_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938067 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((@PyroDesu, SeriousConcentrate Eh, sorry, didn't know. So it's for the better of all if I change my speech colour to something more readable with both of the themes? :-\ Okay, I'll do that.
@piecewise Sure. While you are at it, I feel I have to report on Tesla Sabre battery TPU/sec measurement being most out of place of all of the batteries (it has the same 8 TPU/sec as the cutting laser battery (the second best in terms of capacitance to price ration), but it can work for five minutes (compared to one) while being only 1.5x more expensive (3 tokens against 2) ). Maybe this is intended, however.
As for the gauss cannon,
As per Gauss rifles vs Gauss cannons...probably  one of the charging circuits or generators will be like 4 or so.
Yeah, bad on my part, though I'm not sure if 4 tokens would be for the whole charging circuit, or just for the generator.
Oh, and could you please also think of a similar equation for determining the price of capacitors? Take your time, it's just the generators and the capacitor banks are likely to be used together, I'd guess. ))
Focus on the ARSC design. Convert it from a flying bunker to a slow and steady all-round transport aircraft (expand the design a bit, if needed; strip off most of the armor (leaving some on the underside and bare minimum on other sides), make place for a (relatively) big cargo hold which could be also used to transport troops (at least 16 , preferably 21 or more), add a dozen or two firepoints (protected by sealable hatches) and a seat & controls for the second pilot).
This is proving a bit harder to guess then I thought. Either we're gonna end up with some sort of hard line where the way prices are handled changes or higher level generators are gonna cost more then the guns they're installed in. Hmm.

Anyways, with that gunship of yours I believe you may be getting ahead of yourself. What do you want the propulsion system to be? Rockets? Jets? Rocket pods? You want it to use wings or should it be designed for vacuum? Or both? In reality you may not want to do it like this. You're basically trying to jury rig a b-29 superfortress out of a tank at this point. It may be better to just start with a shuttle and add on.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Gunner, clean off that hill, 2 kilometers north.

((It's not that bad, Nik, I just have to select whatever you say, just the same as with people who use purple, maroon, any of the really dark colors. They're distinguishable, just slightly harder to read.

Oh, and you're going into Shuttle territory with that design. Maybe start with a shuttle?))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:40:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Check for information on details regarding the Altered's mental state, personality, etc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( But the base design of the ARSC is already a flying transporter (sort of winged, as far as I remember, and using rocket pods as the means of propulsion - so probably designed for operating in vacuum as well as in atmosphere), right? Well, I must've gone overboard with its potential transport capacity, but without most of the armor and with a slightly changed hull design (higher ceiling, even more bulky (if that's possible), etc.) it would be able to hold increased crew and maybe even some cargo, or so I thought. Well, the bad maneuverability would certainly hurt, as would the tendency to flip, but hopefully, at lower speeds (as intended) those problems would rarely occur.
As for the fire points, well... Those were more of a(very nice) bonus than necessity, so if adding those is quite impractical or outright impossible that's OK.

Also, are we allowed to come anywhere near posessing shuttles (or anything like that)? Because we are, after all, a bunch of convicts, aren't we? ))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:22:15 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We are always watched by Steve and have spinal shock implants. Even if we got our hands in a shuttle, our chances of escape would still be zero unless you neutralized the implants. Then they would only be frighteningly low.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Plus, I doubt they really care if six idiots in a crappy shuttle actually manage to get out. I mean, they'd care enough to shoot us or whatever if we were right there anyway, but I doubt they're going to bother stopping us from building this or that just for the off chance we'll be better at escaping than we are at getting our jobs done.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Evade.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Gunner, clean off that hill, 2 kilometers north.

((It's not that bad, Nik, I just have to select whatever you say, just the same as with people who use purple, maroon, any of the really dark colors. They're distinguishable, just slightly harder to read.

Oh, and you're going into Shuttle territory with that design. Maybe start with a shuttle?))
The automated loading system near your head clunks  as it loads a new pair of shells. The tank shudders a moment later as the shells hurl down range and the hill instantaneously becomes a bit shorter.

Check for information on details regarding the Altered's mental state, personality, etc.
You can't find anything about the altered mindset save for the fact that they like to gather together and tear the flesh from the bones of normal men, women and children. Huh.

(( But the base design of the ARSC is already a flying transporter (sort of winged, as far as I remember, and using rocket pods as the means of propulsion - so probably designed for operating in vacuum as well as in atmosphere), right? Well, I must've gone overboard with its potential transport capacity, but without most of the armor and with a slightly changed hull design (higher ceiling, even more bulky (if that's possible), etc.) it would be able to hold increased crew and maybe even some cargo, or so I thought. Well, the bad maneuverability would certainly hurt, as would the tendency to flip, but hopefully, at lower speeds (as intended) those problems would rarely occur.
As for the fire points, well... Those were more of a(very nice) bonus than necessity, so if adding those is quite impractical or outright impossible that's OK.

Also, are we allowed to come anywhere near posessing shuttles (or anything like that)? Because we are, after all, a bunch of convicts, aren't we? ))
It's more a hovercraft then a flying transport. Remember I said it can fly, but that it's not designed for it. And no, it has no wings.

It also only holds about 5 people, so making it hold 16 with a cargo bay is gonna need like 3 of them all strapped together.

As per getting shuttles, sure, you can do that. Really there's nothing game-wise wrong with trying to escape or having things you could possibly escape with. Though it would be really expensive, obviously, so you'd need to get a lot of people all backing it (one of the rare occasions where I'd let you all pool your tokens if you wanted to. Most of the time I won't because...well it would unbalance things.)

Evade.
[dex:1]
[Man dex:4]
[man uncon:5]
[end:6]
You try to dodge away but you feel the blade plunge into your back before you can move an inch. You grunt and then roar with rage before spinning around and shoving the man away, the knife still embedded in your back.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Desperation Attack: Smash dat' Genetalia!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh... You just pissed me off. You just pissed me off big time."
Thomas' vision grew red as adrenaline rushed through his veins, preparing him to deliver a single, powerful snap kick to the torso.

Desperation Attack: Smash dat' Genetalia!
((Of course her desperation attack involves genitals.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:39:46 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Check the status of the front line, see whether it's moving towards us or the Altered.

Keep firing into the deepest concentrations of the Altered, gunner.

((I'd bet we'd have to pool tokens for one of these monstrosities of a tank.

Also, I'm going to be out of town over the weekend, my connection will be sporadic.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:41:45 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, all the cool kids are doing it, so here's some more fan art. Viktor and Milno square off. Nothing to do in Spanish.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think the four-armed synth-fllesh giant's name was Erik.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think the four-armed synth-fllesh giant's name was Erik.))
((*cries*. Oh well.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(('Tis a minor quibble. Still nice.))
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 2101