_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938779 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Oh... This won't be as easy, will it?"

Thomas tries to disarm the man, then stab him with his own knife.
[Dex:5]
[knifey man dex:6]
You weave through the mans blows, moving just enough to let the knife skim by, inches away from your flesh. He brings a hard swing down at your head and you step to the side, placing yourself behind him as he stumbles forward, off balance.

Look up information on Altered and genetic engineering in general, especially the lines between what's allowed and what isn't, risks involved, and whether there's any regional differences in that sort of thing.
Again you scroll through the web, looking for information that doesn't reek of tinfoil hats, Illuminati and general silliness. [Int:3]
Apparently there is a difference between the beings called "Altered" and people who have just had any sort of genetic therapy or manipulation. What exactly that difference is you can't say, something about the process or the tools used to do it. The result, though, is that the altered mutate out of control and become incredibly violent. 

As such any use of the methods of manipulation which create "Altered" beings is strictly a capital offense in all areas of the UWM. Many higher forms of manipulation were also outlawed simply to prevent the chance that something like the altered wars could happen again. Lower level genetic manipulations vary in legality.

Well the Guass rifle isn't designed to have it's barrel move, nor is there even a traditional bolt system, so long recoil actions like that won't work without modifying the rifle a good deal. However, what would work is basically taking the rifle butt, cutting it in two and then replacing a good bit of it with springs. What you'd have is the very end of the butt, where you put your shoulder, be solid, the middle be just springs, and those springs attach to the very front of the butt. As such, when you fire the springs in the butt would compress, like the suspension on a car, and lessen the impact.
((Sounds both good and simple. How much would it cost?))
Oh, token or 2. Lets go with 1.
Big Splash... :D
Kick Lukas.
[may dex:5]
[lukas dex:3]
[may str:2]
May rolls onto her back as Lukas approaches and slams her foot directly into his knee. It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Remove the suit and let it lie just beside my VR machine (if I'm not clothed under the suit, do so at the bunk, then put my clothing back, and return to the VR machines room).
Enter the tinker simulation and check the price on the gauss cannon power generator and the LESHO Rifle power generator; search the lists for a power generator with output of roughly 6 or 8 TPU per second, and a single capacitor of the same capacitance (check their prices).

Upon receiving Nick's voice message, Nikitian replied:
"Hmmm, you've already finished tinkering and set up that test simulation? Well, apparently I'm not ready yet, so - could we postpone the start a bit? Or, well, if you're feeling impatient for some reason," Nikitian smiled, "I can get there in a few moments, just let me finish my current research or there's the chance your infantry support will go there unarmed (I've reevaulated my Chimera gun design and might actually have to completely scrap it away).
By the way, do you know what that rocking a couple of minutes ago was? I don't know, but I have the feeling it has something to do with ending the current mission and preparing for the next, and, well, I guess we both would want to finish our research before the inescapable inter-mission hibernation period comes around."

You remove your suit and lay it next to the simulator before hopping.

Ok, I'm gonna skip this for now. Because I'm gonna come up with some sort of equation for determining the price of generators so I can stop pulling rough numbers out of hammerspace. Also because I'm fairly certain I answered this before. At leat about the cannon. hm.

It felt to me like the Sword was firing its Gauss Cannons. That feeling can get fairly distinctive if it happens to you enough, and in my previous occupation, it did. The Magistrate I was working for liked to end engagements from his personal flagship, and those cannons had quite a kick to them. So yeah, I would bet that something unexpected happened at the mission site, and in a while, the mission site will be pulverized, just in case.

And if you need a bit to finish up your own personal tinkering, go ahead. I'll do a test sim without infantry support, and see how well my AMBP performs on its own.

Unpause the sim and see what's going on.
The sim starting point looks pretty much the same as the first time, just a little further away.

Travis was worried. Was no one running this boat? A ship is only as good as its leader.

Travis looked for a random person, and asked who was in charge, and how he might contact him/her.

You walk into a room marked "Armory" and up to a kiosk set in the wall. The woman manning the kiosk doesn't even look at you ask you speak.

"Excuse me, but who is in charge here?"

She turns a half interested eye to you and asks "Whats your name?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

May rolls onto her back as Lukas approaches and slams her foot directly into his knee. It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Big splash...Again!!!
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Gunner, take that pack out, dual LESHO cannons. Driver, advance to one kilometer of the front lines. Let's not get too close, if those lines break, the Altered will be all over us in seconds.

Whilst my orders are being followed, look at my overhead view to asses the terrain, as it should be.

((And yes, I am using Darkling.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:15:31 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Look up information on the Altered Wars.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Travis choked. The woman eyed him as if he was insignificant, like he was a fly on her wall, waiting to be swatted by her flyswatter.

I...uh..... Travis. Travis Stratnin. The new recruit.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Orb: You should totally ask for alcohol at some point. I just re-read your character sheet, and a drunk Travis might get along with Ivan the Terrible Team-Killer.

Also, Piecewise, in your short character descriptions, you misspelled my name. There's no u in Nekarios.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:43:08 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but Ivan the Teamkiller already has a characteristic weapon: the "Teamkiller" gauss rifle. Even while Milno was using that thing, it hit both shots at Juno and while fighting Erik, the same slug that destroyed its head also hit Faith's helmet afterwards, although it did not land squarely. It is like that rifle thirsts for the blood of allies.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but Ivan the Teamkiller already has a characteristic weapon: the "Teamkiller" gauss rifle. Even while Milno was using that thing, it hit both shots at Juno and while fighting Erik, the same slug that destroyed its head also hit Faith's helmet afterwards, although it did not land squarely. It is like that rifle thirsts for the blood of allies.))
((I upgraded the kick as well))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Kick him.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jump up and counter Lukas with a flying Dropkick.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Gunner, take that pack out, dual LESHO cannons. Driver, advance to one kilometer of the front lines. Let's not get too close, if those lines break, the Altered will be all over us in seconds.

Whilst my orders are being followed, look at my overhead view to asses the terrain, as it should be.

((And yes, I am using Darkling.))
You pull up the terrain map as the tank's cannon's fire a pair of  rounds off into the distance. The land here is fairly flat and uninteresting, with the only real point of interest being a rather high hill about 2 KM to the north,still behind the front line.

Look up information on the Altered Wars.
[int:3+1]
The altered wars were a multi-system conflict that began soon after the introduction of new methods of genetic manipulation. Those who underwent procedures with these methods became violent to all but each other and banded together into a unfocused but seemingly endless army. The war was the pre-UWM and UWM's attempt to safeguard its worlds and prevent the spread of both the altered genetic engineering process and the altered themselves. Though effecting only a limited number of systems the casualties were enormous and all planets felt the pull of enlistment as the armies of man struggled against a constantly evolving foe.

In the end, mankind was successful and the last vestiges of the Altered were hunted down off planet.

Travis choked. The woman eyed him as if he was insignificant, like he was a fly on her wall, waiting to be swatted by her flyswatter.

I...uh..... Travis. Travis Stratnin. The new recruit.

"Hey Steve, Travis here wants to know who is in charge around here."

>Oh does he? Well Travis, My name is Steve and I will be your overload today. Can I interest you in a blooming onion or perhaps a high voltage shock to the brain stem?

Kick him.
[man dex:6-1]
[Dex:6]
The man senses your attack and dodges, pirouetting out of the way. Your kick slams through the air where the man used to be, missing entirely and putting you off balance.

Jump up and counter Lukas with a flying Dropkick.

Big splash...Again!!!
[lukas Dex:6]
[may dex:1]
[may end:2]
Lukas leaps into the air before May can react and comes down onto her chest like a freight train, crushing the air out of her and pinning her to the ground. May barely maintains consciousness as the world becomes a fading, soupy mess; her arms and legs struggle weakly against lukas' weight.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I thought a roll of [2] on endurance meant the spar ended. I guess it only applies when the fighter is already tired and rolls a [End:3-1].))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((I thought a roll of [2] on endurance meant the spar ended. I guess it only applies when the fighter is already tired and rolls a [End:3-1].))
Technically, this is where you and jim usually stopped, before anyone was unconscious. May is barely  holding on here.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@PyroDesu, SeriousConcentrate Eh, sorry, didn't know. So it's for the better of all if I change my speech colour to something more readable with both of the themes? :-\ Okay, I'll do that.
@piecewise Sure. While you are at it, I feel I have to report on Tesla Sabre battery TPU/sec measurement being most out of place of all of the batteries (it has the same 8 TPU/sec as the cutting laser battery (the second best in terms of capacitance to price ration), but it can work for five minutes (compared to one) while being only 1.5x more expensive (3 tokens against 2) ). Maybe this is intended, however.
As for the gauss cannon,
As per Gauss rifles vs Gauss cannons...probably  one of the charging circuits or generators will be like 4 or so.
Yeah, bad on my part, though I'm not sure if 4 tokens would be for the whole charging circuit, or just for the generator.
Oh, and could you please also think of a similar equation for determining the price of capacitors? Take your time, it's just the generators and the capacitor banks are likely to be used together, I'd guess. ))
Focus on the ARSC design. Convert it from a flying bunker to a slow and steady all-round transport aircraft (expand the design a bit, if needed; strip off most of the armor (leaving some on the underside and bare minimum on other sides), make place for a (relatively) big cargo hold which could be also used to transport troops (at least 16 , preferably 21 or more), add a dozen or two firepoints (protected by sealable hatches) and a seat & controls for the second pilot).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((OOOOH SHIIIII-

))
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 2101