_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935916 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2460 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:11 pm »

(Jim has some advanced wrestling training... because I am the only wrestling fan on B12 and live by the Wrestler In All Of Us trope. :P)
((I think you made a fleeting reference to that fact before. It is also part of the reason Milno was never a threat to Jim. The other part would be the fact he is made of metal.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:26 pm »

((You saying that made me realize something. We are rewarded for being horribly maimed, in fact, if we lost everything but our head, we would get a rather major bonus.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: June 11, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

((SC's already commented on, even recommended, that several times. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: June 11, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »

((You saying that made me realize something. We are rewarded for being horribly maimed, in fact, if we lost everything but our head, we would get a rather major bonus.))

((You don't even really need to be maimed, just ask the Doctor. The full-body prosthesis available from the armory is a different thing from the full-body prosthesis you'd get in the medbay.

Though, you might end up with something... different than what you wanted.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: June 11, 2012, 08:52:27 pm »

((Though, you might end up with something... different than what you wanted.))
((We are just lucky no pervert *cough*Renen*cough* so far has asked for "body enhancements" from the doctor which would probably include multiple tentacles.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: June 11, 2012, 08:53:40 pm »

(( That's why I keep saying, there's something fishy about those metal replacements. If they are so good and are 'for free', there must be something they want us to lose with those human bodies (which, for some reason, they are hesitant to take away without our consent, or we'd already be all like Jim). The question is - what do we lose that way?
... Just a streak of a perfectly normal HMRC paranoia ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: June 11, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

((... Just a streak of a perfectly normal HMRC paranoia ;) ))
((Nope, I don't think so. They just want to explore the convicts as much as they can, and I bet those standard metal replacements must be reasonably cheap for the HMRC. The stuff I don't trust is synth-flesh. It has something alien in it, and I'm not getting Milno anything made from that.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »

((Another thing that's interesting is that only life saving objects cost tokens.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:14 pm »

((Though, you might end up with something... different than what you wanted.))
((We are just lucky no pervert *cough*Renen*cough* so far has asked for "body enhancements" from the doctor which would probably include multiple tentacles.))

((Aaaah, you're afraid he might ask for giant hands so he can grope multiple woman at a time...))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »

((Another thing that's interesting is that only life saving objects cost tokens.))

((Well, people often say that life is expensive.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 11, 2012, 09:08:26 pm »

(( That's why I keep saying, there's something fishy about those metal replacements. If they are so good and are 'for free', there must be something they want us to lose with those human bodies (which, for some reason, they are hesitant to take away without our consent, or we'd already be all like Jim). The question is - what do we lose that way?
... Just a streak of a perfectly normal HMRC paranoia ;) ))
((Well, they stuff us in them so we can keep doing stuff, which is better than not doing stuff. They're hesitant to do away with our normal human bodies because some people like them for whatever reason, and might have our performance negatively impacted by waking up in a cold, unfeeling metallic shell with no warning.))

((The stuff I don't trust is synth-flesh. It has something alien in it, and I'm not getting Milno anything made from that.))
((Somewhat wise, though I assume we'd have heard about it if there were known side effects or exploits.))

((This is an interesting observation. I think it's less literally "live saving" and more sophistication. You'll notice everything that costs tokens is either pretty advanced, like cameyes or that spine augment, or made of synth-flesh. Though I will admit that lower half was pretty handy, and at least sophisticated as far as gripping things goes.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: June 11, 2012, 09:24:28 pm »

Well, they stuff us in them so we can keep doing stuff, which is better than not doing stuff. They're hesitant to do away with our normal human bodies because some people like them for whatever reason, and might have our performance negatively impacted by waking up in a cold, unfeeling metallic shell with no warning.

(^+1. There's a lot of things Jim can no longer do due to his metal body. He can't sleep (well, kind of. At least not sleep in the traditional sense), he can't eat foods he likes or drink anything, he can't take recreational drugs, he can't really roughhouse with anybody like May and Lukas are doing right now - although Milno is a tough enough Bastard that he doesn't care if he or Jim accidentally hurt each other - he can't really do anything that Renan or May do to other people... put simply, he has almost nothing he can do to relax. About all he can do is watch TV, or maybe mess around in VR.

From a mission survival point of view, Jim is way better off than anyone below a MKIII suit. From a 'realistic' standpoint, it's a good thing he already mostly has the 'doesn't care about anything anymore' status or he'd be in pretty bad shape when it came to downtime between missions. It's important to consider things from an RP standpoint as well. I'm pleased with the robot body so far, but I'm going to try to use synthflesh buys to slowly turn him back into a semblance of a normal human so he can do some of that stuff and not - hopefully, considering synthflesh is albino - stand out so much among the Bastards.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 11, 2012, 09:29:00 pm »

((Well, if we're doing it right the Bastards should end up varied enough that the mandatory taller-than-everyone-else-bruiser wouldn't stand out so much. :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 11, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »

((@SeriousConcentrate: If anything, he'll stand out even more among the Bastards. As you said, synth-flesh will get him albino and if he gets extra arms he'll basically look like Erik.))
((Well, if we're doing it right the Bastards should end up varied enough that the mandatory taller-than-everyone-else-bruiser wouldn't stand out so much. :P))
((Which remembers me the GM did not add those handy short summaries for each character.))
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: June 11, 2012, 09:43:04 pm »

"Huh. Boring. Back into the VR. Let's see what I can do to improve my rifle. Maybe, if I... no, there is no way I could jury rig something like that. Bah, I'll just look at all the weapons."

Enter VR, pull up a scroll list of weapons, and select a gauss rifle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 2101