may cause reliance on artificial systems. Like drug addict. Unable to produce Neurotransmitters on your own. Not serious, machine does for you when necessary. May cause blunted affect. Actual "Berserk mode" effects unknown. Possible long term physical damage if over used. Like athlete. Overstressing of body.  Still, crippled better then dead. 

(( Eh, but the high energy projector amasses that much TPUs (well, a little bit less, but still) for a single shot, doesn't it? Or am I missing something?
As for the low-caliber gauss weapon - yeah, that's the idea. Lower mass means more rounds for the same amount of tokens, which in turn means affordable autofire (at little cost and weight of the ammunition) and hopefully autofire means improved chances to hit at close range. So, at roughly what 'number of charging circuits' is the projectiles' speed high enough to penetrate the standart suit? ))
Examine the built-in capacitor bank of the high energy projector.
Test how much time it takes for the standart gauss cannon to ready the overcharge (essentially, what is the TPU cost of the overcharge shot), and see if it can withstand several-simultaneous-charging-circuits overcharge shots (start with 2 and go up to 5).

Actually, Steve, that was one of the most inspiring speeches in my whole career. So, grey for ashes and red for blood as the main colours of the 'Corps, and the cry of pain (in your professional opinion, would 'argh!' or 'awww' or maybe 'nooo' be closer to the actual ones? Or maybe some other?) for the motto. That leaves the question of the insignia, but we'll manage it later. Oh, just two more things: according to your experience, what should be the colour of crushed mechanical parts of the comrades? Silver for the sparks, maybe? And the second: what colour is the blood of the synth-flesh (or maybe any other similar liquid - I have little experience with this material, as things made of it were effectively banned on my home planet)?
>The HEP is weird, it's an alien device after all. It doesn't use capacitors. Basically,you just pour massive amounts of energy into the thing and it fires every minute or so. We're not quite sure how it works, but we got it to shoot at things without tearing your bloody arm off so we're calling that a victory.

As per penetrating a standard suit, don't worry about that. Hell, a hand gun could get through a standard suit.  They're really only rated against low speeds and weak impacts, like falling down on broken glass or something.

The cannon takes about three times as long to charge the overcharge then to fire normally (about 6 seconds). It can withstand more then one circuit but not more then 3, and even at that point it's straining not to explode. The gauss cannon is pretty much as near to tearing itself apart as the engineers felt like making it.

>You're a weird one aren't you? Synth blood is white.  Crushed mechanical parts are usually a mix of silver, black and whatever color any internal parts or fluids are. Usually fluids are made very bright blue so leaks are easy to spot though.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: June 16, 2012, 04:05:49 pm »

"Steve, do you have bagels?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: June 16, 2012, 04:10:20 pm »

Message back:

Would fibroblast enhancement therapy remove the risk of long-term physical damage? Can physical damage of that sort be repaired in other ways? Is there any way to deal with the neurotransmitter issue beyond artificially enhancing or compensating for it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2703 on: June 16, 2012, 04:23:51 pm »

"Steve, do you have bagels?"

>I'm not a toaster.

Message back:

Would fibroblast enhancement therapy remove the risk of long-term physical damage? Can physical damage of that sort be repaired in other ways? Is there any way to deal with the neurotransmitter issue beyond artificially enhancing or compensating for it?
Fibroblast would help. Can be treated other ways too. Neurotransmitter problem only if artificial system used too often. Recommend not getting scared or angry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: June 16, 2012, 04:25:39 pm »

Wait, what do you mean "use?" I thought you mean activating it, are you saying the suppression effect might trigger that?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: June 16, 2012, 04:27:56 pm »

"Prove it."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2706 on: June 16, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »

Wait, what do you mean "use?" I thought you mean activating it, are you saying the suppression effect might trigger that?
Yes.

"Prove it."
You collapse to the ground, writhing in pain as electricity courses through your brain stem.

>Huh, I seem to have the ability to turn idiots crispy. Perhaps I am a toaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: June 16, 2012, 04:39:26 pm »

Faith suddenly felt somewhat nervous. That sort of insidious nervousness that came primarily from trying not to be nervous.

Taking a deep breath, she messaged the Doctor back.

I see. Thank you for the information.

By the way, how complete is that anti-mindrape system you were developing? I doubt I'll need it this mission, but I'm curious.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: June 16, 2012, 04:43:56 pm »

Thanks, Steve. Oh, and I'm not weird, just poor and deluded, you know.
Also, looks like enough people have volunteered for the mission, right?

Save the designs and file them away. Make sure to put the back up version of the schematics on my datapad.
Head for the briefing room.

Uh, sorry for being late. I'm Nikitian Greiss, by the way (as I see here some not yet familiar faces), and I'm proud to serve alongside with you, comrades.

(( Actually, I guess I could swap out of this mission's teams to make room for someone who really really wants it but for some reason didn't make it into the lists, and maybe try to persuade PyroDesu's character to do the same. What do you say? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2709 on: June 16, 2012, 04:45:37 pm »

Thanks, Steve. Oh, and I'm not weird, just poor and deluded, you know.
Also, looks like enough people have volunteered for the mission, right?

Save the designs and file them away. Make sure to put the back up version of the schematics on my datapad.
Head for the briefing room.

Uh, sorry for being late. I'm Nikitian Greiss, by the way (as I see here some not yet familiar faces), and I'm proud to serve alongside with you, comrades.

(( Actually, I guess I could swap out of this mission's teams to make room for someone who really really wants it but for some reason didn't make it into the lists, and maybe try to persuade PyroDesu's character to do the same. What do you say? ))
Do as you wish but I think they were just volunteering because no one else was.
Faith suddenly felt somewhat nervous. That sort of insidious nervousness that came primarily from trying not to be nervous.

Taking a deep breath, she messaged the Doctor back.

I see. Thank you for the information.

By the way, how complete is that anti-mindrape system you were developing? I doubt I'll need it this mission, but I'm curious.
Miniaturization is problematic. Reminds me. Need another test. Your mind is...different now.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: June 16, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »

"All right. To the briefing room!"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: June 16, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

Faith sputtered a moment, trying to keep calm.

Different how? Different from what?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: June 16, 2012, 04:56:43 pm »

((@piecewise Ah, yes. For some reason I thought there were conscript volunteers who didn't get into the lists. If that's not an issue, then I guess I'll just proceed with getting lost in action. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2713 on: June 16, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »

Faith sputtered a moment, trying to keep calm.

Different how? Different from what?
The thing thats in there. That makes you go "berserk". Might resist manipulation.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: June 16, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »

((Soooo close. Bah. My internet just had to be down for part of today. Oh well.   :-\))

Travis cringed a little. This was certainly not the leader he was expecting.

Uh. No please. But I'll keep that in mind. Do you happen to have simulation equipment aboard this vessel?

(("Edit". Well, reading over the previous posts more closely, I'll gladly take someone's spot if they're willing to give it up.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:10:14 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 2101