_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937087 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2505 on: June 12, 2012, 06:14:10 pm »

I'd be willing to bet it hit the weakest spot, the rear hatch. And 1/16 kilotons is nothing to scoff at, it's 62500 kilograms worth of TNT, all hitting the rear exit hatch panel at once.

Pawing through the armory lists, Nick comes across the "High Energy Projector".

Nik, I think I've found the secondary weapons system. I was going through the armory lists, and look at this High Energy Projector that I found.

Rig one up on the AMBP, below the barrels of the LESHO cannons. Make it so that it fires using the same system as the LESHOs (Sans targeting, obviously) and on a different trigger.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 12, 2012, 06:46:16 pm »

(( Yeah, I thought of installing that one too. Actually, I thought of it as the primary weapon (if scaled upwards, to the metal sentinel's weapon and higher)) of another variant of that tank - you know, scrapping all that ammuniton storage and installing a big nice power generator to make the vehicle a breakthrough tank of a sort. ))
Ah, HEP. That mother of all energy weapons (perhaps rivalling even the plasma projector). Make sure to have a lot of power supplied to it, as it takes, according to my calculations, about 300 TPU to make a single shot.
Also, I suggest having a joint exercise next time you'll be testing that tank - I'll be providing you with infantry support.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: June 12, 2012, 06:46:38 pm »

Attempt similar tests with the laser gauntlet, assuming it has diffusion and intensity knobs. Also assess precision and other ability to remove delicate parts.

Also, test power consumption of various settings on both devices, and see what happens when diffusion and intensity are set to max.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: June 12, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »

"Hrmm. This may not work but, it won't hurt to try."

Remove action and barrel, mount it on a rail, and add an electomagnet to the back. Set the magnet to pulse after the slug has started moving, and to push back with an equal amount of force.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 12, 2012, 06:58:51 pm »

Sounds good. In fact - I'll go one better: Your infantry will be able to help out my AMBP crew with targets. Hang on, I'll get a schematic up and running as soon as possible. Not only will your guys be doing it, but they probably won't even notice - it's just a helmet modification. As well, it'll allow us both to receive tactical data from each other.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: June 12, 2012, 07:15:31 pm »

You...what? You want to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8pHma2iAY from where you are on your stomach? How does that work?

((Okay, I admit it is probably too silly - I can't watch youtube movies here btw))

Scrap everything related to the big splash and instead do a kip-up/kick-up (the thing serious concentrate mentioned before). Still attempt to do a backward flip and land on May's shoulders.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:28:07 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2511 on: June 13, 2012, 12:37:56 am »

Face stomp.
[dex:1-1]
[man  dex:5-1]
[man str:6-1]
The man rolls out of under your descending heel and then sweeps his foot low as he stands, catching your leg and sending you sprawling to the ground.

Milno checks how much it would cost to upgrade all of the MkIII with plates similar to the 3-token chestplate.
So backplate, helmet, pauldrons, shin pads, upper leg armor, forearm plates, knuckle pads, and knee guards?
((@Nikitian: With a breastplate made of part of the Battlesuit's chest wafer (less thick than the thing itself), Milno's MkIII would be able to stand up to one minute of laser rifle fire according to the GM. So I think the Battlesuit's armor is still very effective simply because it is hard and thick.))
(( Yeah, I remember that - just wasn't sure if there was or wasn't additional reflective coating thrown in the design. Also, I'm uncertain, what does that plate consist of? I thought it was made of a few layers, so the number of those would differentiate your design (clearly the original one, which I shamelessly try to imitate :) - I hope you don't mind )) from mine (which has just a single layer), but is it that way, really?))
(1/16th kt shell fired from a massive gauss cannon directly into the relatively weaker entrance hatch of the tank? Yeah, yeah thats not anything to scoff at.)
(( Oh, I see. Didn't know where it hit, actually.))
Examine closely the battlesuit layers' material and composition.
See if it's possible to shrink the metal helmet down to something more wieldy.
((I mean, why is it that much bigger? It's just one layer of the battlesuit, and it's not like I took the battlesuit helmet as it is (if it has any helmet at all, with it being more of a mecha than a regular suit). Actually, how thick is one layer of the battlesuit?))
Check the price on the protectorate suit.
The battle suit's armor is very complex, made of 5 layers of armor. The first 3 layers are identical, while the last two are heavier and thicker. The first three are made of some sort of metal meta-material which has been mixed with untold thousands of hair thin metallic fibers, like fiberglass. These fibers are so prevalent and reflective that they cause lasers to deflect and have difficulty focusing on an specific point, acting as insulation as well as greatly reinforcing the metal.

The inner layers are a more traditional straight meta material that seems designed more to protect against brute force.

(it's not that much bigger, but it's kinda heavy. Metal is dense stuff, man. But the helmet won't give you negatives or anything, but I might have to call you names :P)

The protectorate suit is gonna be oh, 10 or so.

I'd be willing to bet it hit the weakest spot, the rear hatch. And 1/16 kilotons is nothing to scoff at, it's 62500 kilograms worth of TNT, all hitting the rear exit hatch panel at once.

Pawing through the armory lists, Nick comes across the "High Energy Projector".

Nik, I think I've found the secondary weapons system. I was going through the armory lists, and look at this High Energy Projector that I found.

Rig one up on the AMBP, below the barrels of the LESHO cannons. Make it so that it fires using the same system as the LESHOs (Sans targeting, obviously) and on a different trigger.
Okie dokie, It's hooked up.

Attempt similar tests with the laser gauntlet, assuming it has diffusion and intensity knobs. Also assess precision and other ability to remove delicate parts.

Also, test power consumption of various settings on both devices, and see what happens when diffusion and intensity are set to max.

The hand laser doesn't have those settings.

As per power consumption, the higher the intensity the faster the consumption. Diffusion doesn't seem to effect anything.

"Hrmm. This may not work but, it won't hurt to try."

Remove action and barrel, mount it on a rail, and add an electomagnet to the back. Set the magnet to pulse after the slug has started moving, and to push back with an equal amount of force.
...physics doesn't work like that. In order for the magnet to push back with equal force it needs something to push against, hence simply shifting the kick from the gun to the magnet and THEN to you.

You...what? You want to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8pHma2iAY from where you are on your stomach? How does that work?

((Okay, I admit it is probably too silly - I can't watch youtube movies here btw))

Scrap everything related to the big splash and instead do a kip-up/kick-up (the thing serious concentrate mentioned before). Still attempt to do a backward flip and land on May's shoulders.
Lift Lukas and then powerbomb him, then mount him.
[Lukas dex:2]
[May dex:5]
[May str:2]
May grab's Lukas as he attempts to lift himself up and then tries to lift him into the air above her head. After a few failed attempts at that she simply jumps on top of him.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 13, 2012, 12:46:33 am »

"Hooohhh.. Heh. So, this again?" Thomas tries to get up. If the man tries to hit him, counter.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Link the HEP to the AMBP's internal generator (Assuming it has one, if it doesn't, fit one), looking for it to be able to fire at least once every 15 seconds.

Open the design for a standard helmet and modify the transmitter/receiver to be compatible with the command console of an AMBP, so that a live feed from the helmet can be put on the command screen and vice versa from gunner/driver views on the AMBP. As well, put a beacon into the helmet and make a program on the command console that displays an overhead view of the battlefield, with the beacons highlighted. Make that map available to the soldiers as well.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:15:24 am by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

I see. Yes, this makes sense now.
Try adding one outer layer to the helmet; re-evaluate its (un)wieldiness.
Try the standart gauss rifle shot and overcharge shot against the Civic Defender's longcoat and against the Protectorate suit.
Compare the cutting power of the cutting laser and the laser rifle set to the highest intensity and lowest diffusion.

As for the helmet... this reminds me of something... I'll try to remember later.
Actually, Steve, what is the insignia of the 'Corps? And what is the motto of this old and noble organisation?

((Go all the way with names if you want; I'll even try to provide you with more ideas for those  :D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 13, 2012, 06:31:14 am »

So backplate, helmet, pauldrons, shin pads, upper leg armor, forearm plates, knuckle pads, and knee guards?
((Basically, plus upper arm armor.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:33:02 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Reset the simulation to apply the changes.))

After the reset:

Proceed to fight with two dummies with the use of Gyaku zuki (reverse punch) and kicks. If the opponents are too close, use elbow moves. Aim for the chest with the punches, try to apply the kicks to the waist and elbows attacks target the head.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

This time, load a simulation with (Grunhill's character)(Renen?).

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hooohhh.. Heh. So, this again?" Thomas tries to get up. If the man tries to hit him, counter.
[man dex:1-1]
[dex:3-1]

The man attempts to stomp on your head but rolls his ankle and simply collapses down on top of you.

Link the HEP to the AMBP's internal generator (Assuming it has one, if it doesn't, fit one), looking for it to be able to fire at least once every 15 seconds.

Open the design for a standard helmet and modify the transmitter/receiver to be compatible with the command console of an AMBP, so that a live feed from the helmet can be put on the command screen and vice versa from gunner/driver views on the AMBP. As well, put a beacon into the helmet and make a program on the command console that displays an overhead view of the battlefield, with the beacons highlighted. Make that map available to the soldiers as well.
Alright, lets go through the difficulties here.

1.HEP isn't gonna work like that. I'll just tell ya straight out that the HEP is a bit picky and doesn't like to fire anymore then once a minute. It is an only sort of understood alien weapon after all. It also using massive amounts of energy so even if you could get it to fire more often, you're gonna need a pretty powerful generator.

2.Beaming feeds from the console to helmets and helmets to console and stuff is fine and dandy, but that map thing is gonna be a bit different. See, for you to have a map, you need something to be mapping that area for you, like steve does. You could go off a static map, but that would only help with terrain, assuming the terrain hasn't changed.

I see. Yes, this makes sense now.
Try adding one outer layer to the helmet; re-evaluate its (un)wieldiness.
Try the standart gauss rifle shot and overcharge shot against the Civic Defender's longcoat and against the Protectorate suit.
Compare the cutting power of the cutting laser and the laser rifle set to the highest intensity and lowest diffusion.

As for the helmet... this reminds me of something... I'll try to remember later.
Actually, Steve, what is the insignia of the 'Corps? And what is the motto of this old and noble organisation?

((Go all the way with names if you want; I'll even try to provide you with more ideas for those  :D ))
Add a layer or add another layer? One layer isn't gonna be too unwieldy, two is gonna push it.

The standard gauss round cannot penetrate either piece of clothing, though the long coat is moderately damaged by stopping it. The overcharge barely makes it through the longcoat but also causes a large part of the coat to shatter like glass before fluttering down like fabric. The protectorate survives both intact.

The cutting laser is better.

>Before I answer that, let me ask you something, what is the motto of your garbage collection agency on whatever planet you're from?

((Basically, plus upper arm armor.))
Back plate is 3, helmet is 1, pauldrons are 2, shin pads are 1 each, upper leg is 3, forearm plates are 1, knuckle pads are 1 for both hands, and knee guards are 1 for both knees. Upper arm is gonna be 1 each.

((Reset the simulation to apply the changes.))

After the reset:

Proceed to fight with two dummies with the use of Gyaku zuki (reverse punch) and kicks. If the opponents are too close, use elbow moves. Aim for the chest with the punches, try to apply the kicks to the waist and elbows attacks target the head.
[Dummy 1 dex:2]
[Dummy 2 dex:1]
[dex:5]
You side step the dummies weak and pathetic attempts to grab you and immediately punch one of them straight in the solar plexus.
[str:6]
[dummy 1 end:1]
The first dummy makes a wet gurgling noise and collapses backwards, felled by a single blow.

This time, load a simulation with (Grunhill's character)(Renen?).
You load a simulation of being naked with Renen in a heart shaped, rose pedal be-decked, slowly rotating bed.

Perhaps you should be more specific with exactly what kind of simulation you want next time...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Take out pipe and club him.

((I was pretty sure it was an extension of the alphabetical combat sims...))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 2101