_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933954 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2430 on: June 11, 2012, 03:02:48 am »

You and May retire to the rec room and square up in the sparring ring.

Lukas gets into what he thinks will look like a wrestling position, bending through his knees a little and stretching his arms out towards May. "Okay sweetheart, let's do this!" He still feels a bit unsure whether this is a good idea. "Let's just assume that you're a lady and you can go first."

Await May's first move.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:04:40 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 11, 2012, 03:39:27 am »

"Okay!"
Run forward and dropkick Lukas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: June 11, 2012, 05:20:13 am »

"Okay!"

Attempt to grab May by the leg, lift her of the ground and throw her on the floor.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:29 am »

((@IronyOwl: I think we should not believe... :P))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:12:23 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 11, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

Try to create fireballs through the Microwave Amp and shoot them at a new dummy. If it happens to work, try to control the direction of one fireball after the shot before it hits the dummy. If I can't create any fireballs, try the same thing with a sphere of heat created by my equipment.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2435 on: June 11, 2012, 02:19:25 pm »

((Damn. So much for infinite ability to cut things up.

Well, actually, what about the rifle? Same issue?))

EDIT:

"Hey Steve? What do people who actually complete all ten missions usually do once they're done? Do they just go back to living normal lives, or decide they'd like to stay anyway, or what?"
Rifle could work, though cutting laser would be better. Well, better in that it cuts easier.

>Most continue to work somewhere in the army, what with the fact that their skills tend to lie in the "Murder" category.

Get him off.
The phrasing here leaves me a lot of room to be evil. For now I shall not be.

[Str:3]
[man str:2]

You manage to break free of the man's grasp wiggle out of under him. You roll and stand as he pulls himself up.

You're both starting to feel tired.

Damnation. Alright, driver, get us as far from the Altered lines as you can, gunner, hang on. I'm going to fry those bastards.

Program the Microwave Field Manipulator to heat the outside (and outside only) of the vehicle to 500 Celsius, and thank god that I can take as long as I need, since we're safe from the Altered outside the vehicle. It should be much easier than trying to do so in a fast-reaction tactical situation.

Activate after checking to make sure the math is correct, I don't want to end up frying US by accident.
You are busy thanking providence that none of those altered have taken any interest in your when you hear the sound of monoatomically sharp bone claws sliding along metal. So, something has taken an interest in you.
[uncon:4] You tap away at the screen of your manipulator, rapidly solving equations before hitting execute and snapping it closed. The exterior of your tank begins to shimmer as the air boils away, taking with it the flesh and bone of anything currently crawling, running, or scuttling over your armor. A few diehard beasts, ones designed to survive heat, cling fast, skin blackening slowly as they continue to carve into the armor. Your driver drops the tank into reverse and begins to retreat, charging backwards over men and altered alike.

Simultaneously activate the weapon (and hold it enabled) and squeze my tooth button (attempt to hold it until the suit on my back is dissolved through to my skin).
Now, is it conductive? My, my...

Note to self: Find a way to levitate in the air. Mk III suit, maybe?
You press down on your tooth switch and simultaneously activate the tesla arc, filling the dark cavernous gut with a flickering blue illumination as streams of current lash out, blackening and boiling flesh. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to help your situation very much. You continue to hold the tooth switch until you feel the corrosive fluid bite through your suit. You then proceed to electrocute yourself to death.

GAME OVER.

"Okay!"

"Okay!"

Attempt to grab May by the leg, lift her of the ground and throw her on the floor.

[may dex:6]
[Lukas dex:6]

May's flying kick zooms straight past Lukas and Lukas' grab misses entirely as she flies past him. The two end up on opposite sides of the ring, a bit confused but unharmed.

Try to create fireballs through the Microwave Amp and shoot them at a new dummy. If it happens to work, try to control the direction of one fireball after the shot before it hits the dummy. If I can't create any fireballs, try the same thing with a sphere of heat created by my equipment.

[exotic:1]
You concentrate on creating some sort of ball of heat or flame that you can shoot towards the enemy, attempting to focus despite the pain in your skull. A ball of heat appears alright, one several feet wide, and centered directly on your left leg. Your flesh burns away in an instant, boiling and melting away within your suit. You crumple to the ground as the heat dissipates an instant later, your leg now nothing but ash inside the suit.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 11, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »

Attack Lukas with a flying Clothsline.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 11, 2012, 02:38:43 pm »

Alright, there's just a few left out there. We'll have to take them manually, they seem to be resistant to heat and I'm a little apprehensive to turn it up too much out there, I don't want OUR armor to start melting.

Good thing that a couple of rifles come standard with this thing, eh? Gunner, take one, between the two of us, the hatch should function as a good chokepoint to keep them out. Use the three-shot burst.

Driver, do try to be a bit more careful of our own men, and get us out of this horde.

Take one of the RGH-KP Rifles, and once the gunner has done the same, open the exit hatch, but stay inside. Anything that tries to get in gets a body riddled with bullets from me and the gunner.

((There is no possible way in which this can go wrong. [/sarcasm]))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:42:02 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 11, 2012, 02:52:49 pm »

Rifle could work, though cutting laser would be better. Well, better in that it cuts easier.
((I actually totally forgot there was a cutting laser. Derp.

Of course, it's expensive, excessive, and uses conventional weapon skill and required Str 5, so it's probably not the best option.

How difficult would be it be to modify/cannibalize a laser rifle into what is essentially a laser cutting torch, and how effective would it be?))

You concentrate on creating some sort of ball of heat or flame that you can shoot towards the enemy, attempting to focus despite the pain in your skull. A ball of heat appears alright, one several feet wide, and centered directly on your left leg. Your flesh burns away in an instant, boiling and melting away within your suit. You crumple to the ground as the heat dissipates an instant later, your leg now nothing but ash inside the suit.
((See, this is why I've been avoiding field manipulators/amplifiers.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:59 pm »

(( So, how long did I actually hold the tooth button to get electocuted to death?  :) ))
Recall the simulation data and see what damage I managed  to deal to that monster. Then get a quick look at what's going on in Nekarious's simulation.
Nick, are you sure you don't need infantry support? Ah, I see, the fabled RGH-KP rifles.
Enter Nick's simulation.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »

Wait him out. Let him tire before finishing him.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:32 pm »

Flip to Nik's channel.

What I need is an autoloader for these LESHOs. Having the gunner have to get out every time to reload is... a very big flaw, I'd say. Not one that I really expected when I put them on, too.

I'll be adding more finishing touches when this simulation ends, likely with our death by Altered as we try to reload right now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:25:40 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 11, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »

Watch people.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2443 on: June 11, 2012, 05:42:11 pm »

(( So, how long did I actually hold the tooth button to get electocuted to death?  :) ))
Recall the simulation data and see what damage I managed  to deal to that monster. Then get a quick look at what's going on in Nekarious's simulation.
Nick, are you sure you don't need infantry support? Ah, I see, the fabled RGH-KP rifles.
Enter Nick's simulation.
According to the simulation data you gave the creature the equivalent of a splinter and a tummy ache.

You pop directly into Nick's simulation, taking the place of his driver.

Alright, there's just a few left out there. We'll have to take them manually, they seem to be resistant to heat and I'm a little apprehensive to turn it up too much out there, I don't want OUR armor to start melting.

Good thing that a couple of rifles come standard with this thing, eh? Gunner, take one, between the two of us, the hatch should function as a good chokepoint to keep them out. Use the three-shot burst.

Driver, do try to be a bit more careful of our own men, and get us out of this horde.

Take one of the RGH-KP Rifles, and once the gunner has done the same, open the exit hatch, but stay inside. Anything that tries to get in gets a body riddled with bullets from me and the gunner.

((There is no possible way in which this can go wrong. [/sarcasm]))
You and the gunner grab one of the rifles from the slots set into the wall and set yourselves up at the rear doors, the gunner kneeling and you standing behind him, rifle over his head. You give him a count down before pressing the button to open the door. The door opens in a flash, propelled on hydraulics, and reveals the world beyond. Everything is moving toward you as the tank reverses across the field, men running along side as they fire back over their shoulders in desperation. The hatch is open for all of a few seconds before something clanks across the roof and an arm, emaciatedly thin and tipped with a dozen talons, whips into the cabin and brings the rest of the hissing, spined monstrosity with it a moment later. You both open fire at point blank range, tearing the creature apart. Before it can even fall away another slithers in, and another, and another. You fire in bursts, deafeningly loud as they echo in the confined space of the tank, send the endless beasts tumbling back. You come to the rather terrifying realization that your ammo is going to run out soon enough.

((I actually totally forgot there was a cutting laser. Derp.

Of course, it's expensive, excessive, and uses conventional weapon skill and required Str 5, so it's probably not the best option.

How difficult would be it be to modify/cannibalize a laser rifle into what is essentially a laser cutting torch, and how effective would it be?))

((See, this is why I've been avoiding field manipulators/amplifiers.))
That all depends on exactly how you modify and cannibalize it.

Wait him out. Let him tire before finishing him.
[Man dex:3]
[dex:5]
You easily side step a high kick.
[man dex:5]
[dex:6]
You barely avoid his upper cut.
[Man dex:3]
[dex:1]
[Man str:1]
You jump directly into a body blow but it's far too shallow and weak to effect you.

The man is looking tired, clearly out of breath, so you leap in to deliver a decisive blow.

[dex:2]
[Man dex:4-1]
The man stumbles back awkwardly, barely keeping his feet under him, but avoids your attack.

Watch people.
You stare at people like some sort of creepy weirdo.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 11, 2012, 05:50:38 pm »

Snap kick him in the face.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 2101